What Are You Smoking? May, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Not a problem they are all in the same place a storm drain across the road from my house I can show you via Google Earth if you want! :poke:

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Here's another butt for you to collect: :moon:

3. JimInks

Now smoking Virginia Spice in a 1979 pebble relief Verona Corallo 3080 natural Oom Paul. Drinking Trader Joe's Unfiltered Grape Juice.

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 14 others like this.
  4. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Oh ok, I've heard of pipe mud before but didn't know for sure, thanks Banjo! :)

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

That's ok:(, probably a little wetter than I can use, by then it should be good for making tobacco paper though

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  6. Thuber88

Just for that, I am going to feed the St Bernard some generic white label food, then see how that warehouse smells..:rolleyes:

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Uh oh, I'm running a bit low on CH and the grocery store was out of stock yesterday :doh:
    Think I'll have to hit the 5100 and SWR a bit harder today. Can't run out of CH, that simply won't do.

So then, 5100 Red Cake is being packed for my next pipe. It does burn nice and slow so it should last me a good hour or so :puffy:
    [Note to self: Acquire CH asap and by any means]

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Man, I got to be extra careful, I've been responding to a PM about a bamboo rod found, information on bamboo shank pipes, one of the stories in my book, responding to a sale on email and everything else going one I'm beginning to multitask again but don't want to stay on Prednisone to be able to do it, if I start answering bamboo rod questions here you can be sure some poor soul on the bamboo rod forum is looking at my AoTM photo or the kitten with the headphones! :brhat:

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 11 others like this.
  9. JimInks

The Saint Bernard is very picky about his food. Everything goes through his official taste tester, Mr. Wooly, before it gets to him.

10. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

0nly 385 more post to go and Ill be caught up, I work for 3 days and miss too much, I am gonna have to do somethin' about that!

Last 3 days have had non-smokers in the truck, so I didn't even bother to take a pipe along, Courtesy is way overrated. Long days.:mad:

Smoking some Black Lung in the MM Legend now, back home till sun morning. :puffy:

Life Is Good....Happy to be livin' in it with y'all. Keep the painted side up, between the lines, and have a good weekend when you get to it.

surlysoul, Morse, cobbsmoker and 14 others like this.
  11. Thuber88

Mr Wooly can be dealt with, oh yesss.
    Maybe some Beefarino would be good, it seems to work well on horses.:p:

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well decided the Cutty (which is part of Dunhill's Quaint Series I found out) needed some Kake, Kajun style............

[​IMG]

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 17 others like this.
  13. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

@ Fishnbanjo: I did not know Dunhill make the Cutty shape. It is gorgeous!

I'll smoke to that with some

[​IMG]

in my Sener

[​IMG]

Happy puffing everyone! [​IMG]

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 15 others like this.
  14. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

@fishnbanjo your camp is amazing, sorry to hear you ain't been able to get there in a while. I used to live in the mt. Washington valley in nh and I loved waking up to the white mountains every day. Also sorry to hear about the influx of folks from away over the summer but maybe we'll get lucky and the new taxes they're looking at will scare most of em off.

That tamper folks was wondering about was a mini mace from the looks of it. The original version was designed to penetrate old school armor.

I finally caught up after not looking at this since Tuesday. Been smoking English house blend in the mm cg and mm diplomat, I'm at work now so in the last 9 hours about 3 ryo cigs is all I've smoked today.

Really gotta figure out a few folks to send samples of this house blend to and get some comparisons, for $38 an ounce I could probably find it cheaper online. If you've smoked a fair amount of English blends go ahead and hit me up, I could probably send out a few bowl fulls to 3 or 4 people who can tell me what the closest bulk blend would be.

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  15. JimInks

I just spoke to Mr. Wooly. He is not fond of you right now. He said, and I quote, "What do you expect from a guy like Thuber who smokes butt?"

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I also found out in my research they made it with a churchwarden stem as well wonder if it would be worthwhile in trying to get one from Pipeworks & Wilke since they do original Dunhill stems for $65 and it would be bad-ass to have it as both as is and a churchwarden!

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening gents,
    I'm just to about to fire up the first bowl for today - HU's Director's Cut in the Tinsky while trying to figure out where I possibly could get the money from, to purchase this awesome Pete Supreme jdto wants to sell....

[​IMG]

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 12 others like this.
  18. Thuber88

I have moved onto yet still more Nightcap in the Bent Viking with bowl #1 on it.
    Maybe if one of my pipes smells like a$$ it would be good to smoke butts in?:p:

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  19. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Experiment thus far: Beethoven still good. Mussorgsky ditto. My namesake? Terrific. So the hearing aids have NOT ruined my life.;)

Jack Wagon, surlysoul, Morse and 13 others like this.
  20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Bull Run in my Rekamepip maple tank. Finishing up the coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.