1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I can go mow for you, like all summer, if you want.

2. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

Enjoying "Legacy" by The Smoker Ltd, soon to be released by PipesandCigars.com, in my new (to me) estate Peterson System Standard, "Made in Ireland," nomenclature, which was also picked up at the Chicago Pipe Show, with a glass of Lustau Cream Sherry. It is gorgeous outside today. [​IMG]

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Inflatable sharks, properly ballasted might solve that problem. I put one in a freshwater lake better than a thousand miles from the sea and the negative IQ squad bought it and left.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Night Train in an African meer. If you like strong full-flavor tobacco, you need to treat yourself to some Night Train.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I couldn't wait, though I have for a few months: Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. A bottle of Sprite. Braves beat the Reds fairly easily today.

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Kong Christian Sweet & Fruity.

7. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

About to go pick up the youths. I've run out of things in the apartment to clean; usually a sign that I'm ready for the onslaught.

So no pipe tonight.

A great couple days, thanks in part to a very generous PSFer.

Talk to you gents tomorrow!

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yesterday I attended a Lunch & Learn as part of our Cancer Support Group, topic was Put the Stress on Wellness given by a professional CPCC. There was a nice healthy lunch and a lively interactive talk which also asked we write down 5 things, people, places etc. that we were grateful for then she went from table to table to pick out Cancer patients. My list was this.

1. My Wife
    2. My Levi
    3. My hobbies, pipes, bamboo fly rods, books, hunting, forums I'm on and photography
    4. Who I am
    5. My books (ones I've written)

These were in order which means that my wife, dog and all of you were more important to me than myself and my accomplishments, no surprises to me but they were to others who don't know me. I spoke with her after the talk and she told me she found what I said pretty grounded. I told her that my Cancer Support Leader, Susan, has new patients speak with me since my outlook is not only over the top positive but gets peoples attention. She asked me to share one of those experiences. I told her all of the newly diagnosed or their family support structure all share one other thing in common than just the disease they look like deer in the headlights and that we all have been that way. I tell them that once they get up in the morning to go directly to the mirror and to look at who is looking back at them and I mean directly in the eyes and say "today, I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy" and when they choose the former don't forget to say "I love you". My goal in life is simple, it's to make someone really laugh every day, if that someone happens to be me, that's OK too. :D

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Don't worry, Latakia Flakes in the Boswell, you know the place.............. ;) OBTW, they say all things come in three's you should have 1 more good thing happening ahead.

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Evening, gents. I'm almost sad to say it but after working on cars for my whole life, working in a dealership has finally ruined the job I love. I just flat hate it. So instead of just being bitter like most people might, I'm going to do something about it.

First ,though, I'm going to relax with a nice tall Belvedere on the rocks and smoke some pretty old FVF. I hope everyone else had, and continues to have, a great day.

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

NICE. glad to hear you hate it..and me - I hate you too! :toast: - and the tobacco, it's yukky and horrible.

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yeah and how the hell does one pay freight on a 55 gallon drum of tobacco! :mad: Might think I was looking for a First Class seat for it!

13. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Cash. :byg:

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I told them make sure it's watertight, paint: If Found return to York Harbor Beach ME attn: fishnbanjo with the tides I should get it for Christmas.

15. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I was really excited to get out and fish today...the weather was perfect and my final isn't until tomorrow at 4 so I figured I had some time to spare. Hooked up to something big and:

[​IMG]

just the icing on the damn cake for finals week. What a god-awful week.

Beef stew and SWR/coffee to calm me down before i snap on someone

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Now would probably not be a good time to mention Lee Wulff once landed a 28 lb Atlantic Salmon with a fly line and leader using a size 28 hook tied behind a hookless fly, he could cast over 105' of fly w/o a rod too. Things will look up.

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just got back from my usual drive about the country roads of mid missouri
    actually x 1.5 ( had to go around the long way today....... smoke a nice bowl of Chicago Blend in my maple wood pipe

now that i am home i am loading up some sutliff navigator blend in my bulldog

off to go take more pictures of pipes so i can revamp my online store
    (really i am not going anywhere to do this - just across the other side of my table )

Coffee on the side:chug:

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG]

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I liked your post Not because the fishing rod broke - but rather that you almost caught one big enough to do so...

20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

A little green here and there slips it into a container of items from europe, then just stop by the docks and pick it up, seems so simple, :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.