1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Out of the office early today. Comp time for a working dinner that's going to last all night. Wilshire and Ravel. Then a ton of errands.

Probably check this thread out later or tomorrow a.m., depending on how long people talk tonight at dinner. Ugh.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  2. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

Thanks for the link. HU Tobaccos are some of the most unique blends to date, imo. I love 'em. Balkan Passion, Director's Cut and Edward G. are a few of my favourites. There's several others I'm chomping at the bit to give a go as well.

For now it's St.Bruno in a BBB Own Make as the thunder rolls softly in the background. Perfect for the pensiveness of pipesmoking. :puffy:

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Baker Street USA (thanks, Surlysoul!) in the Pony Foot meer. This poor pipe has been neglected since the POY arrived.

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Very interesting, I would think that opening the jar every few weeks would stop the ageing process and make it have to restart. That is the impression I got from some other threads on ageing anyway. As I understand it, it takes a few weeks for the ageing process to begin because one bacteria has to use up all of the oxygen before the other bacteria starts breaking down the tobacco.
    However, I am no expert. And you have been smoking pipes longer than I have. Maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying.

I am currently working on a bowl of LNF in the POY, good afternoon everybody!

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

That sounds logical to me MD.

Lucky Duck, Morse, surlysoul and 7 others like this.
  6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

After diner bowl: 1/2 of McClellands St James Woods 1/2 HU Tobacco's Old Fredder's in a Bentley Bulldog.

cobbsmoker, Lucky Duck, Morse and 9 others like this.
  7. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Carter Haulin again in my Country Gent. Thai iced tea to wash it down.
    I can feel the electric company rubbing their mitts together today. Just fired up the ac to cool the apartment.

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

They say, bad and good luck comes in three's, so.... with that in mind, you might actually get some tonight!:xd:

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I agree. Once you jar it, leave it alone. Opening and reopening will stop the aging process. Speaking of aging, I'm not getting any younger either, so I'd better smoke this bowl of Astley's 55 in an early Radice Rind three quarter bend sandblast egg with a bamboo-style carving on the shank while I can! Thanks to Ruffinogold for the sample.

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 9 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

+5 for EGR

Lucky Duck, Morse, JimInks and 5 others like this.
  11. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Of all the people that don't post pictures, all us other schmucks really miss out on seeing your collection. Not to mention the kitties.

Lucky Duck, Morse, JimInks and 9 others like this.
  12. Thuber88

Its not like its not all taken care of for him...:rolleyes:

Morse, JimInks, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

JimInks has occasionally posted pics by proxy, when he's asked nicely enough.

Morse, WalkinStick, JimInks and 7 others like this.
  14. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Mr Jim Sir, I was wondering, I mean, if its not to much trouble, would you please,

go get a digital camera and a photobucket account and then spend three hours or more trying to figure out how to link pictures to this forum, thinking the whole time that copy paste has worked for every other thing you ever needed to put a picture on! Why won't it work here!? Then give up, swear off pictures for good this time, sleep it off, then try again. Over and over and over...

So that we can see some pictures of cats and pipes.

15. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I just bought a well-bulging tin that is at least 3-4 years old, but sadly they don't date their tins so the b&m just knew its a few years....anyway...bought a bulging tin of C&D Pirate Kake, cracked open with a hiss like a can of soda! Bought a new Savinelli Horned Dublin with yellow swirled lucite stem, unfinished. Going to try this PK ;)

Also bought a 2009 tin of Tudor Castle.

Morse, WalkinStick, JimInks and 11 others like this.
  16. Thuber88

Mr Inks is a busy guy, there are the nubiles to look after:ngty: , and the St Bernard needs his shots, and loading that dog up takes time.
    He has to makes sure the warehouse is maintained, and restocked,massive ordering takes time, and the software updates to organize it all.
    So much of it is automated now, but still hours can be used just on making his daily selections of pipe and tobacco.
    Not to mention kitty play time.;)

fallsguy, Morse, WalkinStick and 8 others like this.
  17. Thuber88

I get those from the grocery store, it add a new world of flavors to the mix, although sometimes its not easy to tell what that mix is, but you end up happy from the colors afterwards anyway [​IMG]

Morse, WalkinStick, JimInks and 4 others like this.
  18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

oO, a hissing can of PK! Run hide, quick. That should be good, let us know!

Morse, WalkinStick, psquared and 7 others like this.
  19. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Uhle's Blend 44 in a DGE Nosewarmer Great Dane Egg with a briar shank.
    My first bowl in this pipe. Ahhhh.

PS. Anyone else think Blend 44 is about the best VaBur out there?

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

a few miles short of 2 trips round the 100 mile country block:shead:

after 2 hours of signing papers i got my dad moved to a place a little closer to home

did enjoy a bowl of whiskey riff in a cob on the way home

Artistik, Morse, Stormy and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.