1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithy

Smithy Member

Started the day with LBF in the Meer. Ran some errands and now I am cleaning up a bit getting ready for my lady friend to come over so we can spend the rest of the weekend relaxing. I will be smoking aromatics for the remainder of the weekend and wont mind one bit.

Taking a break to catch up. Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in a MM Country Gentleman.

Thanks to all who have served including both of my grandfathers, Laurel Smith and David Ellrich.
    [​IMG]

Longshanks, highstump, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  2. Smithy

Smithy Member

PM me you address. I think I can help out :toast:

YAPPG, Morse, Stravinsky and 11 others like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Sunshine, magnificent sunshine and a good dry breeze blowing off the rocks. About to go lunting with a DGE cob full of Princes Street. A few days like this and the ball diamond in town will be dried out and there'll be some good games to go and watch. Nobody complains about smoking in the stands there, some people actually sit downwind of me and like the smoke smells.
    14C(57F)H48%

YAPPG, User4408, Morse and 16 others like this.
  4. bosun

bosun Active Member

Walnut in a Kaywoodie Apple # 7020B

YAPPG, Morse, Smithy and 13 others like this.
  5. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just filled the Spillproof with SG. BBF. I love this stuff.:ohyh:

YAPPG, User4408, Morse and 16 others like this.
  6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Edgeworth Ready Rubbed (Match) in the 2013 POY.Nothing but the best for my (Kay)woodie! :thu:

Artistik, YAPPG, User4408 and 20 others like this.
  7. krusty

krusty Active Member

And inquiring minds would like to know, success or fail?

YAPPG, Morse, Smithy and 11 others like this.
  8. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Peterson Special Reserve 2013 in a Northern Briars Custom.

9. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Well brothers, ain't been thru this dang thread in a week or more, way behind.
    Just got done an awesome meatball sub, light sauce,provolone cheese, sweet peppers,,,, yummy yummy in Beefy tummy.

Smoked a good old French made Bulldog full of a Beefy mix of Stonehaven and 1776. Huge clouds of easy puffing smoke. Room note must be incredible I can still smell it on me in the house. Sipping on a bottle of Coke.

YAPPG, User4408, Morse and 17 others like this.
  10. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

McClellands #24 in a VA dedicated Dunhill Canadian ('77), Foster's green label.
    [​IMG]

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Ashton Gold Rush.

YAPPG, User4408, Morse and 12 others like this.
  12. furious

furious Junque collector

Jim--thanks for the review!! I have always been intrigued by guys like EGR, esp. when I found out he was a big-time pipe smoker. Another one from the old school in Hollywood was Bela Lugosi. He was a big Dunhill man. Don't think he had a namesake mixture though.

YAPPG, Morse, Smithy and 15 others like this.
  13. furious

furious Junque collector

oh yeah, post-prandial smoke DGT Exotique mixture in a pre-trans Barling EXEL billiard.

YAPPG, User4408, Morse and 14 others like this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Red Sox came from behind and beat the Indians 7-4. The O's beat the Jays 6-5, and the Pirates are ahead of the Brew Crew 4-0 in the 5th. I'm ahead, too, because I'm smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer now that the flake has dried some. Suzy and Molly are sleeping so they aren't trying to walk around over my studio, though Molly's sleeping on the window sill next to me.

YAPPG, Morse, psquared and 15 others like this.
  15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You're very welcome. Bela (who's one of my favorite actors) was a constant smoker, and I wonder what happened to his pipe collection when he passed? We know what Basil Rathbone smoked, and some day, I hope to try that blend. I need to ask Frank Ferrante (who does an uncanny impersonation of Groucho) to ask Groucho's daughter if she remembers what Dunhill blend Groucho smoked. If I find out, I'll post the answer.

Anybody know what tobacco Fred MacMurray smoked?

Edit: For those Groucho fans here, You really need to see Frank Ferrante on stage. Here's a link to his site. You'll darn near be convinced he is Groucho when you watch him. http://www.eveningwithgroucho.com/

YAPPG, Morse, Smithy and 12 others like this.
  16. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Smoking Carter Hall in a Washington Cob with some coffee after a very long and pleasant nap.

Beautiful day here. All the windows open and the cats aren't driving me crazy :)

Artistik, YAPPG, User4408 and 18 others like this.
  17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Shop pipe loaded with RekameMix

time to go make dust

:shead:

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

More Carter Hall and more coffee for me.
    I'm very tempted to try smoking some Granger or Velvet again but am gun-shy after the way they completely burned my throat the past couple days. Some type of weird reaction that I've never had a blend do to me before.
    Thank heavens for Carter Hall :puffy:

Artistik, YAPPG, Morse and 13 others like this.
  19. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Finished a day of yard work and gardening (almost - one more flat of alyssum to put in) and decided to kick back on patio with the dogs, a bowl of CH in my upgraded MM Diplomat, and a semi-large John Daly. What a gorgeous day in the mountains. Best to all,
    ~ ZeissMan

Artistik, YAPPG, Morse and 18 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Finally finally finally ... a pipe. It's already past midnight and I have to get up early - but I was looking forward to it all day, so I'm going to smoke a small bowl of McClellands matured Virginia #24 in a prerepublic Peterson Premier System. Good night all!
    :bing:

Artistik, YAPPG, User4408 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.