1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I think it's just dried out corn leaves rolled around some dry corn silk. That might just smoke a little sweet, ya never know.

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Could be some old maple leaves and some elm just old lawn rakings, it cant be any good, he should just give it to you, ynow, to dispose of it

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yep, 500 Nitro Express will stop any bear in its tracks. :whis:

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

How nice but what does it taste like?[/quote]
    For me, the top of the bowl is some of the nicest, peatiest tasting burley you'd ever want. Then the perique flares up in the nose and on the tongue for a bit. Then the whole thing settles down and lets a darker citrus flavor of virginia taste come up. Then there's a nice balance of the three for the rest of the bowl. I think I like it a bit better just sliced and folded than shredded up.

5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

For me, the top of the bowl is some of the nicest, peatiest tasting burley you'd ever want. Then the perique flares up in the nose and on the tongue for a bit. Then the whole thing settles down and lets a darker citrus flavor of virginia taste come up. Then there's a nice balance of the three for the rest of the bowl. I think I like it a bit better just sliced and folded than shredded up.[/quote]
    See there, you can write a review! Now that wasn't hard, was it? Well done my friend! :gjob:

6. Thuber88

So will M79 I've heard

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

But the delivery system of the 500 Nitro Express is simpler, you'd never get him to pack a bowl with M79 let alone fire it up and smoke it, unless you mean the Military M79 which I was qualified on at 200 yards.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

First off, gentlemen, my auntie sends her respects and said she "returns the admiration." (I don't know what she meant by that.)
    If I had a lot more of this, I would have to try smoking it like a cigar! I believe you probably could. Maybe Simmo's tried it.
    I would tell you all how crappy this tobacco is, just corn silk, magnolia leaves and kitty litter, except that I know it can't be had outside of Motzek's shop in Kiel, Germany - so instead I get to go: :moon:

And thanks, YAPPG, I guess that was sort of a review. But this tobacco made it easy - great flavors and really distinct.

And again, my great thanks to PipeSimmo for having access to this tabac and sharing it. :thu:

9. Thuber88

Go with the 203, because if you arc it in, animals never look up.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Dang. mine never went that far unless I fired it out of the side of a huey! lol

11. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

They ship worldwide, just not to America.

12. Thuber88

How well did it work from a Dooey or Louie?

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

We dropped giant grapefruit into rice paddies from those. :rolleyes:

14. Thuber88

Gonne fill up some Directors Cut(thx to FishnBanjo) in the amazing smoking machine, aka the Tinderbox Meer Lined, Rhodecahedronoscope(thx to Ruffinogold)

15. Thuber88

Bet they teared up when you came over doing that

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

When I went south after NSA Danang SID broke up and turned over to 24th Army Corp. we had qualification day and the qualifier thought I was an NFG like the others he had with him. Picked up the M79 and brought it to his shoulder and shot at a 55 gallon drum and missed it by 10 yards then asked everyone to take a round out of the crate and try it out. It got to be my turn and I pulled the sights up and set the butt on my right hip and he asked me what I was doing, I then pulled the trigger and hit the 55 gallon drum, told me that I couldn't do it again if I tried so I picked up 2 more rounds and hit the other 2. I told him that was how they taught us to use the M79 in Danang :cool:

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Fixed it............

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Ya gotta love it!

19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Watching Across The Universe at 2am. Thinking of smoking some of this Sutliff Private Selection French Quarter in my rock cob.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Was trying to get to Cambodia on sealed orders and you did everything you could to hitch a ride, 6x6, chopper whatever. Had 5 days to get from Tan An to Vinh Gia [​IMG]where there was an ATSB part of Operations Parrots Beak. Got lucky when a Navy LT told me he was going to get close as he was making a run to an APL that supplied the ATSB I was going to and they would get me there. I got on the chopper and there were 13 others onboard, the pilot tried to get the huey off the tarmack but all it did was list forward a bit and groan, after 3 attempts he asked how many were back there and one of the guys yelled out 14 sir. 14! 9 is about all I can handle I'm 4000 hours past maintenance, lucky me I was in the middle! :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.