What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

As the evening progresses, I'm smoking Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip Crowley's Ridge red rock pipe. Still got the room temperature, now somewhat flat generic cola riding shotgun. (Well, maybe BB gun.)

Miller319, nicktrap, YAPPG and 22 others like this.
  2. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I just read some reviews of that Classic Burley Kake...that sounds like it might need to be the next stop on my burley journey.

Miller319, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 12 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been working and just finished smoking C&D White Burley in a 1980 three quarter bend briar Butz-Choquin 55 skull bowl pipe. Going for a new smoke and drink.

Miller319, nicktrap, YAPPG and 18 others like this.
  4. dBear

dBear Active Member

I highly recommend it. Very flavorful and a real easy smoke.

Miller319, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 12 others like this.
  5. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

I manages to smoke a pipe I finished cleaning. It worked very well. So, I smoked some some long cut virginia out of my Krona. First time I smoked some of this virginia as it's from a somewhat local cigar shop. It's was pretty good.

nicktrap, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 20 others like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

King T! Haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to see you smoking! :)

7. JimInks

I'm now smoking MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. And going back to work for more ice water and icebergs.

8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Warm with some cloud around in Pretoria this morning. Waiting on some urgent work I need to have done today. Busy time of year in our little business. Busy is good though. FVF in a little GBD New Era.

[​IMG]

jdto, SidZiff, dBear and 20 others like this.
  9. JimInks

I'm listing my next smoke a few minutes early: Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021. It'll be my last smoke of the evening, so when the smoke is done, so is my work for the day.

Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 17 others like this.
  10. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Capstan (blue tin) in my favourite Zavvos rhodesian. PG Tips. On my balcony. It´s been a busy week. Much work and I´ve been making plans for this weekends fishing adventures. Decided on which pipes and what tobacco to pack, among other things.

11. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Having brewed some unusually strong ground coffee and stuck it in the usual bucket, I've finally given into temptation and cracked open the Maltese Falcon and bunged it in the Pete Killarney. Yum yum!!!

Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 18 others like this.
  12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Friday Mac Baren Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking Classic ...

This reminds me of OTC classics like Blue Boar from the 60's. A fragrant satisfying smoke with the occasional unmistakable whiff of latakia.

Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 18 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into another bowl of Maltese Falcon in the Pete Killarney with another bucketful of coffee on the go. Time to go for a jaunt around Skyrim and get some fresh air.

SidStavros, dBear, nicktrap and 16 others like this.
  14. sonarman

sonarman Member

Kickin Chicken in a Santabrogio! Very happy with this blend, strong with a sweet kick here and there.
    Duty today and a long work day tomorrow. I stopped by Dunkin Doughnuts to pick up some coffee since I lost a bet with my Senior Chief and a great patriot picked up the tab. Very nice. Go out and get it today Brothers!

dBear, nicktrap, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Friday,

Much warmer this morning, 43F, and still dry. Terribly pretty sky.

I rolled a Brown Flake up and jammed it in a Radice this morning, it might still be going when I pull it out of my jacket pocket this afternoon.

Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 15 others like this.
  16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning all! It's almost time to head to the warehouse. I didn't want to get out of bed today. It's Friday though, lets do this! I've started the day with an old reliable, Peter Stockabye Luxury Navy Flake in my MM Spool. Of course lbm #1 is by my left hand part of the time, in it the other part of the time. Have a great Friday, everyone! Puff on!

SidStavros, Miller319, dBear and 19 others like this.
  17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Memory surface thanks CaptBeefheart :toast:
    going back 25+ years I used to meet up with a bunch of guys Sunday morning for clay pigeon shooting, after we’d meet our wives in the Pub for dinner, we’re all at the bar and a little (sits on a cushion to drive his big flash car) but big ego, financial adviser guy walks in and my wife Brenda gets introduced to him, a few nights earlier he’d been saying that there was an awful smell of Garlic in the pub, so Brenda says ‘hello’ - you don’t like Garlic do you ? He gave Brenda an icy stare and said “I don’t like Garlic and I don’t like Loud Mouthed Women” and started to take a drink from his pint, he never made it Brenda landed a perfect Right Hook just under his chin, knocked him off his buffet beer all over him, round of applause from the wives ‘he needed taking down off his high horse’ was the consensus, he got up and slunk out. Happy Days
    Teddy’s York-Shire Tobacco Jambo Meer.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 17 others like this.
  18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

are you shure it's not a cork on a string gun ?
    [​IMG]

jdto, dBear, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  19. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Legends, in a bent and blasted Dublin for the TGIF smoke.

Miller319, dBear, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  20. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

McClelland 3 Cherry in a Barling 4039 w/ coffee. Hoping the brown truck shows up today so I can have even more open stuff.

dBear, nicktrap, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.