What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I've just started watching a very interesting documentary about an "unknown pop music icon" - "Searching for Sugar Man".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125608/?ref_=sr_1
    [​IMG]

Enjoying some - or to be precise - 3 Nuns in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker. :bing:

2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I'm sure ready to cut out of work early. Installing an entire management suite for book keeping/accounting on a server, a very expensive software made by a certain Maxwell Systems,($10k software) and having to go through the rigors of implementing all kinds of encryption keys along the way. They brag about their software being impossible to pirate. Ugh... Should be out of here in an hour. Then it's "Rock cob fever...dnuh nunun...rock cob fever....."

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

SG FireDance Flake in a Peterson Canadian. Don't know if I like this tobacco, but it sure is tasty enough that it can't be ignored.
    Crushed ice with a meyer lemon teabag at the bottom of the jug. +8C(46F)H100%, and yes, it's still raining.

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I've heard a little bit of his stuff, I bet that's a cracking movie to smoke a pipe with.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well today was PT and it went as poorly as I anticipated due to having infusions yesterday and it was not my usual stuff they changed vendors so instead of 2 bottles and a bag I had 4 bottles and a bag. Had an upset stomach and came home and drank some Bengal Spice Tea which settled it down nicely then the splitting headache hit me, I never get upset tummy or headaches, so I close all the blinds and my room is nearly pitch black save the PC screen. Took 5 hours before it was gone and when I got up I'm still doing the Frankenstein walk ergo a poor PT.

I then grab Levi and put him in the SL500 and off we go to visit my friend the bamboo fly rod maker so he can verify my thoughts on a rod I have to give an estimated value on, we're generally $25-100 different in value +/- but today we were dead on so that's good news for the guy trying to sell it but I need to write it up and take photos. Being a bit unstable I don't wish to take photos of his rod today so I stop at the SubWay down there as the Mrs likes their Veggie Sub and got one of their SubWay Sub's.

When I got home there were two packaged waiting for me so I wolfed down 1/2 my sandwich and put the rest away for tonight and went to open them, please excuse the photo's they are not up to my usual ability but I just had to share these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I can say is rekamepip is insanely talented! :bow: I'm speechless, and can't come close to saying thank you enough. The 5 Brothers Tobacco is older than dirt, it has $.15 stamped on it.

6. Springer

Springer Member

Glad you like it! I was wanting more smokiness and a bit more perique bang so I modded it a bit. I added .75 ounce McClelland blending Latakia, .5 oz. more ribbon cut perique and .75 oz more Izmir/Yenidge leaf to it. Smoking the original mixture now and love it. Letting the new flavors meld and see if it paid off. Initial impressions are good. Just want to be sure it isn't a bit too much.

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Damn, Springer. That sounds tasty.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 8 others like this.
  8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Back to the grind (or grind to the back). Hired a day laborer to help with the heavy lifting and now it's all done.
    Time to do laundry and to eat Chile Verde Sopes from the Carniceria next to the laundromat.

McClelland #24 (1979) in a BST Bent-Rhodesian.

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Not at all Springer...don't mess with it too much. It's pretty damn good now! Gave a sample to an office mate to try, and I'll be loading it in the Sav 316 for a larger dose.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Amazing story - I don't wanna spoil, but you all have to watch this documentary... and yeah - awesome to smoke a pipe with! :)

11. WalkinStick

I love sopes with chorizo and refried beans. Think I'll have Mexican for dinner. Thanks for the idea, Spill. :th1:

Morse, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 14 others like this.
  12. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Cheers :) I'll get right on it.

13. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

That is a remarkable and very special ceremonial pipe. Stunning work Rekamepip.
    Cheers to both of you!

You have my envy and admiration.

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

15. WalkinStick

Thanks for that link, brother. Badass.

To make up for my lack of smoking this past few days, now I'm smoking Kendal Kentucky in my RockCob :punk:

16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

That will put you right.

17. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Every one of Custer's men in the civil war photograph is smoking a briar churchwarden of some kind.

18. WalkinStick

I saw that. One of the child laborers was kicking out some pretty serious pipe smoke too. Some pretty wild pictures in there.

19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Indubitably.

20. WalkinStick

Trying to make up for lost smoking. Thanks to fishnbanjo, I'm smoking some 2005 escudo in my Kaywoodie POY. Damn, this stuff is good. Now I understand the desire to build time machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.