1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Happy Birthday Inky! Heading to the porch mug of black coffee in hand, the GBD Prehistoric pot loaded with Dark Va Flake.

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

+10, Happy Birthday Inky. bdpbdp

3. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Red Cake (2004) in a BST Pot.

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning All. Smoking some Bayou Morning in a Falcon. Got a hot mug of PG tips sitting here to sip on, too. Gotta go get some groceries this morning, been slow going. 27 with snow on the ground.

5. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Happy birthday Inkybat.

Man what a difference a day makes, yesterday i sat on the porch and smoked a cigar, today it's about 38 according to my thermometer and a stiff north wind, the weather gal is saying this may be the high for the day, overcast and looks like it could start raining any minute.

I just finished a bowl of Proper English in a Larson prince, and drying some OGS for my Sav dry system for the next smoke, lots of coffee and thanking my wife for the 1000th time for allowing pipe smoking in the house. :puffy:

6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Happy B-Day Inkybat!! I hope you have a great one :)

Just packed some Sir Walter Raleigh in a Georgetown briar (my only briar). A bit of a deeper bowl than my cobs (love my cobs though)

7. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Happy birthday inkybat! In your honor I'll be using the word "eh" all day today.

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks guys!

9. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Me Mum, Susi and daughter #1; strong, independent, professional women all. I sure miss messing with the first two. After the burley infusion, I thought I might try some Larry's Blend (P#C) in a Velani billiard. This tobacco has been stewing for about 18 months, as the fist exposure didn't work out so well. We were visited, here on the south shore of Lake Erie, with three inches of heavy, tree ripping Michigan snow. Is snow good for deer hunting Eric? (good luck). :bday:inky bat. Good morning, Good people.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Ah, The Dutchman! Smoked a lot of that back during Nam. Was about the only thing I could get, then. It smoked very good at the time and smelled great. I've heard that now its become a different animal and will bite you before you get it open. Hows it doing for you?

11. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Sorry YAPPG, I have not had any in decades.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Inkybat!!! Okay, I said it. Where's my bribe!!!!! :laff:

Have a great day, buddy!

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention I'm now smoking Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. And getting a glass of Simply Orange to drink.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

15. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

GLP Cairo in a Sav Trevi.

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks guys!

Jim, the canoe is loaded up with your favorite blend...

17. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Hey Happy Birthday Inkybat! Hope your day is filled with the most enjoyable bowls! :bday:

18. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Happy Birthday Inkybat!

Yesterday it was upwards to 70 degrees, today the high is about 51 with a low of 27 tonight. Tomorrow will be even more cold. Carter Hall and black coffee on this chilly morning.

19. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I think snow is good for a few reasons. One a moving deer sticks out like a sore thumb against a white backdrop. The other reason is that tracking a deer is pretty easy when there is snow on the ground as Blood also sticks out well against a white backdrop. Deer also seem to move more in colder weather, so if snow is on the ground it is safe to say it is cold. What I don't like about hunting in the snow, is when it is falling on me while hunting, because I have to constantly brush it off my weapon and the stuff that lands on me eventually melts and gets me wet. Overall, I will hunt in any weather. The worst thing for me is wind. Not only do I rarely see deer, it makes my pipe burn hot and fast.

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I was out smoking with a wind cap today, which I never do, but the pipe did smoke less hot and lasted longer. 2 bucks at 4Noggins or the BandM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.