1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I need to get some of those. The winter wind is beginning to pick up. I like to smoke when I'm outside playing with Teddi (my dog-ter) and with this wind, the pipe is finished in only a couple of minutes.

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

My new Dr. Grabow pipes arrived yesterday (I just ordered them Saturday). Smoked the Omega last night and again this morning. Smoked Carter Hall each time. Man did it taste good! In fact, that is the reason I skipped EMP this morning and just smoked the CH>

3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

They are so cheap and are pretty easy to find, I like to have a few on hand because it's the kind of thing I'd lose given the chance. I live right on the Lake here and the wind blows really hard, you can see the pipe being smoked by the wind!

jhguthlac, jdto, sillyoldbear and 8 others like this.
  4. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Yesterday's slush frozen in a crunchy moonscape this morning, calling for some PA in a cobwarden. Good morning, Good people.

jdto, sillyoldbear, SidZiff and 19 others like this.
  5. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Been in a tree for three hours and haven't seen a thing, but did have a bird land on my bow. That was a first. Anyway I brought my Roma with me and some erinmore flake only had one bowl so far but getting ready to pack another one.

Perfect snow cover about two inches. 20 degrees and little wind. Enjoyable morning but I need to see some deer.

dBear, jdto, sillyoldbear and 18 others like this.
  6. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

MB latakia blends in a Ben Wade with coffee. Lots and lots and lots of coffee... Good morning!

7. critter

critter Member

dane egg full of bayou slice with strong coffee and cream, really liking this bayou slice

8. craig

craig Active Member

Good afternoon gentlemen i have retreated to smokeys bazaar with some english breakfast tea and a nice large bowl of borkum riff bourbon.
    I find my new retreat is perfect i still get to hear nature without the wind blowing my tobacco all over and getting cold and it allows me to be truely alone with my thoughts (yeah im a loner haha)

9. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

As is typical of most mornings, I'm smoking CH in a MM Spoolcob and drinking lots of coffee. It's round about 30 degrees out right now and not getting much warmer.

10. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Coopvaert in a rockcob

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy was laying on my feet when I awoke this morning, and was happy to see me simply glide out of bed :confused: with the joyous energy :confused: of a loving daddy :) who just couldn't wait to go and feed her. :rolleyes: I really didn't mind of course, but if I wrote the truth, I wouldn't have had a decent first post of the day. As for my smoke, I'm giving a new-to-me blend a try: C&D White Burley in a 1980 three quarter bend briar Butz-Choquin 55 skull bowl pipe. M'lady isn't overly crazy about the sharpness of the smell, but I'm kinda liking it.

12. JimInks

Actually, we have no fleas here because Suzy and Molly are strictly indoor cats. Knowing Molly's penchant for attacking any and everything that moves, I'd hate to see her spend all day trying to get every flea that came her way. I'd probably start feeling sorry for the fleas.

13. JimInks

I live on the East Coast, slacker!!!! But I'm more than happy to be a good role model for you. :cool: Probably elevate your social standing in your local community, and get you elected for town Mayor. :laff:

dBear, PyrateMate, jdto and 13 others like this.
  14. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

After making scrambled eggs for the boy and myself my after breakfast smoke was Presbyterian in the Torben Dansk with loads of French press coffee.

Presbyterian has become my current first smoke of the day, enough flavour and complexity to be satisfying but not a heavy smoke at all.

15. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

The thermometer in the kitchen window said it was 19 degrees at 5:15 this morning. I went out to the truck without shoes to get my pouch of Frog Morton and can in fact verify that it felt like 19 degrees. Loaded a Ferndown full of Frog Morton and proceeded to warm up before the family stirred.

For the rest of the day it'll be Mac Baren Golden Extra in a Stanwell Golden Danish 52 and office coffee.

dBear, jdto, sillyoldbear and 13 others like this.
  16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

You just don't sleep! You're a vampire!

dBear, PyrateMate, p120d16y and 13 others like this.
  17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Aged Ennerdale in
    a Genoa bowl. As
    Artistik mentioned
    earlier, high winds
    are rolling over
    all of Florida today.
    Slightly chilly as well
    So I may have to bundle
    Up as I throw some
    wood chips a little later.

18. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

Dadgummit. I opened the tin of Golden Extra and there was maybe enough for a 1/4 bowl. In that case it'll be PS Balkan Supreme in a Ferndown.

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

You guys have shoes down there now?

dBear, p120d16y, sillyoldbear and 8 others like this.
  20. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

All mods are online at the moment ... what does it mean :eek: .. :beck:

I am going outside to suffer a bowl od SWR in a Kaywoodie 12b Bulldog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.