1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

McClelland Stove Aged VA 35 Ribbon in my MM General. Mmmm...good!:thu:

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I still don't want to pick up the garbage though..
    And Just why Can't we have Alice??
    And you would have thought that Arlo would have learned a thing or two from Good Ole Dad's hoboing, and jumped on the train to have an escape, it was only 1/2 a mile away.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Congrats on being a thousand years old posts.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

The guy in the shop said there was perique in there, but I think he misspoke. None of the the printed descriptions say perique and I've never tasted any in there, to my knowledge.

5. Morse

Morse Active Member

Congrats on 1K

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Speaking of Woody Guthrie, this recent article will interest you: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1559979/woody-guthrie-center-opens-in-tulsa

You can't have Alice because she wasn't on the menu.

Billy Joel was half a mile away, too, but for different reasons.

However, Arlo did take the Last Train to Glory.

7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Arlo has always been underrated in my book,maybe it was too much of Woody's shadow, or the lack of folk music enthusiasm for a lot of america.
    I still remember he did a hour long tv special years ago, including the tale of clam hunting, Clamzo boys Clamzo!

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I smelled it when I opened the bag. This is an interesting blend. If its the syrian i'm tasting it's the first time i've tasted it this strong. Usually for me it's lite and winey.

9. Atom

Atom Member

It was like that when you got here ;), and once MikeInMaine passes his "poop water" test we will have no problem cleaning it up. Post early, post often.
    I still have some projects to finish tonight, but I'll get a bowl of PS LTF started to allow for a DGT until I have time to relax.

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Man, Thats just wrong in sooooo many ways....

11. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Nightcap in a cob. Good night everybody.

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That's just nasty FUGLY is what that is.

13. Morse

Morse Active Member

Hasn't stopped the rest of us ;)

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

trying like crazy to understand my math homework (and failing), while smoking Kendal Dark in the BST. About to give up and move on to some reading for my other class which, while a chore, I can at least comprehend.

radicals and fractional exponents are the work of the devil. having an instructor who i have difficulty communicating with isn't helping me. it's not a language barrier, it that he seems totally uncomfortable teaching, most of what he says is "uh," "okay," "yeah..." "so...." and then just demonstrating a theoretical answer with variables without explaining why things are the way they are. the rest of the problem is that i barely met my math requirements in high school, graduated back in 2004, and since then have never HAD to do math without a calculator - I can't even divide without one, let alone work with this stuff. I'm so lost I don't know how to ask what I need to ask, he seems uncomfortable in his role in teaching the material, and it's a bad combination any way you look at it.

but failure is not an option. this isn't due until tomorrow night (technically noon friday, but I have classes from 9:10 until 12:30), but I also have a lot of reading tomorrow. so I guess I'll try to ask for more help tomorrow and get more reading done tonight.

15. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

SG Cannon Plug in a Charatan

16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Excellent idea. SG Cannon Plug in a Ben Wade Relief Grain panel that looks suspiciously like a Charatan, and was made when the line between the two was very very grey.

17. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

Ben Wade, Charatan, it's all good. :bing:

18. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

It's good to be home. The rocks are still there. Connoisseurs Choice in the Cyanomeerschaum. Darjeeling tea made with real water.
    +17C(63F)H34%

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Smokey and 17 others like this.
  19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You were gone??? Who da thunkit. :rolleyes::toast:

20. Smithy

Smithy Member

I hope the week is going well for all!

Day Started with FVF in the rock cob. That is as far as I got. Crazy day at work. Dad drove down from New Hampshire and is here at the house. Went to dinner with my lady and they met for the first time. Seeing Dad meet her for the first time reminded me of how amazing she is. Old man and I and I will be up @ 3:30 and hit the road @ 4 am. Drive to the far end of Tennessee. Pass out. Friday wake up and do family stuff for my Niece's Wedding. Saturday Krystal marries a damn good man and we party. Sunday wake up in the middle of the night to head to West Virginia and surprise my Grandma and 3 aunts for Mothers day. Then drive all the way back to CT by Sunday night. Then back to work Monday morning.

I bought my Dad a nice briar and I am bringing a box filled with tins and Jars. I will keep a count......

I will be back Monday and will post pics along the way if time allows. Can't wait to get back and catch up. Passing out now. Please keep those pipes lit :puffy::th1:

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, Morse and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.