What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I like how they advertise it as a specially "beechwood aged," lol, when that's exactly what regular Budweiser already is! But I've gotten a few 12 packs of it. My dad likes it enough too. Otherwise I'm not a big Bud fan.

I think I'm deciding on AoTM but with LNF instead of Anni Kake. I really cannot decide. I've been sitting here staring at it for 20 minutes not able to decide on this. Pathetic.

Morse, Lucky Duck, psquared and 11 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Taking a break long enough to post that I'm smoking the last of this sample of Astley's 55 in an early Radice Rind three quarter bend sandblast egg with a bamboo-style carving on the shank. Thanks to Ruffinogold for the sample. Drinking ice water. The Braves-Mets are in a long rain delay, 5-5 in the 8th. Since Vin's three radio innings are over, I switched away from the Dodgers game (they're getting beaten anyway) and am now listening to The Phil Harris-Alice Faye Show on the XM. Jack Benny is next, followed by Burns and Allen.

Morse, Lucky Duck, psquared and 16 others like this.
  3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

2/3 bowl of Plumcake with 1/3 LNF on top. DoTN=Demon of The Night.

Morse, Lucky Duck, psquared and 14 others like this.
  4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Black crown is beechwood finished, while Bud is beechwood aged....Is there a difference? I don't know.

Morse, Lucky Duck, psquared and 14 others like this.
  5. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

So, after having several adult beverages, I arrived home to find a box at my door. I got a lb of GE, a tin of HV(that I have never tried), a pouch of velvet(just because of this damn forum), and a bag of PA soft vanilla. I was dying to try the velvet, but in the box was a pouch of PA cherry vanilla with a sticker that said "Have a smoke on us".... So, I tried it in a Grabow bent bulldog....thinking that I would not like it much..... Despite the reviews, I found it to be a really nice smoke. Sipped slowly, it maintained the flavor all the way to the bottom of the bowl. Hmmmmmmmm. Free tobacco smokes really well!

6. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Up way past my bedtime, watching Ice age 3 smoking walnut in an old Kaywoodie relief grain 12 b bulldog drinking iced tea with lots of lemon. Surfin with the iPad

I'll probably screw up my sleep schedule for a week...such is life on the wild side.

7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

PS LTF in the MM CG. Trying to get caught up on this thread again. 21 pages to go! Happy Friday night smoking, for those of you still vertical!

Morse, psquared, Old Codger and 15 others like this.
  8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

+1!

Morse, MDaws79, highstump and 8 others like this.
  9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

A wet bird is never a good bird, so I am drying some condor feathers out(Thanks to Ruffinogold), to smoke soon.
    Previous smokes were 2 bowl of Reverie, and two bowls of podge, in the Bent Viking with bowls 2,3, then the Dr G Duke Buldog, ate re-fried bean burro's for dinner, now burping, and waiting on the damp bird feathers.

Morse, MDaws79, highstump and 16 others like this.
  10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I love this pipe. Just saying...

Morse, MDaws79, psquared and 8 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Dunhill Durbar in a Medico Apple.

Morse, Lucky Duck, psquared and 16 others like this.
  12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. McCranie's Red Flake in a Kaywoodie POY. Again, impressed by the smoking qualities of this pipe, as well as the fairly neutral starting taste, despite the pre-carbed chamber. This is the best tasting pre-carbed chamber I've ever smoked; I don't know how he does it.

Had a cold front come through here, bringing with it a brief period of pleasant weather. Right now 60˚F (16˚C), 70%RH, winds calm. Very nice.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 18 others like this.
  13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Nice haul of tobacco.
    Be sure to post your thoughts on Velvet when you get around to trying it. If you find it too wet be sure to read my review for a solution ;)

Slowly sipping some hellfire Granger and a little coffee while catching up on some Baseball. :puffy:

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 16 others like this.
  14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Tonight I'm smoking Pirate Kake, courtesy of YAPPG. Started off in the Squatch volcano and now moved into the Crowleys Ridge red rock pipe. I'm enjoying the lack of Virginia in this blend.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 19 others like this.
  15. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Second try . . . Savinelli Black Cavendish in a US Falcon #1 with a large carved Apple bowl.

I first tried to light this mix in the same bowl on a US Falcon #6 Full bent, but the bowl would not draw. I can tell there is an air leak at the bowl base junction or maybe the center tube is not sealed? I tried three other bowls on the #6 and they did not seal either. I think a liquid pressure test may be needed. Anyone else have a problem like this?

16. Thuber88

Maybe pm 1858Remington, he was around a little while ago and has a lot of metal and Falcon experience.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, psquared and 9 others like this.
  17. Thuber88

Had to stop my movie to dispose of the Catch O' The Day...[​IMG]

Still on Condors Wings in the Meer lined TB 170

18. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Insomnia pipe: some Wilshire that I forgot I had. Stravinsky. Ice water.

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 16 others like this.
  19. dBear

dBear Active Member

I loves to eat them mousies,
    Them mousies what I loves to eat.
    I loves to munch they little bones
    And crunch they little feet.
    --Kliban Cat

20. Smithy

Smithy Member

Got a call from a good friend I had not seen for months with an offer to come over for tacos and good company. My night at home turned into a night with some good friends. I just got home.

Essence of Vermont in the car briar on the way back. 4Noggins was nice enough to toss in a sample with my last order.

Now it is my first run with Double Black and Tan in the Rock Cob with water on the side. I like the mixture and it is burning nicely. I may try to add something to sweeten it up. It has a lot of hig and low notes but I would like something in the mid range to fatten it up.

I am 3 pages back. I hope everyone is having a nice evening :toast: :puffy:

Morse, Lucky Duck, MDaws79 and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.