What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Been sampling my new shipment of VA #1 all day (for the first time).....nice smoke - if a little mild, and wow! - is it sweet!
    OT
    [​IMG]

Smokey, cobbsmoker, Morse and 19 others like this.
  2. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Just helped my brother move all the while smoking a bowl of CB regular out of my trusted Bentley!

Smokey, inkybat, Artistik and 18 others like this.
  3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

so you just sat in the car and smoked?

4. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

It's a rainy day on the back porch. Enjoying Uhle's Blend 114 in my Wally Frank Straight Grain pipe with a glass of Luzianne ice tea.

5. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

If u happen to have the extra coin layin' around & have a specialty wine / spirits / craft beer type store, look into Golden Pheasant. Best Pils I've ever had. PBR, lol, great pizza beer~ 50 cents a can at this place I go to once in a while if I can't get a game on TV. Pils is my summer time choice along w. firefly sweet tea infused vodka. ~gooood stuff w. a good virginia in a cob. I drink Porter on the 4th of July though. Ironic because it's an English Beer, but Porter was George Washington's favorite beer, he liked dark english beers, particularly Porter. In the NYC Library, there's a personal notebook of his on display that contains his own personal recipe for brewing his own porter, it's a recipe that makes 30 gallons ;) ~Now u know why Molasses was so important during those times ;) Beer & baking~

Haven't had a pipe yet today, probably have one tonight, some Larry's Blend in my meer~ Balkans & Orientals go in the meer~ Pretty much hanging my briers out until fall comes. Getting to be muggy now so this is typically when I get the most meer & cob mileage unless I'm at the B&M.

EDIT:
    16 gallon beer recipe in George Washington's personal notebook

[​IMG]

Washington's 30 Gallon Porter recipe

[​IMG]

BurgundyRed, Morse, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  6. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Afternoon forum'ers. Orlik in my Patriot. Nice combo. Porchin it.

7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

2nd bowl of Reverie(Thx to FnB) in Dr G Biking, straight with bowl #2

cobbsmoker, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  8. dBear

dBear Active Member

To heck with experimenting, I'm sticking with my favorites today. So it'll be Black Lung, Trout Stream and Classic Burley Kake all day. Starting off with Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tank. Love the dirty peat moss taste of this.

cobbsmoker, Morse, User4408 and 18 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Ruffinogold, I'm now smoking Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording. The Braves beat the Twins. I'm drinking a glass of ice tea and talking with some company.

10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Afternoon, folks. Having the inaugural bowl in my Kaywoodie POY. Decided to go with trusty FVF. This pipe smokes really well. Also, when I first got it I thought the walls looked a little thin and I was worried it would heat up quickly, but no. I'm very pleased with this pipe.

Kind of hot outside, 84˚F (29˚C), 49%RH, SW winds at 12 mph. We were supposed to get thunderstorms but it looks like we might have gotten cheated out of them. They just kind of dissipate when the cross the Mississippi-Alabama border a lot of the time. I suppose this is the one time I've ever been able to say that Mississippi has something I want. :D

11. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hey there Stravinsky.
    Yeah, I'm an Episcopalian of the "high church" variety and love Orthodox icons. My avatar is of Ephraim the Syrian, a saint highly regarded by some of the Anglican theologians of the 1700s. I too have many icons hanging in my room :) Beautiful spiritual art.

Firing up a cob full of Carter Hall, getting ready to watch the Nats hopefully rebound from last nights gut-wrenching loss.
    :puffy:

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hi there,
    after a six-hour train ride I just arrived in Hamburg, had dinner already and am about to smoke the first and probably the only bowl of today. Stuffed the Pete Deerstalker with G.L. Pease' Telegraph Hill, watching American Gangster. Have a great evening all! :)

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Watching the: Tunnel Rats (2008)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and smoking the: Cornell and Diehl Blockade Runner.

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just got back from 78 mile country drive

Smoked 2 bowls of LEO pipe tobacco one going and one coming back home

now time to open my pipeshop garage and make some dust

:toast:

15. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

no

16. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Now smoking some SWRA in a MM Washington I have dedicated to this mild, delightful aromatic. Doesn't seem to ghost the cob much though.
    Also enjoying a cup of warm coffee while waiting for my iced coffee to get cold.
    Pretty warm and sunny here today. Summer is on the way...
    :puffy:

Smokey, cobbsmoker, Artistik and 13 others like this.
  17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Good rainy afternoon to
    my fellow pipers. GH
    Bosun Cut Plug in a
    Genoa bowl.

18. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Greetings, PSF!
    Well it will be
    [​IMG]
    in Sener
    [​IMG]
    RR really shines in a meerschaum!
    Happy puffing mates!

19. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Camped out in West Virginia last night at the Broken Wheel campground. Treated myself to a couple bowls of Borkum Riff in the Vendome after finishing the initial tent setup. Turns out most of the campers at this place had campers... no tents, so I got the entire tent area to myself. It was extra peaceful and surrounded by a horse shoe hill full of wildlife. It was also neatly divided by a gurgling brook. Saw a bunch of birds, heard a woodpecker, saw a bunch of rabbits and followed a doe grazing easily within 100 ft of camp, all inside this peaceful horseshoe. Despite the stormy weather passing through that night, I was comfy and well protected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Beautiful pipe you have there Tom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.