1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You do know those ads come from the cookies on your own computor, right? Just saying. :rolleyes::whis:

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Trying some of dBears Black Lung, Thanks, dBear, in an old small
    Yello Bole. It seems to work better in a smaller pipe for me. The syrian is all this blend is about and it's pretty good. Not shy, either.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

After dinner smoke - we don't have cinnamon rolls
    so a bowl of symphony in the cob will have to do
    and a cup of coffee sounds good

4. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Uhle's 44 in that little "Hattfield" cutty I made.

5. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Finished "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and another bowl of Half & Half in the ol' Wally Frank bulldog... super good stuff for OTC. Can't recommend it enough for new folks.
    [​IMG]

Moving on to "Hang 'em High" and another bowl of Half & Half in the no name Imported Briar. Somebody stop me! lol

[​IMG]

6. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

SH Exotique in a Ferndown

7. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

This is the iPad issued by work. I guarantee there's nothing scandalous . . . on THIS one. ;)

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

That's what you get for spending all that time dreaming about librarians :byg:

9. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Having a big daddy Beck's (1pint, 6oz.) and a briar full of Luxury Circle Flakes after an 18 mile bike ride, and receding and rebuilding a drive in a RAID 5 server.

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Google AdSense ads DO only come from recommended ads sent to you based on your browsing history.....

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

And your ip adress

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

It's Irish Oak (thanks WalkinStick) in my 2013 POY! MDaws79 hand delivered my POY yesterday evening. This is my second bowl in it, and probably my last bowl for the week-end. still playing catch-up on this thread.

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Unfortunatly they attatch themselves from everywhere. It may not be the case for the program on the forum, but i've seen it in alot of places. Like you, I know darn well, I haven't been anywhere scandalous, but I see similar ads. Google Chrome is really bad about that. Picking up things from various websites you don't know are there is common. Google ad's in the spaces to the left or right of some sites can do it. It's all over, lol, not safe to go anywhere anymore and its not a slap towards anyones morality. It's really invasive. I'm not getting cougars, i'm getting ad's from all types of online games. I suppose it's because I am in that community online. What I said wasn't meant to sound like a rebuff, I'm really sorry if it came over that way.
    I'm sorry, that sounded bad again. I'll shut up!

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Yeah, in the sense that it uses your external ISP IP addy to look up what you've searched for previously in Google's library of the entire internet.

15. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

If they are "Google" ads, they are not dirty ads, though. If they are Google AdsSense ads for certain, then your IP address has been searching sites with that material. Numerous sites are filled with Flash and Javascript advertising, most of those are not from Google. Those ads are also purposefully placed their by the owner of the site, by the way. Just as the Google ads on this page are coded in there by Woody or jpberg, etc. They don't just "magically pop up," they are revenue, and all ads on all sites are there to make money.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Truly honored.:puffy:

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I just gave Adsense as an example, there are many others out there that has no sense about scruples, that are completely unknown.

18. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thanks Mark. :th1:

19. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

1) Afternoon pipe: Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (the original, and thanks again Spill) enjoyed in a Radice TB with WWHermit out on the deck.
    2) Early evening pipe: GL Pease Cairo in a BST Dublin.

20. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

No, no. No offense taken AT ALL.

I was just confused about the cougars, the hospital for depressed women, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.