What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Now Lads I have a sort of off topic question but related none the less...:confused: What is the appropriate waiting period fer enjoying me pipe in a new land yacht? As the "new yacht" smell wears off and can be replaced by the fragrance of fine baccy and burnt seat covers, what is acceptable?... Just wondering:rolleyes: :whis:

2. Inland Piper

Inland Piper Member

Friday evenings are THE ritual time for me. The fiance and I order a fancy pizza (i.e. not from Dominoes), and while I wait for it, as I'm doing now, I go through the whole process of deciding on a nice after dinner tobacco, pulling a bowls-worth onto a plate, and then deliberating over which pipe to use.

Perhaps some rummy Barbados Plantation in a bent cob tonight.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

4. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Albert, Sounds like a winning combination fer sure:toast:

5. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

A
    Aye Piper, Rituals are a fine past time. Getting the right baccy fer the occasion is real important:th1:. Ye may reward yerself with a wee dram o the capt's rum fer yer efforts:dkn:

6. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Eric, Once the strap has been marinaded, several hours on the smoker with come pecan wood will make it just right.. Yum...:gjob:

7. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

She is one I'lll take to my grave.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished FVF in an early '70s pebble relief Savinelli 315 Prince after being out with friends for dinner. I'm home and going for a new drink and smoke.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 13 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were happy to see us back home, and we were just as happy to see them. M'lady fed them some tuna while I got a cup of hot tea and a bowl of Old Dark Fired in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Going to do some work before long.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
  10. dying breed

dying breed Member

I am enjoying a bowl of university flake. I love this stuff; but, I really wish it was Squadron Leader.

I am sorry for the loss to your family Coastie. My thoughts and prayers are there for you all.

11. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm having fun trying to figure out which pipe/pipes and which tobacco to bring with me on my fishing trip tomorrow. This'll be my first day-long fishing trip with a pipe. The last short fishing outing I took a cob, but I think I'm going to take my Calabresi (was only $15, but I love it). I'll take one bag of Golden Extra and a small bag with a few flakes of Stokkebye LNF. I should probably bring a second pipe too, just in case the one takes a plunge. But then I start thinking that I should bring some Pelican in a small bag....what the hell. I'll just load up and see what strikes me at the moment. It doesn't weigh much. Now which second pipe. Yeah, it better be the cob.

Now...what do I smoke before bed?

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  12. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Hey Inky Bat busted 1k this evening! Congrats! Smoking a bowl of Tilbury in a Pete Drac 999 with a Redds Apple Ale chaser. This may be it for the evening. Got to get up early and run some errands. Y'all have a fine evening!

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 15 others like this.
  13. moosecop

moosecop Member

drew estate central park stroll in a XL nording freehand...

14. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

DBE in the UB poker. Amber Woodchuck on the side.

For reals, I haven't smoked any other pipes except my car Grabow since I got these Unique briars. There may be some culling of the herd in the near future...

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks rondel65! As soon as I pressed send on the thousandth message someone knocked on my door and I was presented with a 1930s Dunhill bulldog filled with Penzance! And then I woke up....

16. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Wow just finished my first bowl of penzance. Thanks Justin. I am definitely believing the hype on this blend. Good night guys. 5am will come quick tomorrow.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 17 others like this.
  17. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Damn, Monkey. Now you've got my attention. I might have to look into one of those.

18. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Inky, Grats on the first 1000:hbang:... Keep em coming:punk:

19. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Last bowl of the night was CH in me Pete... G'night to PSF land fer tonight:ohyh:

20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Equal parts IRC ko-ko and lane BCA. Killer blend! Oh yeah, in a stanwell bent acorn. Hope y'all are having a great Friday night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.