1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Thuber, did you get any of that Kicken Chicken? Does it really have a big nic hit to it?

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I had a sample of it for a few bowls, I did not get a big nic kick out of it, but for me it burnt the back of my throat on snorking, which is odd for me, regardless of the pipe I tried it in.
    If I could of afforded it I was still going to get a lb and experiment with it though, maybe a mix to see what I could come up with.
    Maybe it has some tobacco in it that I have not had yet so I can't say if it was just KC or some alternate tobacco reason.
    So far 1792 has been the nic champ for me.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Thanks, I was thinking it would be like that to me, as well. Some va's just don't like me. Bout as far with a nic hit that I want to go is KK. With a heart like mine I try to be careful with extra stimulation, lol.
    BTW I was reading a book earlier Called "54 Posts To Go" by Willy Makit. :rolleyes:

psquared, fishnbanjo, MDaws79 and 9 others like this.
  4. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Time to step it up a notch, McCranie's Red Ribbon in my poker with 4 fingers od Evan Williams, thanks Ruff! this stuff is smooth!

5. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Escudo in the Vienna Meerschaum.
    [​IMG]

And after that:

Kickin' Chicken in the Pete.
    [​IMG]

6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Yes! Another convert. Evan is good stuff.

I'm smoking Kendal Dark in a cob and drinking Larressingle Armangnac, neat. Can't decide what to smoke next. Germain's medium flake(thanks to LuckyDuck) or some Sam Gawith BBF(thanks to Psquared).

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Dagnabit!!! Enablers all! Been trying not to think about getting some more Devil's Cut and there you all go and mention ole Evan. Bah!

8. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Bahhh haaa haaa! If there's anything we can do to help..... enable. That's why we're here!

9. WalkinStick

I've actually been thinking about trying that. How is it?

And, we do what we can :byg:

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smooth!!! Real nice if you like Beam. I'm on that side. Cant stand Jack.

11. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Just finished reading Rusty Bed Springs by IP Knightly, goodnight Gents, stay safe.

12. WalkinStick

I'll give it a shot then. Never been a Jack fan. More of a Jameson man, anyway.

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Ouch, thats a squeeker!

14. WalkinStick

:haha: :gjob:

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Last bowl of Quiet Nights in my big old avatar pipe. That's ok, there is some Westminster on the way to replace it! Sipping on some Devil's Cut over ice is better than anything else I have ever tried. Good stuff, guess I'll pick some up next week, lol.

16. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

Enjoyed Uhle's "Blend 114" in my Ben Wade 100 Hand Model Denmark, at the same table with Kevin Godbee of PipeMagazine.com, in the Chicago Pipe Show Smokers' Tent, Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, Illinois. Great person and enjoyable, I mean really enjoyable, conversationalist. What a great show! Loved being able to talk to so many wonderful people about pipes, tobacco, and just things about life. Got a kick about a personal remembrance of Preben Holm from a dealer, never heard about it before, but will give me a memorable picture of the man. Looking forward to and saving up for 2014.

17. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Weybridge in a xxl IMP meerschaum. Big glass of crushed ice. Going to watch The Abyss and not move for the next while.
    +17C(63F)H24%

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Get any goodies? If so let us know. We all want to know.:)

19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Ahhhh ... finally outside on the porch [ it's been raining non stop since yesterday late afternoon ] ... it's 54 degrees and I'm lighting a bowl of Altadis Chocolate Truffle in a brand new Washington Cob . After a couple shots of whiskey [ Evan Williams ] and a wonderful steak dinner , which I enjoyed a bottle of Rolling Rock , I gotta admit I'm feeling pretty good :beck:

20. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Enjoyed a bowl of SWR in a Country Gentleman. I enjoyed it more this time, it needed a bigger bowl. back in the library now with SKOAL Mint and Copenhagen. I swear, if I don't graduate with a decent salary I'm moving somewhere exotic with all of my tobacco and pipes and my mother won't even be able to make me shave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.