What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Nice machine. Makes me wish I was still drinking coffee. Lost all taste for it after open heart. Guess I had to pay something for surviving, lol.

psquared, Thuber88, JimInks and 7 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yep, had a Gaggia Espresso until it died, usually I can repair anything but a new boiler and heater system would outweigh the cost of another so...... I have Mantle Cell Lymphoma and espresso literally kept me going throughout Chemotherapy, I have a high tolerance to caffeine (30 years of service to the Navy will do that) to the point is that it calms me down rather than giving me a buzz, I can drink a pot of espresso and sleep like a baby.

Since today is Sinka the Mayo Cinco de Mayo I will be celebrating it as Black Tie Sunday, i.e. all my pipes will be Morta today for Cinco de Morta except for walkabout where the Tsuge Tankard will be the pipe of choice but fits Black Tie Sunday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Yeah, coffee did that for me as well. Used to have a mug of Starbucks with me 24/7.

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Kicking off Cinco de Morta aka Black Tie Sunday with the Tom Richard Morta and 5 y/o AJ's Vapers, large china mug of Khave, black and strong for sustenance! Of course it would be wrong to light it with anything but the Black Pearl Tsubota! :beck:

5. Snookman

Snookman Member

Good morning everyone!
    Kickin' Chicken in a Savinelli.
    [​IMG]

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 19 others like this.
  6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR! ARDOR!:beck:

oh...wait
    TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! TINSKY! :hbang:

and what about a custom made Moretti? Have you already thought about a Morta? What's about a meer? :ngty:

MDaws79, dBear, psquared and 11 others like this.
  7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good morning PSF,​
    beautiful sunday - at long last summer has come. Perfect weather for a breakfast of champions on the balcony:​
    [​IMG]
    Coffee, Motzek Strang, DGE Chunky Elegancy - couldn't be better. Have a great sunday everyone! ​

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 21 others like this.
  8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning all! 48*f here in Tallahassee this morning. Rain and drizzle yesterday did not delay cooking the steaks last night and they were delicious. I had plenty of time in the Florida Room to smoke and watch the rain and baseball while sipping a nice glass Shiraz or two or three.

This morning I'm smoking SWR in a Sav and drinking Community Coffee. Miss Daisy just woke up and will be preparing breakfast soon. Oatmeal, OJ and Toast along with more coffee.

MDaws79, psquared, Stormy and 16 others like this.
  9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I'm good with just my Falcon stuffed with some mild old Penzance. Got some hot pg tips tea to drink. Forgot to say Good Morning All. Hope its a great Sunday for ya.

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG]

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Decided to rearrange the cellar since I got some TAD creeping in and sharpened the plug knife as well, my Daniel Winkler Mountain Man Damascus with Elk Bolsters and Buffalo Hide Sheath.

[​IMG]

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

... I already mentioned Morta! And you're right - a Paulo Becker should be on everyones PAD list as well! But for the first high-end pipe I would suggest a briar, so theres enough room for improvement and special pipes to look out for. Maybe 2-3 high-end briars first, then a few Mortas, followed by a couple of meers.

MDaws79, dBear, psquared and 10 others like this.
  13. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Morning, gents! Having some Rum Flake in a cob and thinking about what to get.
    I've thought about all of those :byg: I still haven't made up my mind. I've got until November though, so I have plenty of time to buy some of those on my own :th1: I may just put 10-15 pictures up and let her pick it for me. We'll see.

Have a great Sunday everybody :th1:

MDaws79, dBear, psquared and 12 others like this.
  14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Actually I agree with you 100%, I was just having a bit of fun. As an aside that Motzek Strang looks good enough to EAT! :thu:

15. krusty

krusty Active Member

LPF in my Sav "Sherwood" 6011

16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

You guys are giving me a complex what with all these fancy pipes.....

I'm smoking some Red Man plug in this beauty.

[​IMG]

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 23 others like this.
  17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Everytime I take the Strang out of the tin I instantly wanna take a bite and have to control myself not to do so...:drly:

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

What, all those filthy Radice's run away! ;)

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

you can go as high end as you like but the tobacco is still not going to taste any better
    than in a Rekamepip Stone Pipe :old:
    [​IMG]
    all your really buying 'high end' is an in vogue name :poke:

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thanks MDaws79, I couldn't have said it any better. like you said, " without going into specifics", I was humbled, honored, overwhelmed, and certainly in rekamepips debt. So to rekamepip, as I face North toward the Chicagolands Pipe Show, I salute you, and thank you.

MDaws79, dBear, psquared and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.