What Are You Smoking? November, 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a Peterson 80S. Interesting flavour this morning. Perhaps it's just the Eau de ChainsawBarOil, that's permeated my coat.
    -2C(28F)H78%

2. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

TQ in a cob. Earl Grey tea.

TedVig likes this.
  3. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

ABF in a Fischer's saddle blasted billiard

TedVig, Smokingmiami and JimInks like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

On the heels of breaking out my old Dr. Grabow earlier this morning, I decided to pull out another neglected pipe for a bowl of Amphora Red. This time it's a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple, which has always given me a good, comfortable smoke.

jpberg, Morse and TedVig like this.
  5. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Finished yesterday's busy exploits with a ramble along the railroad, snorking Grampa's Blend in my Eriksen Rusticated Sitter. This morning it will be Brigadier Black Gettysburg in a cob. This afternoon and evening... who knows? I'm expecting a parcel from Boswell's :)

beammeuptothesky, jpberg and Morse like this.
  6. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

So far this Saturday I've had two bowls of EMG and two of CH. Its going to be one of those days!

Artistik likes this.
  7. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Sunset breeze in a Pete system 31.

Morse and ruffinogold like this.
  8. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

MacBaren Club blend in a Weber Lovat. Great blend.

Stormy, JimInks and OldSouled65 like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Been wanting to try this tobacco for long time

104_3105.JPG

10. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good (Barely) Afternoon,

We've had just a lovely week of weather here, 73F on Monday, then reality set in and it's been highs in the 40's and lows in high teens. Just stellar though, nothing but sunshine and wide open starry skies all week, just about as good as it gets.

On the good as it gets note, I just finished a blasted Squatch full of Rich Dark Flake - I know that tastes are fickle, but RDF may be the best (available) blend I've ever smoked.

11. JimInks

Just lit up a bowl of Dorchester in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. Haven't smoked this one lately either.

12. olddog

olddog Member

This morning I mixed together some leftovers in roughly equal amounts; a little Dorchester, a little "Smoker's Pride" black cavendish, and some McClelland blending latakia (Cyprian) (which came in the mail today along with some McConnell blending Syrian.) The mixture didn't explode which is a good thing, but still I haven't made up my mind whether it was worth the effort. I'll let it sit a while.

Dave Dueck and highstump like this.
  13. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Solani Silver Flake in an Ardor Volcano.

Rewster66, ruffinogold and Po Lazarus like this.
  14. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Took H&H Distinguished Penguin in a new MM Legend for the errands, then loaded up the old H&B Cobb with Beverwyck to take the dog around the park.

15. highstump

highstump Active Member

Raining here too, what are the odds? Irish Oak in a Stanwell poker and Maxwell House on the side.

jpberg and krusty like this.
  16. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I've been meaning to grab 4-6oz of blending latakia and put it in a mix with a bag of either either Smoker's Price BC (which I enjoy) or Super Value Chocolate (which I haven't yet tried). Methinks that would make a tasty blend.

17. JimInks

Now smoking the current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03.

18. olddog

olddog Member

Dave, I hope you do order them. It is a lot of fun, and maybe a way to salvage a few blends. I had thought the Perique in the Dorchester might be enough to take a little edge off off the Cyprian, but the mix was still slightly bitter which is why I added the cavendish to sweeten it a little. Now I've added a pinch of the Syrian also (idle hands are the devil's playthings!) to "exotic" it up. Haven't tried the new recipe yet.

Dave Dueck likes this.
  19. Spam

Spam Member

Just finished up a bowl of Ogdens Walnut in my Parker bent bulldog. Went for the air pocket method and was rewarded with nary a gurgle. This pipe generally smokes as wet a fish. I think extra drying time and the air pocket method is the way forwards. WOO.

20. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Loaded up the short MM General with C&D Gentleman Caller for more out-n-about errands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.