What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Last smoke of the night is a bowl from the Podge jar, in the Bent Viking with Bowl #1, simple and relaxing, and more ice tea, I think 96 oz or 14-16 cups of coffee was enough, lol

Smokey, MDaws79, dBear and 15 others like this.
  2. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning.

MDaws79, dBear, cobbsmoker and 16 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Hmm, I see you slackers have been talking smack about my back and behind it, beside it and in front of it too! [​IMG] Anyhoo, got up and read the latest drivel and a measly 3 pages, what the heck is wrong with you people? I'm smoking the infamous AoTM or [​IMG]to the unwashed, with a large Pusser's Rum Mug full of Khave, strong and black.

To BriarRabbit and ZeissMan the recipe for AoTM simply came about one morning when I was heading out to listen to some tunes in the SL500. I opened my pouch with the 6 y/o Anniversary Kake and realized there was not an abundance of it left so I packed my pipe 2/3's of the way with Plum Cake from the other pouch I was carrying then simply filled the last third with the Anni Kake (stacked blend so to speak). Was very surprised how well it smokes, the name comes from the song by Juice Newton which is what was playing as I drove off and puffed away. Good morning PSFer's.

MDaws79, dBear, JimInks and 17 others like this.
  4. Thuber88

Not smack at all, only appreciation for a fine member, and a good friend here on PSF:)

MDaws79, JimInks, p120d16y and 11 others like this.
  5. Thuber88

And Good Morning Sir Fishy;)

MDaws79, JimInks, Morse and 9 others like this.
  6. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Sleep last night came in three batches. Gotta get that straightened out. Up now, about to hit the desk. But first, some Sherlock's.

SidStavros, MDaws79, dBear and 13 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Time to jockey some vehicles, got to move the Accord Crosstour which I don't smoke in so I can get to the SL500 or Brother HATE's Traveling Salvation Show and listen to some tunes and sip more Joe and smoke, holstered the Droid RAZR and will brew another mug of Khave then it's giddyap....................

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Dark Twist in a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 316 EX ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This pipe is utterly, fantastically, amazingly, outrageously awesome. It arrived today, brand new and ready to smoke, for the princely sum of just over $50. After just a third of a bowl, I can safely declare that it smokes as perfectly as my very best pipes. To me this is what pipe collecting is all about: finding the great smokers of high quality in the $50-$100 price range, preferably in classic shapes that wear well with time.

The chamber diameter on this pipe is 1.04 inches. It's a monster as far as capacity goes. But the briar itself is stylishly compact and lightweight: only 58 grams. What a machine! I briefly lamp-dried 8 coins of Dark Twist and stacked 6 of them like pancakes. They dropped effortlessly into the gaping cavern, which was then filled up to the top with the remaining 2 discs in ready rubbed-form for kindling. Absolutely effortless draw. And the DT burns better in this pipe than in any other. The aroma is like German black bread with sourdough, right from the bakery. Mouth watering.

Longshanks, SidStavros, Tsal and 18 others like this.
  9. Thuber88

Very nice Pipe, Mentor! Glad you got a another great smoker:th1:

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I got the car moved and jumped in the SL500 and got the tunes going, thankful Levi has great taste in music the Three Tenors were belting away and the sky is an ugly steel grey. As I rounded the bend the ocean came into view and it was the same color as the sky. It was then I noticed the houses I passed were grey, white and black and to make it worse all the cars wear white, black or a shade of grey and I was suddenly back to the 1950's in a B&W world. Hoping I was either dreaming this or it was temporary Mimmo's restaurant came into view with the American and Italian flags flying in the breeze and the huge green dumpster in the parking lot, whew. Now at my parking spot sipping on coffee and about to pack the Irving Cobb cob with more AoTM......

MDaws79, dBear, JimInks and 12 others like this.
  11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Had a half bowl of Pirate Kake left over from last night, I crammed some Dark Flake Aromatic in and fired it up. Mr. Banjo smokes angels in the morning, I'd say this is at the other end of the scale. Tasty, but evil.

SidStavros, MDaws79, dBear and 20 others like this.
  12. craig

craig Active Member

Some gl pease union sqaure in my alco with bull dog bowl with some nescafe azera barista style coffee

MDaws79, dBear, p120d16y and 13 others like this.
  13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Thanks!

I have nothing against high grades, having had a brief flirtation once that lasted about 30 seconds. A bit of a letdown actually in the old cost/benefit department. Now that I'm retired, I actually prefer pipes like this 316. What you might call making a virtue out of necessity.

MDaws79, dBear, JimInks and 13 others like this.
  14. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Black House. in a blasted bull dog.

MDaws79, dBear, JimInks and 13 others like this.
  15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! First pipe of the day for me is, Germains Medium Flake in the Wild Honey briar. I'm drinking the usual coffee (splashed). Almost time to head out. I've packed some more PS LTF and a couple pipes for the workday. Last nights weather has passed us by. Maybe another round coming this afternoon. Last night alone we got 3.9" of rain. The night before, .4". Anyway, Happy smoking everyone!

SidStavros, MDaws79, dBear and 15 others like this.
  16. muddler

muddler Active Member

Morning all! First bowlof the day is BBF in a GBD New Standard.

[​IMG]

Longshanks, MDaws79, dBear and 18 others like this.
  17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Way to go Stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDaws79, dBear, JimInks and 9 others like this.
  18. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Good morning gents
    Getting ready for work... So it will be good old
    [​IMG]
    in my Gentleman
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

SidStavros, MDaws79, dBear and 17 others like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Welcome to Florida Snake!!!!!!!

MDaws79, dBear, Thuber88 and 8 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cripes, I'm losing it, on the ride back from the restaurant I was listening to the Three Tenors belting away and sipping on AoTM in the Irving Cobb when I swear I saw a monkey run across the road! :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.