1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highstump

highstump Active Member

I figured that's what you really meant. Did I over step my authority? :cfsd:

BTW, thanks again for the Dark Birdseye. :drly:

2. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Music City Cordial Mint in a cob. That has a nice ring to it. I'll say it again; Music City Cordial Mint in a cob. Nice flavor and a cool smoke. Second time smoking it.

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Sneaking in a bowl of Classic Burley Kake on a DGE Chunky Elegancy while taking a short work break. I just realized I'm going to have to eat dinner sometime tonight too.

4. Morse

Morse Active Member

If I were dressed in that humiliating outfit I wouldn't cooperate either - nubiles or no nubiles

5. highstump

highstump Active Member

You do understand that means you get :poop: for fathers day.

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Mmmm.Pirate Kake in my MGM Rock. Sunday night smokin'.:th1:

7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I was afraid, but I was to told to come say hello, so I tried it. They left.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

You were almost right. The Braves lost 4-2 to the Mets. Glad you like the Dark Bird's Eye. It's really good tobacco.

As for Escudo versus Navy Rolls: the difference between the two is not much. It used to be, but not now. They look exactly the same. Today's Navy Rolls have a little more lighter Virginia in the rolls than they used to. Today's NR is a little less sweeter, slightly more muddy in taste, and a little less full. And just a little less perique now. Those the distinguishing factors between new NR and the Murray's version. Today's Escudo is a little different than it was 12 years ago, and is closer to NR than before. I notice the same slightly drier, less sweet taste in both versions, but the new Escudo is a little more muddy, more like the NR. The old Escudo had more of a grassy, hay-like taste than the old NR. The new Escudo has less of that flavor; only a touch of it is there now. So, they are not exactly the same tobacco because the NR doesn't have that very light grass and hay note that today's Escudo does, which gives it slightly less of a full taste. I'd say the difference is very small, not quite the same, but you'd hate to hang on the difference. There's something minor in the NR that isn't in Escudo that I can't put my finger on. Upshot: Escudo and Dunhill Navy Rolls are about 95% the same.

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That was deliberate. Mixing is good because you're not tasting AK at the beginning and Plumcake at the end. One indicator of the success of this combo is the fact that it totally erases the identities of the two components and creates a whole new flavor and aroma. As distinctive as Plumcake is, I'm not sure I'd pick it out in a blind review of this combo.

However, doing a parfait is easier. So it's only a matter of time before I get around to it!

LBF in a Le Nuvole ...

10. JimInks

You wouldn't say that if you saw the nubiles!! :ngty:

11. CaKy

CaKy Member

Boswell's Best in a pleasant little Stanwell 162 calabash style on a bodacious Bluegrass night.

12. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Walnut in the meer lined TB (both thanks to Ruffinogold), starting to watch Heroes.

13. JimInks

Now that my comparison is done, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Ice tea for a drink. Btw, tonight's The Presidents series on C-Span 3 is about Grover Cleveland, and they showed a couple of his pipes. One was a very dark brown horn, and the other a big ball with an amber colored stem. He had good taste. Wish I knew what he smoked.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Pirate Kake in an old bent billiard.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the Baki as the storm starts up

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, CaKy and 12 others like this.
  16. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Family

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, CaKy and 10 others like this.
  17. Morse

Morse Active Member

Touché Sir

18. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Smoked another bowl of PA Cherry Vanilla tonight. I think it is going to ghost this pipe a bit. :beyes:

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, CaKy and 12 others like this.
  19. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Today was a pipe filled, thunderstorm, family I have never met before kind of day. A lot of fun. My favorite smoke of the day had to be the Prairie Wind in the POY. Great pipe great tobacco, great day!

20. Atom

Atom Member

Smoking LNF in a 49 degree New England night. Forecast calls for a Monday in the high 60s and sunny. Nice smoking weather. Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a great week ahead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.