1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Didn't check my mail yesterday because we were on the Harley. What a mistake. Pipesimmo is the MAN. More to come soon...

bdpbdp

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Morse and 10 others like this.
  2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

The 7th day in a row the rain just goes on and on. What a spring. Best thing you can do during such weather - probably the best thing everyone should do at any time, is to stay inside enjoying bowl after bowl...:)
    Bowl No.2: HU Tobacco's Dockworker Flake in a Peterson Aran B7.

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I had plans today too. Plans that just got cancelled. I'm still tempted to light this thing up and just smoke it. :byg:

Thanks, Pipesimmo! You rock! :punk:
    [​IMG]

4. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Second cup of strong coffee, catching up on PSF, smoking Uhle's Perfection Plug and McClelland 5100 in a DGE Spool.

5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Second bowl of borkum riff bourbon whiskey in a cob this morning. I know some folks get bit by this one which is too bad because its pretty tasty.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were fed by m'lady, so while they're on the window sill snoozing, I'm smoking a bowl of Dunbar in a three quarter bend 1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter. Watching Back to Bataan on TCM. Simply Orange is my drink. Lunch will be ready soon, baseball games will start soon, and I'll be working and listening.

7. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

The rocks are out sunning themselves. Was out lunting with a Peterson 80s and some LEO. It's dead calm and every critter that's needed to get out and dry off is doing exactly that. Back in to refill the mug with more coffee and switch to the BST Canadian and some Princes Street. 10C(50F)H56%

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

OMG , man ........ I snuffed myself into a nicotine outer limits twilight zone last night :eek: I missed Mass ! I can hear my confession now when , after 30 minutes of other stuff :rolleyes: , I say that I've missed Mass because I was snorting powdered tobacco up my nose like Tony Montana and then tried doing shots to pass out ...It will be interesting .... but ya know what , he's heard a lot weirder than that and you can never surprise these guys , which is cool ! No snuff for me today . This self administered Penance doesn't apply to pipe smoking , thankfully , so MB GE in a Tinderbox Meer Lined Pot .... Sumatra Mandheling coffee and an act of contrition , which should hold well until I'm actually forgiven

9. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

B-b-but you're supposed to stack a third of Anni Kake ON TOP of Plumcake! :doh:

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I was up early

got tired of waiting for breakfast and went back to bed

starting all over

With Dr, Pepper and what ever this is left over in my pipe (guess i could read back a few pages to find out)

:chug::puffy::puffy::puffy:

11. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Frog Morton Town in a Johs churchwarden.

12. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I just finished a bowl of Kent Heritage in a cob. It was freaking fantastic! The Latakia was perfectly applied as a condiment. It came across as a VaPer with Latakia as an afterthought. Man, I've got to get some of this on hand.

13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

3 hours and 15 minutes in and the ribs are smoking away, you can smell the rub now and the sweet potatoes are beginning to get to the right point that they will be perfect when I go to mop the ribs and put the sweet corn on, coleslaw on the side and a feast of Mmm Mmm Mmm. In the mean time we finished the walkabout and found $20 for our street mail du jour, nice! The Directors Cut was very nice in the Chubby Morta AEROBilliard and when we got back I had a lovely bowl of AoTM in the MM Diplomat as I prepped the sweet potatoes for the Kamado Joe and mucho Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee from beans ground yesterday.
    Not bad for a near sleepless night...........

14. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good afternoon everyone, I'm back from JR Cigars, had an Alex Bradley Tempus while stocking up on pipe supplies and Borkum Riff tobaccos, also bought a couple more small bowled Dr. Grabow pipes for the Borkum Riff blends... theses blends seem to smoke smoother and much cooler and drier in smaller bowled pipes like McClelland Virginias do, anyway, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Borkum Riff Black Cavendish is a Dr. Grabow Royal Duke... :)

15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Doooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiit

16. highstump

highstump Active Member

I got 3/4 of the way through the bowl before I ran out of matches so I'm calling it a draw.

I did experience a pipe related but nothing near epic fail this morning. I popped the top in a tin of Haddo's (6 years old) and didn't hear that welcoming little hiss. I was greeted by dry as a bone tobacco. First time I had a pop top tin fail on me. I now have it in a mason jar rehydrating. I did load a Kaywoodie with the cornflakes and exhaled through the bowl. (If you have never tried this it works remarkably well.) Looking at the rim of the tin, the lip where the lid seals has a couple of small wrinkles in it so who knows if it ever sealed in the first place.

Sooo...I am smoking well aged and semi dry Haddo's Delight in a Kaywoodie Sterling. Coffee on the side.

17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Hmmm.. I may have to trade
    you for a couple slices. :th1:

Enjoying some GE whilst
    we sit at a local watermark
    Watching Miss Snake's
    grandson enjoy it to its
    fullest.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

19. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Borkum Riff Black Cavendish: Selected premium quality, richly aromatic dark Kentucky and cool-smoking Burley tobaccos are specially blended then heavily cased in wooden casks and fermented to give an elegant mellow smoke and a rich but smooth taste, enhanced with hint of delicious aromatic truffle, sweet nougat and woodland nuts.

I agree rekamepip, good stuff! ;)

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking the current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03. A short smoke, but pleasurable. A bottle of Mountain Dew made with cane sugar for a drink. I'm going to listen to the Red Sox - Indians game until it's time for Vin Scully and the Dodgers. The Sox have good radio announcers who really know their baseball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.