1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

:bdance: :banana:

2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having a good mid morning whiff of King Charles Mixture in the usual Peterson Kilarney while deciding what to do with the rest of my day.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 15 others like this.
  4. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good morning,

Laurel Heights in a Benton Big Ben with some good stronger Folgers coffee, looks like its going to be a great day, be safe!

5. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Carter Hall in the Falcon with lots of black coffee.
    Gonna be a rough week. I'm starting a second job this week to make use of all those wasted hours, I usually spend with my kids or sleeping.
    Starting a run of 7-15's for as long as my tired old body can take it. :(

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well now into large china mug #3 of Khave, strong and black and thank you Irving Cobb for a nice smoke of AoTm, oh cr@p now my heads beeping, better change the batteries............ :mad:

7. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

SWR in a green poker colorduke/coffee.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 16 others like this.
  8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Fishnbanjo, that's pure codger poetry. I salute you Sir.

Peterson Irish Flake, cradled in a nest of aged MB Va. No. 1, in a Sav 316 ...

9. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Starting the day with RLP-6 in a Mountbatten slightly bent small bulldog, coffee on the side. Going to change my avatar sometime today. Miss Daisys says Professor X is just too damn creepy.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 14 others like this.
  10. User4408

User4408 Active Member

My favorite after-market blend: Irish Flake folded into MB Va. No. 1, in a Savinelli 316 EX ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The photos attempt to show the color contrast between fresh and aged Va. No. 1. The contrast isn't extreme, but the aged version is a tad darker as expected. There isn't a great deal of difference in the flavor either, but the aged has more of a buttered-toast character.

There's no doubt that the Irish Flake takes the edge off the Virginia. This might be useful to some of you who find too much bite in the Va. No. 1. Also, if you like the flavor profile of MB roll cakes but find them too mild, this combo is a definite improvement. IF is a splendid provider when it comes to Vitamin N.

This is only the fifth smoke in the 316, so the cake is under construction. There's nothing like Va. No. 1 for doing that job IMHO: those high-sugar Virginias produce some amazing caramelization. The resulting cake is as hard as a rock and even seems to glisten. It's flavor neutral as well, and doesn't interfere with other tobaccos later on.

Atom, rondel65, surlysoul and 20 others like this.
  11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

missed one :)

12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Guess spell check is still not working for you - i fixed it - no problem

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

KK and DGE Egg NW. I really like when Tuesday is Monday and this coming Friday will be Saturday (translation...very short work week). Good morning all.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 18 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Either i caught a cold or it is my turn for summer allergies - either way i feel like crap

so just smoking a couple cigs with my coffee today

:shead:

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 9 others like this.
  15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm smokin' some more Steven Books' Canadian Maple in a Peterson Slightly Bent Silver Prince with black coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, I didn't like it that you were sick but knew something was up when I stomped downstairs with the little Comoy and a tin of Latakia Flake to have after I made toast and eggs with large china mug #5 of Khave, strong and black. When I opened the tin of Latakia Flake and went to grab the little Comoy the Black Rock Cob jumped out of the basket and yelled FEED ME so who am I to argue with a pushy rock cob. I guess it knew daddy was under the weather, great smoke too............. Get better.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 15 others like this.
  17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Morning all. Started today
    with some Burley & Bright.
    Have to go job hunting today. :(

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, Morse and 16 others like this.
  18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Wife didn't set alarm last night, so got up a bit late. No time to brew tea, just a glass of juice. But, of course, time for a pipe of Irish Oak! Last night I pull some Walnut out of the jar i canned it in. Tasted good. But needed something stronger this morning.

19. bdragon

bdragon Member

An Edward's panel pipe with some Scottish Mixture I canned in '07. Very yummy with a cup of black Joe, after eggs and bacon w/ toast.

A fine way to start the day.

On a side note, I blended some Va. ribbon cut, with some cube cut Burly tobacco about the same time frame. I tried it yesterday, man what a nice smoke that turned into. No topping, just strait tobacco, 75/25.

bd - There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I seem to remember her from a few times. The other one watched a lot was a German guy that used to brag about painting with his shoe, lol. Can't ever remember his name.

surlysoul, Lucky Duck, dBear and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.