1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Looks medieval! What are you trying to do? Scare your pipe into giving you a good smoke? :eek:

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

While I'm waiting for the pizza to cook, I'm smoking Magnum Opus in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer.

3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

OGS and the pride of Nova Scotia!
    [​IMG]

4. SthrnMan

SthrnMan Member

A little LL7 in the cob with a glass of wine. Sittin outside winding down.

5. krusty

krusty Active Member

BBF in a MM Spool, coffee. (with bourbon of course!)

6. Buckshot Two

Buckshot Two Member

Penzance in a James Barber canadian. :puffy:

7. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Smoking bad tobacco. Waiting for a female to return my call: doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Oh well.

Going to the audiologist tomorrow with the new hearing aids.

8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Bull Run in a Brog.

9. krusty

krusty Active Member

Finished catching up on this thread, the few mentions of Escudo tugged at me.
    Old Codger snagged up a VERY nice briar from Sas earlier that I could have sworn had my name on it some 'eres (-;

So consoling my loss and celebrating his score with Escudo, 2 coins, in my BST Christmas '12 Oom Paul!

[​IMG]

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

#12 oriental in briar wood pipe
    pepsi on the side

11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Evening, folks. Onyx in a Savinelli Roma 626, thanks to JimInks. This is an absolutely wonderful tobacco, and to me very unique among English blends. It has a great softness to it, if that makes any sense. Not the slightest bit sharp. Hard to compare to anything else that I can think of. I really owe Jim a lot of gratitude, because this tobacco has to be special ordered from Europe and is not cheap, so thanks so much, Jim! I may have to order some of that stuff soon, high cost or not.

Getting hot around here. Got up in the 80's today. Right now 77˚F (25˚C), 48%RH, southwest winds at 8 mph. Warm for 8 in the evening, but the ceiling fans are taking care of that. Only problem with the ceiling fans is they make my bowl burn a bit fast.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Thanks for that. I've been dying to try that stuff, and may have to now. If both Jim and yourself like it that much, it must be worth smoking.

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

While I think you may be giving me a bit more credit than I deserve ;), I would definitely recommend it very highly. If you're a fan of Ten Russians or Pirate Kake or Lancer Slices, and you want something similar to those, look elsewhere, but if you want something that seems to me to have been blended by someone who really knows his stuff, I can't recommend Onyx highly enough.

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

A lovely pipe day . Though not many bowls , it was very enjoyable :

SWR / Rock Cob / Coffee

MB GE / Wiley Prince

Altadis Dark Decadence / Basil Meadows Touched by God pipe

Kids are down and I got Kaywoodie #28 Slim Octagon Dublin filled with Ogdens walnut !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://pipepages.com/kwg-36app1.htm .... 2nd pipe down [ #28 ]

15. JimInks

A while back, I had sent Spillproof a sample, and he said it was "Awesome!" I obviously agree. I'm down to a couple of ounces and wish I could afford the overseas shipping charges, because I love it. Btw, their Torina is very similar to Balkan Sobranie, and Tarek Robusto is a great, spicy English with amazing flavor.

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Added a little KK to some Larry's Blend in a Falcon. So far :msty: Drinking a tall frozen mug of lemonade.

17. JimInks

You are very welcome, MM. I'm glad you like it.

18. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF - another one of those weeks has precluded my evening smoke, until tonight anyhow. Making up for it tonight with some MacBaren 7 Seas Royal in the 2012 Rad Davis, sandblasted, slightly bent apple. Been a while since I had a bowl of this but coming back to it confirms my initial conclusion that its a decent smoke and a great value for those of us who like aromatics. A little over $22 a pound at SP, and similarly priced elsewhere. Its probably unlikely to unseat GH BFS as my favorite but its a nice, simple and pleasing smoke nonetheless.

Some more of that cheap and sullen red on the side - only two bottles left and I'm gonna drink em - as penance.

19. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Evening all. Carter Hall in a new Patriot. Nice ending to a stress free day.

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Heading back outside after dinner. The xxl IMP meerschaum set up with Irish Flake cradling Davidoff Flake Medallions cradling University Flake cradling SG Grousemoor ought to last until the sun goes down and provide some interesting flavour transitions. Pot of darjeeling tea is coming with me as well.
    +24C(75F)H16%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.