What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquidblue4

Liquidblue4 Member

Finally got around to smoking a bowl of Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice. Brace yourself...
    This stuff is certainly not good (Read: awful). Tastes and smells like crap (no offense to those who like it). Tropical Fruit, Maple, Vanilla, and Rum? Maybe in the tin... however, the smoke tastes and smells EXACTLY like cheap gas station Zig Zag or Phillies Peach Cigars in every way, and I definitely didn't like those. I picked this up for a friend, but now I feel bad about it. If i'm going to have an aromatic I think I'll stick to Sutliff Molto Dolce.

[​IMG]

2. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Thanks for the tip. You gave a glowing report of the Anni-Plumcake mix earlier this week, and I made a definite note to try it. Perique can do amazing things to blends, so that's high up on my to-smoke list.

I never seem to get wet dottle from MB blends, just a fraction of dry gray ash with maybe a few crusty bits at the very bottom. Also, the Lovat hasn't yet developed a single drop of condensation. Which seems amazing after five smokes in the last 24 hours.

Melange in a Meerschaum ...

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I played around a bit with a judicious hand by setting a pinch of St James Perique atop the Plum Cake then added AJ's Vapers I believe it was and while the Perique did give a hint while smoking when you hit it if was as nice as when you smoke roles with Perique in their center, so this is sort of the poor mans version of rolls and it can go with plenty of blends especially an aromatic which may prove less than smokable. I also found if you have a pipe that you have smoked a Lakeland tobacco in it can ghost or linger but by smoking Plum Cake with Anni Kake as a topper the Lakeland taste vanishes, this is a good thing to try on a pipe you might have that has been dedicated to Lakeland's to see if you get the sames results, I personally don't mind a bit of Lakeland note as it surfaces toward the bottom and lets me know the smoke is just about over but to each his, or her, own. ;)

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Indeed I did. Seeing how simple it was, I immediately tried it out. There's no doubt about it: Ralf has the best instructional videos on pipe smoking out there on the net. Full of jewels even a codger can learn from.

Still Melange in a Meerschaum ...

5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

In celebration of Friday's arrival...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hardcastle. Going walkabout.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I take it they don't work, damn and here I thought you'd be able to see things better in stereo even. Were they able to fix you up with the Bluetooth? I still have no clue where I put that damn power supply but doubt it will be more than $65, it's only a 5 volt supply and you can tether it to your cell phone if it has Bluetooth capabilities and answer and end calls just by touching the button on the unit. Put some of your best music on and tell me how much you HATE it! :csmile:

7. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Yep, she showed me how to connect to Bluetooth devices. And she will be able to get me a power cord if I can't find another one. So no worries at all.

Yep, I'm full of HATE today!!! Just resentment and bitterness!!! And I think I'll go take it out on some music right now!!!

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

kind of forgot about my briar wood POD

so i think i will try it out again

103_1481.JPG

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Catching up on the news on the BBC, and smoking Dunbar in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. I find it fascinating what different countries consider news. The XM has a channel that gives news from different countries every half hour, though it's the BBC on television I'm watching at the moment. I also find it interesting to compare the BBC-TV news to the BBC on the XM.

10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

British Bull:poop: Corp it's all stadged propaganda, pap for the masses - Problem Reaction Solution
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wicker mix in a Jambo meer
    [​IMG]

11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Photo of the tin contents or it's a prop and you were smoking C+H

12. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing up the smoldering remains of last nights pondering's in the baby SMS Meer, then on to something else shortly

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

surlysoul, Jack Wagon, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I can vouch for the contents.

surlysoul, Jack Wagon, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  15. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Hamborger Veermaster in a BST bent brandy

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Counterfeit Penzance then from Dwaugh PLC

surlysoul, Jack Wagon, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

How do you get your news that you can trust? I'd also like to know why you feel as you do about the BBC. Feel free to privately message me if you prefer.

18. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

Enjoying "Legacy" in my 1969 Dunhill Bruyere Lovet, with a cup of Stewart Private Blend coffee. It's not hot today.

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, I need some cigar ash to have some on hand to mud up a few pipes so I'm heading out to have a Montecristo from Cuba and see if I can hear any music "Oh wait, I hear.... Indiana wants me lord I can't go back there..."

20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Its too late in the day, or too early for the nightshirt, so I will just stick with the Nightcap in a Vintage Dr G Duke, straight Bulldog.
    This one is almost black on its finish, I keep thinking about stripping it down to bare briar and get some color back.
    From the 60's or maybe older, no clue on age, but I have been in its vicinity since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.