What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

making room for the night shift guys to come in here - rearrange everything and leave big mess

keep coffee pot going and

Happy Smoking !
    :puffy:

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

We are usually pretty tidy, usually...:rolleyes:

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

and they were the Seed Handlers too which was an important task !

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Speaking of being tidy, you should check out this page and read the headline about the traffic accident.

http://www.newsfromme.com/

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Oops .. got it :th1:

6. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Just returned from Pipe Club at the local B&M. Smoked some Pembroke and Bosphorus Cruise. Sat next to a couple of Codgers, one of whom was aggravated at the cigar smoker who wouldn't stop telling everyone his opinion on everything. Bought a tin of plumcake to try. They had some good food and it was a good time. It's a good place and I feel lucky to have a B&M near me. I think I will catch up on this thread tomorrow.

7. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Beautiful pipe! I love a nice Dublin!:D

8. Thuber88

Would that be a Dublin or more of a Zulu? But I'm easily confused. must be the Hawaiin punch:rolleyes:

9. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

McB Virginia no.1 in a Falcon

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to resist the urge and let this Tudor Castle sit for as long as possible. It's one of my favorites, and the last old tin they had. The others were 2012 only. I have my eye on a Viking Bulldog at the shop, and a Nording Freehand Signature series or two they are about to get in soon, and soon thereafter have a 20% sale on all pipes. At that time, If I buy one of these pipes, I'm going to persuade them to give me a bowl of their 2001 McClelland Anniversary Virginia if I buy another pipe so soon. :) We'll see how that goes. I smelled the 2001 today, but didn't get any of it. :(

11. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

We were consid
    We were considering it a horn Dublin in the shop. It's actually a pretty good size. Pictures don't do it justice. Also, on the left side not pictured, it's much lighter with grain swirls. As if it quite literally has a light/dark side. A monster of a bowl, my forefinger goes all the way to middle knuckle, and I have rather large, lanky hands.

I'm now going to have some Escudo in the Savinelli Dublin, third half-bowl I've had in the pipe. I'll let it rest tomorrow after this. It doesn't seem to build moisture if sipped slowly.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Hey Boss , I took care of dat thing for ya ;) . So hows about this weekend we get the five families together and have us a little talk

13. Thuber88

Its very nice, I like it, but then I like Zulu's as well, and like larger pipes because I am large.
    Very nice pipe:th1:

14. Thuber88

All cept for Fredo, he said he wanted to go fishing, yeah that's it, fishing......
    And Big Paul can't make it, he is going out for a nice steak this weekend

15. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Thanks! I'm all smiles about it. It's my first big named briar, like I said earlier. Let's face it, Leonessa Briosa(my first briar) is a second grade, heavily rusticated brand due to using newer briar that's almost always filled with blemishes, so they rusticate the HELL out of it. It's much heavier than the Savs as well. Next is Nording, Viking, and more Savinelli's for me. I should also be getting a rock cob tomorrow....whooo hoooo. If I smoke Escudo as planned in the rock cob, I'll only have about 4 coins left...uh oh...

16. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

PA in a MM Country Gent with Forever Stem.

17. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I tried that stuff once, it tasted like play-doh......does it still smell & taste like that or is it better these days? Burley I think it was, air cured.

18. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

It could be worse. You could be a Phillies fan, as I am! Looks like a very long year ahead!

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the former, and as for the latter: any time, buddy!

Braves beat the Twins in the 10th 5-4. Nats are leading the Giants 2-1 in the 6th.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 9 others like this.
  20. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I remember when I first tried SG flakes, I thought every single one of them when they are sopping wet smell like play-dough. Especially Best Brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.