What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoking some Exhausted Rooster in my DGE Nosewarmer. That cobb loves that stuff. Watching the cardinals at the bird feeder while I enjoy a big glass of sweet tea. Two more days till a three day weekend! :ohyh:

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Game of Thrones is great I love that show :) Only 2 episodes left this season, and no new episode next Sunday.

Enjoying the sound of distant thunder and pouring rain while packing up some Carter Hall in my cob. Do I still have to list what pipe I'm using? As most of you know, its always a MM cob of one style or another :)
    I do enjoy seeing pics of everyone's pipe of choice though :puffy:

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Edit: for content

Nevermind

4. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

CH in a vintage Grabow Lark/Straub lt beer watching the Pirates Cubs game,LETS GO BUCS.

Morse, MDaws79, Smokey and 15 others like this.
  5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Gathering the candles together for a possible power outage. T-storm is raging at the moment. That's 3 hours straight now of one storm after another.

Still smoking some Carter Hall in a........cob :puffy:

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 15 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood. It wasn't a hard decision! Trader Joe's Unfiltered Grape Juice for my drink. I'm watching as the Pirates are leading the Cubs 1-0 going to the bottom of the seventh. Good pitching duel. Orioles are leading the Yankees 6-2 in the 7th, and the Red Sox are leading the White Sox 2-0 in the third. I'm also watching Suzy and Molly fight over a flying bug. Crazy little rugrats!! Going back to work in a few minutes.

Morse, MDaws79, Smokey and 17 others like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

I smoked a Churchwarden in my last life. They gave me the electric chair for it.

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 13 others like this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

LEO in a Peterson Dracula 03. It's finally raining and the fire bans are coming off. +8C(46F)H100%

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 16 others like this.
  9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

BTW, if I suddenly disappear from the forum for the night, that means the power is out. Not a big deal usually for city folk, but out here in the country our well water supply and toilet-flushing ability go out with the electricity :eek: (actually happened a couple summers ago when a small tornado hit. Interesting weekend that was).
    No worries though, lots of water jugs in storage, lots of books to read by candlelight, and lots of tobacco to smoke :)

[obviously this would be trivial compared to the horrible tragedy out in Oklahoma. I pray for them daily]

Morse, MainePipe, MDaws79 and 16 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Get 3-5 5 gallon buckets for the stormy times, fill all but one with water and set them aside, the toilet will work by just using them to fill the tank, the one empty one is for when you have no other options.;)

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 8 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

I guess the banner ads on my forum page have finally decided I'm simply not going to date 12,000 Asian women online. But I do wonder how long it would take to smoke 12,000 bowls of this Trout Stream in my DGE Chunky Elegancy.

12. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Same question from the ol' ZeissMan who dearly loves Pilsner Urquell. And by the way, love that pipe too!
    ~ ZeissMan

Morse, MDaws79, Brit abroad and 8 others like this.
  13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Kickin Chicken in a MM Great Dane Spool with Forver Stem. A little Woodford Reserve on the side.

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 14 others like this.
  14. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

15. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Thanks! Yeah fortunately I haven't had to try that out yet :)

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 8 others like this.
  16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

;) Its for if the power goes out, just handy to be prepared a tiny bit, mine doesn't go out for that long(2-12 Hrs), luckily, its more crappy service than other issues during a storm, but its enough to make you plan a little, or fill your tub when the storm starts, then you have water for drinking and the toilet, just need one empty bucket then.

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 5 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the BST

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 13 others like this.
  18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Damn, double damn, and an extra side-order of DAMMIT. I hate when that happens. It's mildly consoling to hear that at least I'm not alone. What's really irritating is when the favorites are overlooked in a mad rush not to forget the tiny details.

But this DGT'd Dark Twist in a 316 is making me forget all about those ... what were we talking about?

Morse, Atom, MDaws79 and 13 others like this.
  19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

The rock cob didn't arrive today, so should be here tomorrow. Right now I'm going to fire up AoTM for the first time. I figured since I have a sample of Plumcake, I just better try it now. Will be smoking that in my Savinelli Dublin.

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 16 others like this.
  20. furious

furious Junque collector

Just finished some Dunhill London Mixture in a "new-to-me" pre-trans Barling EXEL billiard. Delicious smoke!

Morse, MDaws79, FlatbushPaul and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.