What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Let me know what you think of it I got 5 tins in today's mail French Quarter, Our Blend Smoking Mixture, Man's Best Friend, Sunrise Smoke and Bacchanalia.

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Lucky you, and Lucky us, we are happy that you are here and not there still:th1:

3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

French Quarter is a lot more tolerable in the rock cob.

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Oh, It's pretty rough. It is a very strong aromatic, heavily cased OTC type of weird at first. It really needs to sit for weeks opened in the tin. Since I decided to try it in the rock cob, I'm leaving this tin open for 30 minutes or so before putting it away again. I got it a few weeks ago as a free sample from Sutliff.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Still remember with alacrity the day we completed 6 weeks of Counterinsurgency Training in Little Creek VA with the Seals, UDT and Marine Recon. They had us in the debriefing room all 88 final candidates, a few washed out, told us to look at the man in front, back, left and right of us and that the averages said 9 of us would not come back, over 60% got shipped back after 6 months, we lost 13 and I did a full tour and still had 2 1/2 years left on my enlistment when I got home.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I tend to dry most stuff a bit anyway, thanks.

7. Thuber88

Does that apply to wit and humor as well:p:

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Please tell me what you think of it. It's definitely different. It smells great. But really artificial. You cannot put your finger on what the smell is. Almost like a sweet liquor casing at first, followed by some kind of spice. The flavor of the first bowl out of the tin, even dried a bit tasted like the smell. But the presentation of the tobacco appears like broken Virginia flake chunks, black cavendish, and various Virginia & Burley shredded.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG]

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Be awhile before I open a new tin got 30 going at the moment not counting bulk bags!

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think my day finally caught up to me .. steppin out on the porch for a little grabow of Velvet and off to la la land

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

You're going to drive all the way to California at this time of night???? :eek:

13. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Good! You should open it now then, and forget about it for a few months. Stuff is really moist and cased.

14. fordy

fordy Member

Good morning all, from a sunny & warm West Yorkshire (makes a change eh Wicker Man?).
    Coffee - with FVF in a Falcon / Dover bowl.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I see some of you guys just might be on the group W bench again. :xd:

Finished work finally, and thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a 2003 black grain relief medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant freehand sitter with a smooth rim. Ice water to drink, box scores to read. I am bummed out some that XM removed the World News Radio Channel from their line up. It was a very good channel. Every half hour, you got the news from different countries around the world. I found it fascinating to hear what other countries considered important. but nope, channel 120 isn't even on the dial anymore. Gezzzzz..... :(

16. Thuber88

Hey I cant control these Yahoo's without some help y'now:rolleyes:

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You're the biggest yahoo of the group! :xd:

18. Thuber88

Not without some fine Tutelage from a few others...

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dang, folks! I've gotta tell you that PipeSimmo is smoking some REALLY good tobacco over there. The Strang was wonderful, but now I'm smoking some of the HU Tobacco Dockworker he sent. Also a burley and virginia blend with really excellent flavors. The first time I've ever really got the "nutty" of burley - there were a couple of puffs that tasted almost exactly like walnut. Maybe we should all just move to Germany?

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

PipeSimmo didn't send me any Tutelage, but I've heard it's a great blend also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.