What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Long. ass. day.

finishing up what's left of a bowl of SWR in a General with something nice planned later this evening. Going to go buy a steak and cook it. I feel totally drained and tonight demands an all-nighter for two more tests tomorrow.

2. Morse

Morse Active Member

250 bowls!? LOL that's about a years worth of smoking for me ;)

MDaws79, Snake, psquared and 12 others like this.
  3. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Frog Morton Cellar in MM Legend. Have a short week to go visit my parents, but it makes for long days in the meantime.

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Yeah, I rarely manage more than 2-3 bowls in one day. Today has only been one. Sometimes I may have 4 if I'm really going!

jhguthlac, MDaws79, JoeSmall and 11 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Larry's Blend in a Falcon. Lemonade in a frozen mug.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Won't have too many pipes and tobacco on the first Ark, because the young nubiles and the Saint Bernard insist on priority seating.

7. Liquidblue4

Liquidblue4 Member

Just got my tins in the mail this morning. The Chocolate Flake is just fantastic in pretty much every way, So thanks to the people here that recommended it. I can't wait to mix it up with Nightcap.
    The Connoisseur's Choice I didn't really try much at all, certainly not enough to get a good idea of it, but I bought it for a friend so I'll try more when he comes over.
    The 1792 though... I was not ready. I thought that Nightcap had seasoned me a bit for strong tobacco... it didn't. 1792 just beat my ass into submission and I could only finish half of a bowl... good game 1792... good game...

[​IMG]

8. JimInks

Thanks to Highstump, I'm smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a slight bend rusticated 1979 Savinelli Estella 310 poker. Ice water is my drink, and I'm listening to Vin Scully call the first three innings of the Dodgers -D-Backs game. The Braves beat the Reds, though closer Craig Kimbrel's not pitching for the Braves as well as he had.

It's still raining, but not hard now. I told the Saint Bernard he can stop hammering nails into the Ark.

MDaws79, surlysoul, psquared and 13 others like this.
  9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I like the 1792 enough to buy some in the future, and it also maybe handy to give some oomph to lesser but flavorful tobaccos

MDaws79, surlysoul, JoeSmall and 10 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Does the St Bernard have some special hammer, or do they have doggy gloves so he can hold that hammer?

MDaws79, surlysoul, JoeSmall and 6 others like this.
  11. Liquidblue4

Liquidblue4 Member

I definitely liked the 1792. It was just brutal though.

MDaws79, surlysoul, p120d16y and 9 others like this.
  12. JimInks

He's a bare pawed nailer!

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I can't catch now! I'll catch up tomorrow. For now it's FVF in the Squatch Beast . Only a half bowl, it's too big a pipe for tonight, ice tea is my drink.

14. FlatbushPaul

I can't catch now! I'll catch up tomorrow. For now it's FVF in the Squatch Beast . Only a half bowl, it's too big a pipe for tonight, ice tea is my drink.

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

1792 is nice in the evening after dinner. Can be a bit much on an empty stomach.

1792 cradling Old Dublin cradling Irish Flake cradling Hyde Park in a xxl IMP meerschaum. Had a very interesting conversation this evening so this pipe and a small Laphroaig are called for as I sit back and think about what I've just learned.
    +22C(72F)H17%

16. FlatbushPaul

I can't catch now! I'll catch up tomorrow. For now it's FVF in the Squats Beast . Only a half bowl, it's too big a pipe for tonight, ice tea is my drink.

MDaws79, surlysoul and JimInks like this.
  17. FlatbushPaul

I can't catch now! I'll catch up tomorrow. For now it's FVF in the Squats Beast . Only a half bowl, it's too big a pipe for tonight, ice tea is my drink.

18. FlatbushPaul

Man, I don't know what's up with my phone and PSF today. Double posts and maybe I'm just spstic!.

19. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Home again, and caught up on the thread!

Happy belated Monday, I managed to sip my way through 2 bowls of the Sherlocks choice on the 3 hour ride back to the yard after my last stop. The MM bent legend was the tool I used for the job.

It was a beautiful day in the northwest of Illinois, but as I neared home the clouds were still in full dress. Passing through Hannibal, Mo, and seeing the giant Mark Twain statue, made me reminisce of adventures I've had outdoors at this time of year. Also had me reminiscing of adventures I've read about, which sometimes I seem to be able to recall more vividly.

Anyway, beautiful time of year to be out for a drive in these parts. The new leaves have transformed the landscape, adding a depth and warmth to the countrysides, and the arrival of warm temps has restored scanty clothing to the female wardrobes, adding a depth and warmth to the more populated areas.

Going to hit the shower, the back porch for a bit of Black Lung in the diplomat, and then I will go to my bed. Day off tomorrow, so while you head off to work in the morning, remember that I am still sleeping. So keep it down!

20. Atom

Atom Member

A long day of landscaping today, with lots left to do for the next few weeks. But I enjoy the physical labor out in the sun.
    I was only able to get in one bowl today, PS LNF in a Yello-Bolle Pug, with a glass of ice cold lemonade on the side. It was great! This is my first try posting with an iPad, and so far so good! I'll be catching up tomorrow on postings from today, I'm getting too tired to read any more tonight. Peace and blessings to you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.