What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Cleaning up the den for company and smoking Amphora Red in a slight bent black pattern etched 1977 Lorenzo Lorsan Sigma level top with a gray swirl colored stem. Glad they like pipe smoke!

MDaws79, User4408, Beefcube and 15 others like this.
  2. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Just finished up brunch, smoking some more SWR out of an unknown briar and sipping some coffee. About to hope in the shower and hit the library...again:oops:

MDaws79, psquared, Smokey and 16 others like this.
  3. highstump

highstump Active Member

Jim, my den is a little small for company. Maybe if I took out that tub and vanity...

MDaws79, dBear, psquared and 16 others like this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Found a really nice press hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen, so ground up some more of the Kicking Horse Cliff Hanger Espresso and ran it through. Loaded up a medium IMP meerschaum with Hyde Park. The combination of this tobacco and coffee has got a grin pasted on my face that's making it difficult to control the draw. Yup, definitely an 'ine morning. +16C(61F)H36%. Severe clear blue sky.

MDaws79, User4408, psquared and 19 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

My den feels small too...'till I back the cars out. Then I can ride
    bikes in here.......or whatever.

Back on topic PS LTF.

MDaws79, dBear, User4408 and 15 others like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's cold and rainy, so I had my windows closed. But I wanted a smoke, darn it. Open the window back up, put the fan on....Kendal Dark in the Wessex Dublin

MDaws79, dBear, Beefcube and 16 others like this.
  7. kb7get

kb7get Member

1980's Half&Half in a Washington Cob. Drinking coffee and watching IRL racing on TV.

MDaws79, psquared, Smokey and 18 others like this.
  8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Just finished some bacon and eggs now I am having a bowl of F&T special brown flake in a Pete. It was my first pipe and smoking it on PSF birthday seems like a good idea.

9. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Bombat Extra in a Sav.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

It's about time to finally start breaking in the third DGE nosewarmer I received recently.
    [​IMG]

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 22 others like this.
  11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Round and round the Morta Clock we go with Reverie in the Askwith........

12. Waino

Waino Active Member

Best weekend since September. Went out to a sea on Friday and came back today. We spend two nights in an old wooden villa. I smoked several bowls in a sauna terrace. Birds were singing. I understand them even we, wife and me, have already done our duty.

Now Old Dublin in a BST
    [​IMG]

MDaws79, dBear, FlatbushPaul and 25 others like this.
  13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

50/50 mix of Ted's Burley and Smokers Pride Black Cavendish (Ruffinogold) in the Greenhouse this afternoon
    [​IMG]
    In the Rekamepip Black stone pipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    they complimented each other well, and the Turkish Black Sea Basma thought so too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 23 others like this.
  14. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I love that picture.

15. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

2 bowls of PA yesterday in the mm straight legend...

Fishnbanjo after reading this thread all the way through today I have a strong desire to sit across a table from you playing cribbage and smoking a pipe. I hope everything went OK at togus, I dislike disgusta but I have to be there 3 days a week to pay bills. I'd invite you to stop in next time but I'm a bit poor and suspect my cheap coffee and OTC tobacco aren't up to your standards.

16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Podge in a cob, oozing towards mowing.
    Will be interesting to see if one bowl is enough, its usually two cheap cigars or so for the whole yard
    might preload a second one in advance

17. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Just finished another bowl of Jackknife plug in my Falcon, now Im tweaking just a little so no more of that for a while going for the Latakia next I think.

18. Morse

Morse Active Member

Afternoon folks. Inspired by MentorBVs review of my sample of GH Rum Flake I decided to revisit this blend in an OT made chimney. This is a great smoke - the more I spend time with GH flakes the more I like them. Coffee on the side.

MDaws79, dBear, FlatbushPaul and 17 others like this.
  19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I've just opened another tin of a new to me blend, HU Tobacco's JU 52. I'm going to load it in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker to enjoy my after dinner bowl.

[​IMG]

Description from the website:

If you have ever heard the powerful boom of the BMW engines and seen the massive and yet majestic shape of a Ju52 (Auntie Ju) circling in the sunlight, surely you have felt an immediate fascination with this giant of the skies. Massive, powerful, majestic, yet playful and even a little naïve, but always impressive – this is how the “Ju 52“ blend, too, will present itself to you. Malty and slightly fruity tones give the powerful, dark pressed, medium- strong Virginia/Perique Broken Flake its character. A voluminous smoking experience in terms of taste, but without irksome weight. A gentle giant for dreams of the pioneering spirit of the past. …takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory. (aviation aphorism)

MDaws79, Longshanks, dBear and 18 others like this.
  20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.