1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Troost special cavendish in a large maple dublin and some hot chocolate. Kicking back after working on pipes for most of the day.

2. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

3. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Heinrich's golden in my Thile lovat

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Forget that ... I rolled a cigarette instead :eek: .... Man , that was cold out there

5. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Watched it a month or so ago. It was interesting. photography and visual effects were great, but not my preferred movie genre.

6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Lane BCA in a smooth Cavicchi Bent Dublin ...

[​IMG]

I'm of the view that there are good points in just about every pipe tobacco. But BCA makes only a rare appearance in my pipes. Instead they favor non-aromatics, particularly straight Virginia flakes and VaPers.

The overly moist feel--and somewhat chemical smell--of BCA was a turn off at first. But it's good to be honest: stare weak points in the face, and just deal with them. So I threw a clump of this tobacco on the lamp for 8 minutes to crisp it up a bit. Big improvement. Took the edge off the smell too.

The initial flavor wasn't too promising ... too artificial for my liking, but I'm spoiled by a steady diet of Virginia. So I kept at it.

After 15 minutes the smoke was quite good. A pleasing aftertaste developed on the back of the tongue, along with a mild astringency that kept the palate eager. And the pastry aroma that spread through the house was an added bonus. I can see why people get addicted to it.

The biggest surprise was the burn: absolutely no gurgling or condensation, and the ash was completely dry, gray, and fine. However, the snork from this presumably Burley tobacco can't even begin to rival the soft, fragrant, mellow notes from a good Virginia. But then again, no single tobacco can be everything.

On balance I find BCA to be an attractive, refreshing change of pace.

Eric Pierson, dBear, SidZiff and 20 others like this.
  7. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

It's a chilly one tonight here in Toronto. Definitely below freezing, which promoted me to break out the winter coat for this evening' sojourn on the balcony. I've got Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in the Julius Vesz Dublin.

[​IMG]

dBear, SidZiff, fishnbanjo and 20 others like this.
  8. moosecop

moosecop Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

ERIC, yea that bast..d was tearing up around my trees too.. and I got a shot at him before he ran off.. hope you can get him....I gotta work...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  9. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Hey! I eat flies! Good for the neighborhood...

10. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Happy Birthday inkybat.

I have been pretty busy lately and I am realizing there is no way I can keep up with this thread, but I am going to give a shot while smoking some Rum Flake in a MM Diplomat with a forever stem.

11. Codger

Codger Member

Last pipe of the night... Mc 5100 in a Dr. G Starfire bulldog while I watch Chapter 11 of "The Purple Monster Strikes".

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just about to light up a bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with our li'l iceberg buddies is my drink. Stormy's saving some of his water because it's just a light rain outside. Guess he's being very conservative tonight.

13. Charles

Charles Member

Having a cup of hot Gluhwein, W.E.Garrett Scotch shoveled into my nose, and some MacB Plumcake in a bent Viking Classic. My first "real pipe"

14. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Inkybat!

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks guys! It's been a great day.

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Astas billiard. Medium Black Bogie in the bottom, Kendal Dark in the top. I'm down to the bogie, now. I think it's making the walls breathe...this is potent stuff :ohyh:

dBear, fishnbanjo, Lucky Duck and 9 others like this.
  17. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

GLP Caravan in a Dunhill shell billiard, sippin Buffalo Trace

18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Some Pirate Kake in the Torben Dansk. Perfect smoke for a cold night. Have a swell night all!

19. Charles

Charles Member

More Gluhwein, and a refill of Plumcake and in ready for round 2

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Hello All,
    I'm so far behind in this thread that I'll never catch up and give all the "likes" that are deserved. I have read all the posts but due to the long time it takes to give a like with this damned phone, it just isn't gonna happen. Bummer! Well, here's one big LIKE for all!
    Now, here's what I'm smokin'. I'm continuing my Steven Books binge. With his Canadian Maple, this time in a SaV Opera Billiard. Fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea to quench my thirst. Optimum chilling is being done by high end Li'l floaty icebergs that were ordered from the Inks Ice Works Co. Jim's Saint Bernard made the delivery and was rewarded with a double High Ball as his tip. I just worry for the poor boy's health! He sure can drink! I think he has hollow legs!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    jdto, PyrateMate, fishnbanjo and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.