1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Dodgers are taking a beating from the Giants, 5-1 in the fourth. I'm smoking PH Special Curly Cut (thanks Mount Mandolin) in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton, and trying to decide how much like the tinned VaPer version of Three Nuns this is. Judging by the first half of the bowl, I'd say it's less spicy because it has much less perique, but it's a good, smooth smoke. It's a little sweeter, less tangy, too. The Virginias are more prominent here as well. All in all, it's a very good mixture, but for it to be like the fabled Three Nuns, I may have to add some perique and see what happens then.

Ice water is my drink. Hope you don't mind that, Dbear! ;)

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Changed my mind entirely (imagine that). Now smoking some McClelland Blakeney's Best Lat flake in the DGE Poker. Drinking a Kona Fire Rock pale ale. The boss lady has agreed to buy me a high end pipe for a wedding present. I'm having a hard time deciding what I want. I'm thinking an Ardor. Suggestions? :byg:

3. JimInks

Ardor hands down. Or at least a Rinaldo. I own several of each and they are mostly my best smokers.

4. WalkinStick

I'm leaning heavily in that direction. PipeSimmo turned me onto them, and I know you have quite a few of Donald's that you love. That is probably what I'll end up with.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just lighting up some Exhausted Rooster in the Ben Wade billiard. It's been a long time....wow!

6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Evening folks. Old Ironsides in a Neerup, Eric Clapton on the stereo. I'm always reminded of our sweet maid Beatrice, a black lady who was basically my second mother; when she heard Clapton singing his blues stuff she would just shake her head and say, "Rich white boy from England, what he got the blues for?" Always gives me a smile to think of that. She's got to be one of the finest people who ever walked the earth.

Been chilly here, in the low 40's. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

it's almost similar to Mac Baren Mixture, with a bit of perique and a hint of orange peel more than honey

8. WalkinStick

Kind of crazy to read this. There was an old black lady that lived down the dirt road from me when I was growing up. The only name I knew her by was Miss Liz. She always said basically the same thing about Stevie Ray Vaughn. Loved his music. "What's a pretty white boy like that got to be sad about?" Thanks for the memory, MM.

9. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Winding down the evening with a bowl of McClelland #27 in a well-seasoned billiard, a cool, sweet, tangy smoke, just fantastic!

10. WalkinStick

Is the tang a McClelland thing? I noticed it in that bowl of Blakeney's Best Lat and thought I must be crazy.

11. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Smoking some fine tobacco out of a very tiny pipe, rekampip made it I think, but I am not positive.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

dBear, psquared, Jack Wagon and 10 others like this.
  12. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Depends on the Virginias used, Bright Virginias like lemon, orange and orange-red varieties can be very tangy and zesty. I like the Bright Virginias (sweet and tangy) for this very reason.

dBear, psquared, Jack Wagon and 11 others like this.
  13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Real pictures or it didn't happen!

dBear, Jack Wagon, highstump and 9 others like this.
  14. WalkinStick

:haha:

15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Ok ok, real nice comin from you Lucky! So I can't post pics from my phone.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

It's true, I saw the whole thing....

dBear, Jack Wagon, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Watching Vin Scully and the Dodgers, who are now leading the Giants 8-7 in the top of the 6th. I'm smoking the next to last bowl of this sample of Moe's Confetti in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). This is a really terrific burley blend; one of the best I've ever smoked. Forget I wrote that and buy something else!!!

dBear, psquared, Jack Wagon and 12 others like this.
  18. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Time for the last pipe of the day. GLP Quiet Nights in the Mastro de Paja. I've got some Amsterdam Nut Brown Ale to wash it down and I'm watching the remake of True Grit on Netflix. Interesting movie. I'll need to watch the original next time.

[​IMG]

Longshanks, dBear, psquared and 15 others like this.
  19. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Just did a DGT bowl of Navy Flake in the ShawnP cob, about 25 minutes worth.

Bad night on the farm, pitch black, couldn't see 10 foot in front of ya and the "things that go bump in the night" were a little restless. I would fight a damn bigfoot but paranormal things get to me around here. Thats another story.

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

"Pipe Club"bing it! Thanks rekamepip! ;) Smoking tobacco in a pipe. Great smoking everyone!

dBear, psquared, Jack Wagon and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.