What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

...and now it isn't. (Sarry, Sir Horry - I mean sorry, Sir Harry). It's just gone out, after 1 hour 33 minutes.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

I knew from the start that SteveH was a real two-fisted smoker.

Finished up work! Unwinding with a bowl of Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley in the Kaywoodie PSF POY.

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good Friday evening PSFers! I'm off work, now just one more piece of business to take care of tonight and my weekend will be on. I've got to meet some people a 7:00, left work at 5:00. I don't want to drive all the way home, just to turn around and drive all the way back over here. Maybe I'll catch up on some sleep after I catch up on this thread. I'm smoking Sutliff's Bosphorus Cruise in my DGE Brier Nose-warmer. Orange Crush is my drink. Puff on!

4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

cheers back Steve
    [​IMG]

5. Atom

Atom Member

Very true! Ive found that same dark chocolate/cocoa flavor as well from Golden Extra. And I've tasted that when I smoke PA very slowly. CH and SWR lean towards the sweet Burley taste. The only way I can think of describing the difference would be CH-white sugar and SWR-brown sugar. I'll be interested in what you think, so please keep posting!

SWR in a Seconds by GBD bulldog. Oh yeah that hits the spot, this pipe is for Burley!

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe of the night was 965 in a cob, duh, Hot Cocoa in a huge China Mug. Hope everyone gets in a good nights puffing since we know the night crew won't. :laff:
    Good Night Mrs. Calabash, the train has left the station you poor old soul you! See you all in maybe 4 if there's some :blah::blah::blah: :ngty:

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 20 others like this.
  7. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

PA in a cob to end the work week. IU about to tip-off. Later, a couple of firsts, Stokkebye Highland Whiskey in a GBD Conquest Century. Love the smell of the HW in the bag. It's whiskey - What's not to like? Hope it smokes true to form. Sure I'll like the pipe as soon as I get it figured out. Coffee now, switching to ice tea after.

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 18 others like this.
  8. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

TGIF.

McB Club Blend in the Dr. G. Cardinal billiard with a ridiculously delicious glass of Farnum Hill (Lebanon N.H.) Hard Cider on the side.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

You know what they say: Candy is dandy, but Wicker is quicker.

Speaking of quicker, I better finish this pipe of LNF cause I have packing to do! These steelhead are going to be tough to catch if I don't have my rod and reel in order.

10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

You've some room to talk :old:
    [​IMG]
    what have you done with Ratty ?

11. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Good evening PFSers, Happy Friday! Having Lancer Slices in a Comoy Canadian. The drink is Evan Williams 1783, thanks to Walking Sticks recommendation. Pretty good sipping whiskey for $12! Thanks Stick! :chug:

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Escudo in a Kaywoodie pot...

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
  13. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Since I missed my breakfast smoke this morning now smoking my McC 5100/2015 breakfast blend in a Kaywoodie bent apple with a push stem. Although I enjoyed my earlier straight 5100 smoke, I think it really shines as a blending tobacco.

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

The great light lat sneak experiment continues with success the last 2 nights.
    Didn't post but smoked in my MGM Rock some FM and FMOTT without any bitching from the other half.
    Tonight I go for some C&D Epiphany in my Sav 506K Extra.
    Wish me luck.

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 19 others like this.
  15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

GLP Charing Cross in the Torben Dansk. Had it with a glass of Perrin Cote Du Rhone.

Man, I am really loving this tobacco. I've never had a tobacco so mild but full of flavour, it's all peaty forest and burning leaves. The cut is really interesting as well, it's a ribbon cut but larger than I'm used to, you can really see the texture of the leaf.

I think I'll be definitely be exploring the other GLP blends.

Cote Du Rhone made a good pairing as it's a pretty earthy, smooth wine.

16. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Going to smoke a bowl of Squadron Leader in a Pete Rustic Prince Fishtail to honor Coastie's son in law, U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer Christian P. Humphreys who died defending our great nation this day in 2008. Coastie said he was a pipe smoker who loved to smoke Squadron Leader in a CW. This is for you Chris, many thanks for your service and sacrifice. May your spirit be at rest in the House of Our Lord.
    [​IMG]

17. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

PS Luxury Twist Flake in my one and only Meer.

18. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Lads and Lasses, Today I am honoring Coastie's son in law with a bowl of Squadron Leader. Here is to Christian, Coasite - Three Chears for Christian...

Hip Hip Hooray!
    Hip Hip Hooray!
    Hip Hip Hooray!

Thank you Christian for your unselfish sacrifice. Rest Peacefully while we remain vigilant!

John

19. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Glad you like it brother. That and regular black label Evan are my go to cheap bourbons.

20. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

I now wish I had some Squadron Leader! I smoke my LTF in honor of Christian as well.

Lithua pipe, psquared, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.