What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Hardcastle and a repeat on the Astley's #44. Good evening fellas.

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Ah, we've made fools of ourselves over the pizza, the other half is now put away for the morrow (the pizza not my wife) , Levi has been fed, had his ablutions and his treat and the lump has gone to bed, that metamorphosis of his befuddles me.

Anyhoo had a short smoke of AoTM and took my meds and will slip under the covers shortly to see what old Ben is up to these days, he's nearly 60 in the Biography I'm reading and was quite surprised that he was tall, I always thought he was shorter, well he appears that way on the $100 bill anyway. The Droid RAZR will keep yins all close in the off chance my ears burn, or is that ring, I always have the ringing, ah such is the mystery of the carbon based lifeforms that call the blue planet home............

3. krusty

krusty Active Member

Lawn done.
    Celebrate.

HV in my Pete "Donegal" 999, Guinness, good.

[​IMG]

4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

I did not see this...If I may, Rondel65, thank you for sharing this. And God bless Horace (and I am sure He did when he saw him showing up in Heaven!) who performed the ultimate sacrifice: give his life for his fellow citizens' liberties.

For the most part, people today have no idea what going to war means. Sure, the medias show us a lot of stuff, but it is not like being there, being part of it, fighting. In Horace's case, not many know what WW II meant and what the stakes were: Nazi Germany trying to conquer and rule the world, establishing a new world order where most of us would not even be alive today.

I am SO GLAD the United States of America decided to break its "vows" of non-interventionism and got involved in the conflict! Because if it was not so, we would not live in the world we live in today.

This is far from being a perfect world. And the US is not a perfect people. It has made historical errors and sometimes supported the wrong governments. But.....

When I see, or read people criticizing the US, or saying 'Yankees go home!", I say they should be ashamed! The US is the world's police and peace force; extensive resources, money and soldiers, airmen and sailors are deployed every day to try to maintain some order and peace in troubled countries where innocent people are slaughtered, evicted, expatriated, become homeless and lose everything. And people do not appreciate it nor recognize it.

A shame! So, being a Canadian and a commissioned officer in the Royal Canadian Navy, I can only say:

Thank you, United States of America, for all you have done, and are doing for us. And God bless America and Americans!

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice day on the space coast.
    Now enjoying some SG
    Kendal Plug in a Bantam.
    'Night from the east coast.

Oh, took a pic of me and
    Miss Snake, but don't
    have Internet yet to
    post the pic. .. Wednesday

YAPPG, Smithy, Morse and 9 others like this.
  6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Sleep well and easy Sir, we will watch out for you:)

YAPPG, Smithy, Morse and 4 others like this.
  7. Buckshot Two

Buckshot Two Member

Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Savinelli Estella lovat. :puffy:

cobbsmoker, YAPPG, Smithy and 10 others like this.
  8. Liquidblue4

Liquidblue4 Member

Been smoking a lot of Carter Hall in my Bennington Pickaxe trying to build a cake. A little bit of everything else I have, but mostly CH for the last week.

A picture of my tiny pipe station:

[​IMG]

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. Reiner LGF in a Northern Briars billiard. Bell's Oberon on the side.

Nice weather here. 76˚F (24˚C), 40%RH, north winds at 8 mph. Not too bad for late May.

10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Another bowl of BBF in the Spillproof washing it down with a nice pour of scotch.

cobbsmoker, YAPPG, Smithy and 12 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I had a wonderful dinner, and why shouldn't I? M'lady is a terrific cook. I'm going back to work smoking, thanks to FishnBanjo, AJ's VaPer in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. A bottle of Nesbitt's Orange soda for a drink. Braves and Mets are scoreless in the 4th, Phillies and Nats are tied 2-2 in the 5th, and the Dodgers are leading the Cards 2-1 in the 4th. Back to work,now!

YAPPG, User4408, Smithy and 12 others like this.
  12. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Where did the 2013 show up? I've been keeping a look out for it but haven't seen any yet. How is it?

GH Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Peterson 80s. First smoke of this tobacco and it's burning quite nicely. Darjeeling tea. Clouds rolled back in and it's raining again. 11C(52F)H78%

cobbsmoker, YAPPG, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  13. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Did I miss something or did you get a new slead? What did you get??

YAPPG, Morse, WalkinStick and 5 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Pizza for breakfast at banjo's house :banana:

YAPPG, Smithy, Morse and 8 others like this.
  15. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Right now im outside smoking some Nashville from Hu tobacco in my 312 system pipe.

Nashville, the captial of Tennessee, is the stronghold of American country music. But Nashville is also located in the middle of the USA‘s largest Burley-growing area. Often underrated as a pure carrier of aroma, Burley is seldom found as a main ingredient in natural tobacco blends. “Nashville County“ Ready Rubbed Flake brilliantly disproves such misconceptions. 60 percent strong-flavored and sweet Kentucky Burley grades determine the character of this traditional American blend. Malty Red Virginias form the “Nashville Country‘s“ beautiful finish. Its taste is defined by a smoky flavour with a touch of liquorice. This medium strong blend is perfect for relaxed smoking and a brilliant interpretation of the traditional spirit of the South. …progress is tradition perpetuated.

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

little work out for the leather covered Savinelli

and nightly ration of 1 beer on the side

:toast:
    104_3566.JPG

17. RS422

RS422 Member

95 degrees in the desert right now. Almost too hot to smoke.
    Virginia Spice in a pride cob on the back patio.
    Cold ice water to drink.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

where does one find this “Nashville County“ Ready Rubbed Flake

sounds good to me

:th1:

YAPPG, Morse, WalkinStick and 7 others like this.
  19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

It's by HU, I think you have to order that from their site.

YAPPG, Morse, WalkinStick and 5 others like this.
  20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Done with yardwork and have playtime scheduled for Sunday. Enjoying some McClelland's 221B series Blag Shag in a Peterson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.