What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Smoking a Castello full of Dark Flake Aromatic, which was supposed to be last evening's smoke. Big girl had her first ever softball practice last night, and of course, tobacco being the evil that it is, I didn't have a chance to smoke while watching practice. I thought maybe once I got home I'd set it on fire, but a friend in need of a portable welder showed up, so we hauled mine out and tuned it up. While prepping the welder, I figured a Parodi Ammezzati was a better choice than a Castello full of anything..........

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy belated birthday, Muddler!

Still smoking Gawith & Hoggarth Dark Flake in the Fantaisie.

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I'd be happy to second that. That pipe has what antique dealers call patina. And it marks its owner as a serious, long-time pipe smoker.

LTF in a Bjarne ...

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 13 others like this.
  4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

COFFEE! I got up late and looked back to make sure I wasn't in bed still then pinched myself before turning the PC on which took 5 7/8's hours to boot up, then I nearly tripped over a 95 lb lump on the rug and realized it was Levi. Got down stairs and turned the Keurig on, let Levi out, checked the Keurig and still warming up, took out the first container of recycling then moved the garbage can, back inside checked to see if the Keurig was ready which it then turned to ready to brew inf front of my eyes so I washed my paws, placed the reusable container in the Keurig and hit brew, grabbed the second recycling bin and brought that out, gave Levi his treat, coffee still brewing, checked to see if the battery for the lawn mower charged and no joy, grabbed the battery and meter and set them on the table, coffee was ready so I dumped the container and grabbed the large china mug and took a sip. Placed battery and meter on the stairs and filled a cob with AoTM morning, pipe smoked hot and rough and saw it was one that had been giving me fits so I gave that up and came up to the PC with battery, meter and coffee, wrote this, will now suck every last drop out of the china mug and go back downstairs where I will pack one of the cobs that treats me right and make some more COFFEE! Daggnabbit.... Oh, good morning PSFer's. :ccup:

5. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I've been looking everywhere for a low-end 315 EX, preferably a Baronet Bruyere. To no avail. They seem to arrive in spurts and then vanish.

My dream is to stack about a half-dozen discs of Stockton in one of those babies and smoke myself into a stupor. I've seen some that have a chamber diameter over an inch :beyes:

LBF in a Prince ...

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 14 others like this.
  6. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Woke up late--for me--this a.m. So a quick Wilshire while my fake chik'n nuggets cook. Prokofiev. Half- and- half iced tea and lemonade.

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 14 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sigh, heading for my 3rd cuppa, I may need to make this one a double Espresso! Smoked 1/3 bowl of AoTM in the MM Diplomat, that pipe has been reamed more than 3 dozen times and has had the cracks that have formed from bulging over the years filled with wood putty and it smokes dry and sweet while this newer SOB has only been smoked less than 10 times and got so hot I could use it to heat a small room, will try it later today and if it ticks me off one more time the 2 1/2 lb mini Eastwing sledge is going to get its attention then I'll save the shank and stem...........

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I was surprised the other night when DT gave me a mild case of tongue bite. The idea that I had mastered it was obviously premature. But at least it was a LOT more enjoyable than it used to be. In fact, it was an excellent smoke. But not perfect.

Squatch and others really sing the praises of MB spun cuts. My only guess is that they are patient, consistent slow puffers. My problem is that I fairly often indulge in strong smokes that deliver huge flavor and satisfaction. When switching off to DT, the temptation is almost overwhelming to puff too fast and deep looking for that hit.

So I'm trying to make breath smoking into a habit. And that's not easy for a codger. But I'm getting there.

LBF in a Prince ...

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 12 others like this.
  9. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Samovar, in a bent and blasted brandy.

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

God, there's a match made in heaven, AoTM in the MM Diplomat and a double espresso in the Pusser's Rum Mug, Mmm if only MM would make a cob like that Diplomat that would hold 2/3 lb of Plum Cake topped with 1/3 lb of Anni Kake and I could have 3 lbs of freshly ground beans, my espresso machine, enough double osmosis water to continually brew double and triple espresso's whilst sitting in the lounge chair, life would have true meaning.

11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Here are some good shots of that great writer and pipe smoker P. G. Wodehouse:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And check out the cob in that last photo! Of course, any pipe lacking a white spot would prompt an immediate throat-clearing from Jeeves. But such pipes didn't seem to bother Jeeves' creator one bit.

Back to LTF in a Bjarne ...

SteveH, MDaws79, Jack Wagon and 18 others like this.
  12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Got up early to feed Suzy and Molly, who were this morning's alarm clock. Thought I'd sneak in at least one bowl of Angler's Dream in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe while I'm up.

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 17 others like this.
  13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

PS Norwegian in RC with Morning Coffee in Clay Stein

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 12 others like this.
  14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Morning, gents. Seems we're on a trend of smoking rekamepip's creations this morning. Rum flake in my RockCob to get me moving with a big mug of Irish breakfast tea. Only been at work for an hour and I'm already missing my bed.

15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning. Kendal Kentucky in the Doug Erwin nose burner and coffee, black. Rain today.

16. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Have to go to work early today so I am rapidly consuming coffee and a bowl of Granger in a Falcon....

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I may have tamed the cob from Hell :csmile:finished the smoke I started which went very well, maybe it's finally breaking in, or at least it was not a beast to finish, great breakfast of an everything bagel with a fresh organic pear on the side and either my 4th or 5th large china mug black and strong, I stopped really counting...............

18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    It's a rainy day here in NJ. I'm starting the day off with Dunbar, courtesy of Jiminks, in a Brebbia Jumbo Sabbiata Billiard with my black coffee for a slow ride into work.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 16 others like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning all. Carter Hall in a Dr. G Westbrook straight Rhodesian, Community Coffee on the side. A shout out to DocB who keeps finding these Westies for me. I'm still looking for a bent bulldog.

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 17 others like this.
  20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Olaf Poulsson Νο. 12.

MDaws79, Jack Wagon, Morse and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.