What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Hopng to finally stay in chair for the rest of the night, fought with tv set during the day, then catch up on emails and letters.
    Petey Green broke out some MacB Virginia #1 for a try, will see how this goes.

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hi MM,
    I like it a lot but it has a strong vanilla presence from Deer Tongue, so if that's not your cup of tea, you might not like it. It's not a goopy aromatic at all though. But it is clearly an aromatic. It's an occasional smoke for me. Not something I can smoke every day.

3. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I needed a Va fix so it's FVF in a Dunhill Tanshell Group 5 Bulldog with ice tea on the side.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I just finished smoking FVF. Now, I'm smoking Old Companion in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I was smoking the Bob's Square Cut you traded me in this, and was curious to see how much it ghosted this cob. So far, I can't taste that much of the Square Cut.

5. Thuber88

I forgot, its all Eddy G's fault maybe, for the second day in a row, I have rescued a live frog from my house, I think it might be the beginning of the plagues..:eek:
    Tonight's was hanging from the hallway wall by one foot, as one of my four footed land mines stared longingly at it, and with great anticipation.
    Alas, being of somewhat sound mind and a reasonably kind heart, I rescued him from the feline clutches of doom.
    If the next batch is flies, they are on their own..
    Still MacB with Petey Green, Mac will be performing here for a few days, thanks to MikeinMaine.

6. Thuber88

Cute little tree froggies though, and very lively, tonights Kermit took me a while to catch.
    The same can not be said for the string of dead bunnies I am disposing of each day.
    Most remain Ichabod Bunny, apparently the head is the best eatin on them :eek:

7. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking a big bowl of Ennerdale in a Great Dane Egg.

8. JimInks

Angler's Dream in a 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob. Great pipe! Goes well with everything. Ice water to drink while I'm reading box scores.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Butter that than dead meat!

Did I say I was smokin'? Trout Stream in a DGE briar nosewarmer?

Smithy, MDaws79, Lucky Duck and 11 others like this.
  10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

The Ennerdale was so smooth and relaxing it about put me to sleep. Had to let it go out a little past half way.

11. JimInks

Appropriately, I am smoking Shortcut to Mushrooms in a straight 1979 MM Legend. It's all Flatbush Paul's fault!

12. Thuber88

Started a new bowl of Virginia #1 with Petey recently

13. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

:toast: Good god, work hard, come home, light a pipe, and I am 10 pages behind in this damn thread. 28 pages in four days.........damn. It is like an online chat room! I just want to know wtf you are smoking....lol derailed thread from hell. Now that I derailed it....Five Brothers in a bent falcon with a rusticated billiard bowl, and washing it down with a Bud Light.

Smithy, Snake, MDaws79 and 17 others like this.
  14. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Lets see...E=IR ......... P=IE...............the P is in Watts........ Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

15. JimInks

You saved us, Smokey. We were Klinger on for dear life at this point.

My final smoke of the day/night/morning is Virginia Spice in a 2013 straight 5th Avenue DGE Nose warmer cob. Thanks to Spillproof for the pipe. It took a little getting used to, but I'm starting to like it. A good smoker!

16. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

I would have to say that it is zero. Considering that there was no resistance whatsoever to me drinking it, then E (volts) because I (amps) x r(ohms/resistance) would equal zero and therefore I x 0 would make P=0

17. Thuber88

The nosewarmer is so short its going to get lost in the racks of the warehouse, I hope the nubiles tag it well with those homing chips you use

18. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Five Brothers burns like a forest fire......Going for some Sugar Barrel in a cob

19. JimInks

Actually, I had little choice this morning. Suzy's sleeping by my side, and I didn't wish to disturb her, so I've been smoking cobs the last couple of hours or so. I had them next to my chair, and luckily, the tobacco I smoke in them was on the table, too. No problem though, because I like smoking corncob pipes.

Smithy, MDaws79, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

I frequently have the same issue, as long as supplies are within reach, its best not to move once they have settled in

Smithy, MDaws79, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.