1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Condor Long Cut in the Dunhill Prince after dinner which I am heading down to make now........

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FlatbushPaul, I'm smoking Kendal's #7 in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. Working and listening to some news before the Angels-Dodgers game.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

after dinner smoke 103_1633.JPG

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Stokkebye Nautral Dutch Cavendish in my Sav Dublin.

5. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Wow. I take a day off, and you guys get so far ahead of me. I'll try to get caught up tonight. Right now, trying to manage cleaning the apartment while smoking BR. In the new Grabow, natch.

Listening to my namesake, and drinking my 76th ice tea of the day.

6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finished up a few half bowls so far today(4),now starting some Director's Cut, thanks to FishnBanjo, in a " Copenhagen Style " Tinderbox basket pipe, bent something or other, and ice tea, raining off and on 58 outside

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Yes indeed!
    Smoking some now in a MM Washington and drinking some coffee.

8. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Kinda a rainy day here. Going to a gathering of friends later tonight, despite feeling like I just want to sit around all day here and smoke lots of tobacco.
    I'm a hermit at heart.

Carter Hall in a cob up next.

SidStavros, Artistik, Stormy and 17 others like this.
  9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Oh you ended up getting a new Grabow? How is it smoking?

More CH in a cob with a little more coffee

10. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Beautiful day today, heading to the porch shortly with a huge cup of PG Tips care of Bergville Mansion, and my Peterson X220 overflowing with GLP Odyssey have a good evening Ladies and Gents, happy smoking.

11. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Yep. Got one for 66% off at a Walgreen's around here. So I decided to snap it up. It's smoking well, now that I've put some BR through it, thanks.

It's heavier than the last Grand Duke that I had. That's taking some getting used to.

Have fun at the get-together tonight. I'll take care of the hermit thing for us both. The martyr thing too, if you like. ;)

cobbsmoker, jhguthlac, Morse and 16 others like this.
  12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

haha thanks Stravinsky! :)

I should probably add some Grabows to my cob collection for a little variety.

jhguthlac, Morse, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  13. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Great evening in the Rockies. Getting ready to fire the grill for a thick pork chop and decided to spend some time catching up on the "reading stack" as my wife calls it. Enjoying a bowl of PA in WW Washington with new Forever amber stem. Backing that up with a little pinot noir. Hope everyone had a relaxing and wonderful weekend.
    ~ ZeissMan

14. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

That's a beautiful pipe Basil, and I bet it smokes like it was touched by God Himself. Keep them coming, they're just gorgeous.:D

15. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

I'm about 10 pages behind in this thread, but here goes. I just had a wonderful smoke in my new to me Jobey Churchwarden with my Golden Virginia(Lane MV1000) also called the JENA blend. It's my favorite go to blend. Smooth, rich Virginia Cavendish, wonderful roomnote and a pleasure to smoke.:D
    [​IMG]

16. Thuber88

It is a nice aro, and thank you to both of you. I see you renamed it:D

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Getting in one more smoke before dinner. Thanks to a certain nameless enabler who likes fishing, dogs, and banjos, I'm smoking HU Louisiana Broken in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. It took a little time to figure out what pipe would be the best to smoke this blend in, but Mr. Wooly ably noted that the Danish Sovereign was sitting in a pipe rack awaitin' it's turn. As Mr. Wooly learned from past mistakes in his former career, it behooves those of us who know him to profit from his sage advice.

A bottle of Mountain Dew made with cane sugar is my drink, thanks to the St. Bernard. Colby Rasmus hit a long homer to give the Blue Jays a 2-0 lead over the Braves in the 2nd inning. Boston is leading the Phillies 3-0 in the 2nd, and the Yanks and Mets are scoreless in the 2nd. O's beat the Nats, and Houston beat the Rockies 3-2 in 12. Vin and the Dodgers are on the XM in 30 minutes. I'll listen, but have the TV on the Braves game, with the sound turned off, so I can check out what happens every so often. An evening of work comprises the rest of my plans.

FlatbushPaul, Stormy, jpberg and 15 others like this.
  18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Time to head out to town. :rolleyes:
    I'm bringing 2 cobs and a pouch of Carter Hall.

Have a pleasant evening everyone :puffy:

19. Thuber88

When you go out into the warehouse, Head into the catacombs and go to the safe, go past the rows of shelves, and on the back wall, in the top left corner, grab the handheld random pipe generator, and give it to Mr Wooly, or the nubiles, problems on selection in the future can be alleviated from now on.

20. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

There's something wrong with my iPad. It has you writing that Houston won. Can they fix that in the store?

jpberg, surlysoul, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.