1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

A water glass of cool stout is my drink :th1:

Jack Wagon, dBear, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Peterson's Irish Oak (thanks WalkinStick) in a Suffolk Algerian Briar straight pot with a silver band. Coffee (splashed). Thank god it's Friday! Have a good day everyone!

I'm packing a couple pipes and more PS LTF for work. I'm also bringing along some Dunhill Royal Yacht, for after work activities.

Jack Wagon, jhguthlac, dBear and 13 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cheese whiz, I been awake for awhile and decided to finally get up and read what you all had to say as the pun-ism's hours waned but thus far I've had Plum Cake in the Irving Cobb cob a tall china mug black and strong and have read the pilings on from 4 forums, all I got to say is youse is all off yer Wheaties! Good morning PSFer's......

4. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

It's been a few days since I have had a pipe. The rain, thunder and lightning came today and I thought I would sit out and relax with my pipe and a bowl of Black Cav. from Smoke n' Sticks. It's one of the house blends.

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

The Bear says "call that a Tamper :thdn: this is a Tamper :thu:"
    [​IMG]

Germain's Special Latakia Flake in the reamed, Freak Briar,
    [​IMG]
    it was time for the Rodgers pipe knife, more tobacco in = longer smoke

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm starting the day off with the Chief's Princes Street in my Davorin Morta Bent Half Tulip with black coffee on my early ride into work.
    Happy Friday Smoking,
    Paul

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well went out for a starter on the MM Diplomat with AoTM and will finish it later did grab another china mug strong and black,

I see jpberg was lamenting the early event of apple blossoms in his neck of the world this would signal the arrival of the Baltimore Orioles (the birds JimInks put the box scores down) but we lost over 10,000 trees 3 years ago here in town to a micro-burst and all the apple trees in the immediate area were lost, 5 days ago our lawns were white with frost and my peach tree is about to go full bloom today.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Ah, retired are we? I love it, when I worked there were two days to the week Monday's and the weekend and it often took 25 Mondays in a row to see a weekend now I have to look at an appointment calender to find out which medical facility I need to be at! :old:

9. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Black House, in a blasted freehand, for the TGIF smoke.

10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

TGIF. Morning all. No pipe this morning just coffee and E-cig. I'll catch up on breaks at work and at lunch with SWR in an old CG. Planning to have a bowl or two with Piper Mike tomorrow. He scored a bulldog I'd like to see up close. Have a great day all.

11. krusty

krusty Active Member

Oho then!
    The name Pug certainly caught my attention, wasn't familiar with it. I'd say that is a great description Atom, thanks!

12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning. Kendal Kentucky in Mr. Erwin's Egg Nose Warmer. Coffee, hot and black. Let's get this party started.

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Friday smokers

Coffee + a hot burning shag in rock cob

time to cart the grandkids off to school :th1:

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Next up, Plumcake in the Lovat. This pipe just keeps on going.

The ash-stirring technique is something most pipe smokers don't about. At least I didn't for my first 44 years. And it's a true pearl of pipe smoking wisdom. A briar can be smoked repeatedly with good flavor if used correctly. Extremely handy if you're stuck somewhere with just a single pipe.

Once you've reached the end of the bowl and there's a half-inch layer of dottle at the bottom, just lightly probe it 3-4 times with the pick on your 3-way pipe tool to break up the dottle. And then lightly stir it 3-4 times to let the fine gray ash fall to the bottom of the bowl. Rapping the bowl gently with your knuckle will also help this.

Let sit for 15 minutes so that the ash can absorb the remaining moisture. Emptying will then be as easy as inverting the pipe over an ash tray. The ash will fall out mostly on its own, or by lightly rapping the bowl with your knuckle. Then run a pipe cleaner in and out, blow through the stem to clear any remaining dust, and you're set for the next load.

Undoubtedly there are going to be some pinkie lifters out there who disapprove of this technique. But I'm telling you, it works. And it also builds a solid heel cake without having to smoke to the last crumb. Peace.

And have a great Friday, my fellow pipe smokers.

15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good morning... Carter Hall, Cob, Coffee...

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Add a topping of Anni Kake, AJ's Vapers, Kajun Kake, Latakia Flake or Kendal Plug to your Plum Cake and there will be no dottle nor will your smoking pleasure suffer it will be enhanced.

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning All. Happy TGIF to those working stiffs that look forward to it. I salute you for keeping the cogs rolling! Starting off this day with an interesting little blend of a base of PA sprinkled with G&H Cherry Vanilla with an added pinch of lat. Sipping on black pg tips tea.

19. krusty

krusty Active Member

Kendal's Kentucky in a cob.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the Astas billiard, Italian style coffee on the side. A breakfast to raise the dead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.