What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Quiet Nights in a PetersonX220 more tea.

dbt13, psquared, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  2. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good afternoon PSFers. Wow what a great day, first I went out and found the jackpot of Morels, some really big ones too.
    [​IMG]
    Then as soon as i got home, there was some hate mail waiting for me (and pipe club). It is the most hateful package i have ever recieved, ever. Thank you John!

Edit: And yeah, I was smoking MD mix in the CG while in the wood.

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Watching Doctor Who while smoking Butz Choquin. McClellands #24 with a topping of Kajun Kake.

[​IMG]

4. Atom

Atom Member

I went out on a little adventure today. I walked through one of the local conservation areas, (I took some pictures, but this slow computer doesn't seem to want to upload anything right now) and saw lots of birds, mostly Orioles, Robins, and Mallard Ducks. And even a few turtles. Lots of walking, but it was a great afternoon. And I was smoking SWR in a Dr.G all day.

EDIT - And now its time to kick back and watch the Boston Bruins play hockey.
    Have a great weekend PSF!

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well as I was sipping my Orange Dry Stravinsky came strolling up the door yard and I ran up to the man cave where 2 flakes of Condor Long Cut (Brown) were being readied. When I got downstairs I prepped them and packed the Anne Julie and gave them to Stravinsky along with my Tsubota Pearl to light up. Stravinsky sipped on the Julie while I sipped on the Orange Dry and as always as the darkness began to creep in I felt the warm pipe in my hand and watched his shadow drift into the darkness.

[​IMG]

6. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Light the grill, cook some Kielbasa, and smoke some Stonehaven in the DGE Lacewood CG. Good Saturday night shaping up.

FlatbushPaul, MDaws79, Morse and 17 others like this.
  7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Irish Oak is one of my favorites, but my first couple of bowls, I thought it was only fair. I found the flavor to really open up in a larger pipe with the top 1/3 packed fairly firmly. It lights and burns easily, so the firmer load did not negatively influence it.

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Froggy from the swamp in a Stanwell Freehand. frosty mug of lemonade to drink.

9. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Just finishing up a bowl of Carter Hall in a Boswell Fat Apple. Gonna fire up my Becker Morta in a while with some Boswells NorthWoods Latakia.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates did not pitch well, Nats were bad about leaving runners on base, but they beat the Bucs 5-4. I fared much better because I had a great dinner that couldn't be beat (see who guesses that reference?), and am waiting for the Dodgers at 9 EST on MLB TV. Hope they use the Dodger feed so I can hear Vin Scully for nine innings.

Smoking St. James Flake in an unbranded late '70s Charatan smooth Billiard. This pipe smokes like a first. Drinking a bottle of Nesbitt's Orange soda, relaxing with m'lady and the kittens.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

LEO in a Peterson Canadian. Crushed ice with an Earl Grey teabag at the bottom. Most of the windows done and I'm pretty much beat. Sauna in the basement is heating up, maybe that'll revive me.
    +18C(64F)H37%

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

This is the trouble! I wouldn't have any other way. Right now I'm only two pages back. I'm also trying to decide what my first bowl of "Pipe Club" will be I'll let you's know.

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

SPC Plum Pudding in a Falcon.. P&C has been out of this for weeks. :thdn: Have had to order from smoking pipes this time. Don't know what they are doing over there at P&C but looks like they are trying to sell out of all there stock. Well, they lost a $107. order to smoking pipes this month. Looks like they don't care for repeat customers. We shall see.

14. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

I Just received word that some
    Ruthless Evil Kruel Awful Malovent Eerily Posted Inclusive Packaging
    to the Shady Path Saturday Pipe Club.

It pains me all the more that I cannot attend tonight's meeting, and thus the members in attendance will have to deal with the strain of such an outpouring hate without my support.

BE STRONG MY BROTHERS!

I will be with you in spirit

Sherlock's Choice in the MM dip, Iced reverse osmosis purified water in a tall frosted class with shallow spiral fluting on the side, Pall Mall Blue before, and mid way through the bowl. then to bed for an 0200 rise and shine.

Goodnight All, Except for you, Hater, you lousy heartless Jerk,

May the same suffering you pass on to others be multiplied back to you!;)

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Alices restaurant!!!

psquared, MDaws79, Morse and 7 others like this.
  16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

You mean 27 8x10 glossy's with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the........wait...............I have nothing to say at this time...:oops:

psquared, MDaws79, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I can't wait to take one for the team.....he crowed giddily!

MDaws79, Morse, dBear and 7 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

:th1: :hip1:

psquared, Smokey, jhguthlac and 10 others like this.
  19. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

A huge bowl of CH in my Sav Estella.:banana:
    Can you say Codger time?:old:
    (Or does it have to be in a cob?):msty:

20. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

First bowl of SWR in a cob.

Does SWR come more DRY than say half and half or PA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.