What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Evening all! It's chilly in the man cave tonight. Burning some Irish Oak in the Zavvos horn to keep warm!

2. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Warming up nicely today. Taking a mid-day break at work with some Mac B Ready Rubbed Vanilla in a Mini Bent Bulldog outside standing next to the idle air conditioners. Nice to not have that exhaust air blowing around you and the quiet is nice. Thinking about what to smoke tonight...

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Haven't a clue and would not want to meet up with it in an unlit alley! :confused:

Congrats to Lucky Duck on 2K always look forward to the Early Morning Duck Report! :D Also congrats to BernardLerring on 1K posts.

ivIG went well, got home and had 5 PRM's in a row then settled in and has 3 bowls of 965 in cobs since 2 lbs were waiting for me at the front door. Hello out there PSFer's!
    Now for more coffee and 965! :byg:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listing my next smoke a few minutes early: CD Blend in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule. Now, back to work and old radio shows.

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Well, the C&D trip was a bust. The lady I spoke to on the phone said that they just had far too much going on this week to be able to give me a proper tour. Completely understandable. I'll just have to make another trip up :byg:

We went antique store hunting instead, and while I didn't buy anything, I took quite a few pictures. I'll be starting a thread shortly.

For now, I'm smoking GLP Sextant tin date 12-10-12 in my Basil Meadows "Smoke anything perfectly" pipe. Getting ready to grab a couple cobs, our go bag, and some waders, and go wander through some creeks looking for arrow heads. See y'all soon.

6. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Hey guys found a tree with a strong enough signal to post. Haven't been able to keep up out here as simply liking someone's comment cost me a lot o battery.

Had a good morning and almost put the drop down on a doe that came close 40 min before sunrise, but she never gave me a clear shot. Anyway, last day with a bow and then it is time to stretch the firing range. Been smoking a lot brought a good 10 to 12 blends with me. Right now I have c&d super Balkan and my dry Oscar.

Catch you guys later.

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

SWRA in a cob after a little nap :puffy: Coffee on the side.

(By the way, I usually only go back a page or two at a time to catch up and "like" posts...I swear, it's nothing personal!) :)

8. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Now smoking Connoisseur's Choice in my Flogglewerks hobbit pipe!

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Is that a clay or briar churchwarden?

10. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Interesting and not altogether unpleasant mix of Paladin ( hear me out) and SG Black Cherry. In a Diplomat with French Coffee, black.

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, yeah. LippyDuck, YappyG and BickerMan - buncha blabbermouths.

Work put me off schedule, but I'm caught back up (no thanks to the blabbermouths) and smoking Uhle's #71, this month's 2T/2M thread blend, in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. Have a grumpy day!

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Heading out to a meeting and leaving a bit early so I can hang out in the car once I get there to finish the bowl of London Burley I pack into the Granito Vera Radica. After I'll be running over to the b&m for my shipment. Yahoo!

13. phinz

phinz Active Member

Haddo's Delight in the little mini meer my wife picked up for me at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. Still trying to get something written. I feel lazy.

14. zappano

zappano Member

just burn down a bowl Richmonds Navy Flake in MuD
    [​IMG]

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Good News :) and Bad :(
    first the Good took the second block out of the White Oak Mold, that's the one under compression
    [​IMG]
    the Casing mix was made with Brecon Gin and I poured a shot on top before putting on the White Oak lid and Jacking
    [​IMG]
    Wow ! don't know if it's the Juniper berries, Orange peel, Liquorice root, Cinnamon bark, Nutmeg, Corriander seeds, Lemon peel or the Orris root but it shure smells Earthy
    far stronger than with the same Casing made with Grant's whiskey :th1: dried some out on the Lamp and smoked in the Jambo Meer. Superb lots and lots of rich dark earthy flavour
    [​IMG]
    the Bad news will be a post in the Growing Log in 1/2 hour or so :whis:

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

17. dying breed

dying breed Member

Had to run in at 0300 so treated myself to a cob of SWRA on the drive to ease the pain. Home after noon and relaxin with some ODF in a Pete Dublin. Ahhhh

18. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Back in from the shop.....dinner out tonight. Time for some Patriot Flake in a rustic apple Cavalier.

19. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Love the Norse band on that pipe!

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Having a bowl of HU Louisiana Broken in a bulldog-shaped Stanwell BR 34. It is stamped Rhodesian - but it's a bulldog. :msty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.