What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Well I'm curious what you guys that smoke 30 bowls a day have to say about this, really curious.... but I think I have to take a break from smoking for a few days because my gums are looking far too white. Does this happen to you guys( I won't believe you if you say it actually doesn't) I haven't used any dip in over a week, I've not smoked more than 4-5 pipes a day, but my gums are looking a little too beat up for my liking. Comments on this, maybe? I was smoking a bowl of Waterloo in my rock cob, and I'll be damned if I don't want to smoke more right now, especially after a few beers, but I can't push myself to do it. I'll be taking a few days break... :(

Listening to the Otis Redding Dock Of The Bay Definitive Collection album.

2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Pshhhh...LNF is king. You haven't tried it before? For the bang of the buck, it's one of the tastiest VaPer's out there in my opinion.

3. Atom

Atom Member

LNF
    I've had this bowl loaded up and waiting to go since Sunday or Monday, why I've waited so long I don't know.
    Sitting on the porch listening to the rain and a few rumbles of thunder.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Maaaann! My tongue is numb from smoking that mushroom weed. Do they put novocain in it as a dressing?:beyes:

5. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

LNF with some age on....I just found out recently, is even better!

Lucky Duck, Atom, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I only smoke between 12-15 bowls per day, so I can't answer your question as precisely as the other folks here :)
    Seriously though I haven't noticed any whitening of my gums. Are they sore at all? Could also be some combination of alcohol+smoking together? Doubtful but I'm not sure what could cause that.
    Definitely keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

First pipe after my little nap is a cob of Velvet. :puffy:

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I found it kind of boring, so I jarred the rest of what I have and will revisit it in about 4 or 5 years. It should age well.

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Well, I never noticed a thing until after buying my first few tins of Copenhagen snuff the week or two before last, if that says anything. I was only having a couple, maybe up to 3-4 dips a day, and I haven't had any in a full week. My gums aren't sore, but they are surely white.

9. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

mine only had about three months on it, but it seemed to make the perigue stand out a little stronger. But I like it fresh out of the box too.

edit: this was in reply to JimInks

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I've got a few ounces left yet, maybe 3 ounces jarred since January.

So...I looked it up... nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, dipping/snuffing orally has such a high level of nicotine, it blocks off blood flow to your gums and long term, or semi-regularly is really bad for your gums. Hmm. Must be pretty bad to have done this in ONE week.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Irish Flake cradling Painter Hills cradling 1792 cradling Prairie Wind in xxl IMP meerschaum. Darjeeling tea. Just sitting back and listening to the wind and rain. Think I'll get the fireplace going. +3C(37F)H95%

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I hope time does the same for the three ounces or so I have left. I hardly tasted the perique. Normally, I'm not a fan of Stokkebye tobaccos, but I tried this because of hype, and was disappointed. I'd much rather smoke Escudo or Dunhill Navy Rolls.

Anyway, I'm now smoking Onyx in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. Aged or fresh, it's a brilliant English blend. Think I'll have another glass of ice tea and listen to old time radio shows.

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Yeah, in that case I think that it was a wise decision to cease dipping. That does seem to have developed rather fast though...
    I'm no doctor of course, but I'm sure your gums will recover :)

Packing some Sir Walter Aromatic in a MM Legend bent w/straight stem. Sipping some mild iced coffee.

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I've been reading a bunch about it now and see crazy stats like with MLB players that dip a can or more a week, 70% of them have white spots/sore spots. etc. Smoking has never done this, I've been smoking since i was 15 and I'm 24 years old. I dipped about one full can in 7 days and my gums are white all over.

Sorry to bring it so off-topic, I'm going to finish the few puffs remaining in my rock cob of the Waterloo.

15. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Time for Prince Albert in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. This is the maiden voyage, so I'm going with a simple OTC burley. We'll see where things end up after I run a few different blends through this bad boy.

16. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Goodnight my friends, tongue getting back to normal.

17. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Kickin Chicken in the POY. Took tomorrow off and working on a half-gallon of home made stout.

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Most of my smokes are what I call short smokes. Half hour or less. I also dip but that's an all day thing. Prolly cause I have smoked for 40-45 years is why it dosen't affect me. White spots on gum is kinda common, but really not too often for me. I don't hold the pipe in my mouth all the time, either. Maybe a chemical reation from something else is bothering your gums and lips, dunno. I drink lemonade and tea cause it cleans the inside of my mouth and they taste good. I may have a stiff drink 2-3 times a year cause i'm not really supposed to drink because of bad heart. Not sure what else to say about what you are going thru. Others here may have an Idea. Good luck with it.

19. Morse

Morse Active Member

You'll notice that only two of the blends are still available and I have it from PC directly that once these sell out, that will be it. Move quickly if you like em

20. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I've yet to try that, that's a va/per, right? I hear a lot of good things about it, thinking of ordering some fer giggles...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.