What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Off to enjoy a little Plum Cake topped with AJ's Vapers in the Riccardo Santia Cob with a lovely cuppa Cuban coffee, thanks to Marker....

Morse, psquared, Tsal and 14 others like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

Morse, psquared, Lucky Duck and 8 others like this.
  3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a little bowl of tobacco in walnut pipe

I would like to give a shout out and a Big THANK YOU !!!
    to my Dad who served and retired from the United States Air Force after 22 years
    and the guys of 809th Air Police Squadron
    (The 809th at MacDill Air Force Base during the Korean War and F. E. Warren Air Force Base in later years)

air.jpg

+ everyone else who has served and is serving this great country

[​IMG]

Morse, psquared, SidStavros and 19 others like this.
  4. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Brother and his family are still here and we have enjoyed a nice weekend with them. Pipe smoking has been somewhat limited but will catch up this afternoon after they leave. I did manage a bowl of Plumcake, CH, and Blackwoods flake during the day yesterday. Will smoke some Mc. C's VAs this afternoon.

Morse, psquared, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good Memorial Day to you all. Heading out with the sprayer to kill weeds. Stonehaven (last flake, thanks Spill) riding shotgun in the DGE Lacewood CG.

Morse, dwaugh, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Mac Baren Golden Ambrosia.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Tsal and 20 others like this.
  7. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Onto my second bowl of beautifully aged FVF thanks Dave, deep and rich very complex, and the wonderful thing about it is right at the end of a puff there is a nice subtle taste of Christmas Pudding, the sugars caramelizing to give a beautiful molasses taste, oh and I'm drinking coffee, have a great day fellas happy smoking.

Morse, dwaugh, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Afternoon coffee and a bowl of HU Tobacco's "Makhuwa" that I'm smoking for the first time. Nice burley with Red Vas and Perique, and I notice some dark chocolate notes in this blend. Real nice. Coffee on the side. Peterson Killarney 445 is the pipe.
    :bing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Makhuwa – a good and medium-strong Burley blend. Strong and chocolaty Malawi Burley forms the basis for this blend, mixed with a little Red Virginia, Louisiana Perique and a Virginia/White Burley cube cut. Wonderfully spicy, sweet and slightly nutty nuances in taste are characteristics of the Makhuwa. The Makhuwa – a robust, nutty and spicy mixture for fans of individuated blends.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Coffee and pipes are going down like buttah today, Jamaican Blue Mountain in the Pusser's Rum Mug and Night Cap in the Dunhill Cutty....

[​IMG]

10. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

In remembrance of my fallen brethren, those you served and those still serving, you are not forgotten... "Semper Fi"

Sergeant, USMC 1969-1974

Artistik, Morse, Smokey and 24 others like this.
  11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a Peterson 80s while out for a very short walk. Cougar took a run at a young man just north of here, so lunting any distance not in the cards first thing in the morning. High test coffee through the press kickstarting me after being up far too late listening to new music acquisitions. Too beautiful to be inside so BST CLB loaded with LEO and a H&H .375 headed back out on to the deck to watch the rocks get lit up. +6C(43F)H60%

Morse, dwaugh, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

After smoking a lot of aros Sunday and watching baseball, ended the night with good ole' Walnut. Tub is still a third full and I bought it in October!

Morse, Smokey, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  13. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Squadron Leader in a Peterson Donegal Rocky billiard. Have a good Memorial Day and thanks to all who serve or have served!

14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Starting the day simply with a fresh tin of Irish Oak and a pot of Kusmi Russian Morning Tea. Good start to the day!

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 14 others like this.
  15. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

GH&Co. Rich Dark Honeydew in a Ben Wade

Happy Memorial Day PSF. God Bless the valiant men and women who serve and those who gave all.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I'm starting the day off with a pot of coffee and something sweet, Borkum Riff Cherry Liquor in a Grabow Duke, have a great week everyone!:)

Artistik, Morse, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  17. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Holiday Excursion in a Starfire/coffee.Happy Memorial day to all and thank you all Veterans.

Morse, dwaugh, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all, Happy Memorial Day and thanks to all that have served and are serving now. Started off today with some very nice GH LPF in a fat old apple. Pg tips in the IV. Gotta get some more LPF this order but I'm torn between LPF and Bob's Flake. Too many choices and so little time.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  19. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Beautiful day here in Texas. Cobbin' with some CH and a good cup of Cracker Barrel brand coffee. Taking time to reflect on the brave men and women of the U.S. armed forces who answered the call of their country and paid the ultimate sacrifice. God bless these brave soldier's, sailor's and airmen. God bless our veterans.
    Petty Officer 2nd Class
    USN 1987-1992

Artistik, Morse, Smokey and 16 others like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Great to see you back!

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.