What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Cob full of PS LBF in honor of coastie's family

psquared, zacROK, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
  2. Inland Piper

Inland Piper Member

As a newbie, I love looking forward to those "firsts with a pipe" scenarios. Here's wishing you a fine fishing trip!

psquared, PyrateMate, JWG25 and 13 others like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's been a heck of a week. Telegraph Hill in the L'Anatra. Excuse me, 8 (or so) year old Telegraph Hill in the L'Anatra. Chilled seltzer on the side, Animaniacs on the television.

4. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Quick update on Stokkebye Highland Whiskey. Reminds me of McClelland Old Church with more body. Outperforms that one in my mind. Common thread is Va/Carolina/Cav blend, same genre. The difference is the whiskey. It's in the background but always there. Makes it somewhat one-paced throughout. Nothing complex about it. Burned fine out of the bag. Rich is pretty fair about that. Mild, didn't bite me at all. Can't beat the price. Not for everybody but I like it enough to keep a little around.

Sets me up perfectly for some FM in a Pete 307 that's become somewhat inadvertently dedicated to that one lately before bed.

Good evening PSFers.

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Earlier I smoked some Vintage Syrian thanks to JimInks in a Davorin Morta Bent Half Tulip with li'l floaty icebergs keeping it at just that perfect drinking temperature.

I wasn't sure what I wanted next until I saw nesta's post. So, now it's Telegraph Hill from '05 in a GBD New Standard Billiard. More icebergs in my ice tea.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 15 others like this.
  6. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

A fine evening tonight. Tomorrow, I'm speaking at a rally here in Toronto, so I've been practicing my speech, but now I've got Nightcap in the Altinok Lee Van Cleef and it's time for some bliss.

[​IMG]

7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I started out on Pembroke again this morning in a strange little carved, no name, Italian egg, or acorn, not sure which shape it is. I know it's a pipe I always associate as being a sailor's pipe for some reason. Anyway, I'm finishing up the day with OGS in a Savinelli Trevi 607.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 18 others like this.
  8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Beautiful morning here. Up early to give some new plants water - having some hot days. Winding down my second cup of coffee with a bowl of C&D 933 Cordial. Cordial is a delightful Lat blend. Not popular - there are no reviews on TR. I bought a few tins from SP years back when they had a special on it & was very pleased to have it. Quite similar to GLP Westminster. The pipe is a Benni Jorgensen I bought as an estate (hence the fancy picture - my photos are really plain).

[​IMG]

9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Anni Kake in a Tonni Nielsen elepahnt's foot, sippin' some Buffalo Trace

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

happy Friday night, all! Got home a few minutes ago. Was going to catch up on this thread quickly, then go to bed. The posts about Coastie's son-in-law, Christian, caught my attention. So, I'm having Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in my Wild Honey pipe in honor of the selfless sacrifice of Christian and his family. Nothing I could write would properly express my sorrow and gratitude. I think it'll be "good night" after this bowl. 'till tomorrow, puff on!

Congratulations to Inkybat for 1000 posts!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy working, and am taking a break to fed Suzy and Molly. I just finished smoking Count Pulaski in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
  12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Grats on the 1k Inky! Looking for many more. WooHoo
    Hey how 'bout that idiot mayor up there, Eh? :rofl:
    Bayou Morning in the Pete. Coke Zero in the frozen mug with lots of my home grown lil cubes of frozen water floating around chilling things out.

psquared, jdto, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now, it's Louisiana Red in an unbranded '70s Charatan smooth Billiard. A bottle of Sprite to drink, ans some more work to do.

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  14. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Anniversary Kake in a massive freehand pot. Some gran gala to sip and tool catalogs to peruse, while contemplating a plunge in the savings account.

psquared, JWG25, JimInks and 15 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Sutliff Berkshire (thanks, JimInks) in the Lean Squatch Volcano and singing Home On The Range in Donald Duck's voice.

Congrats on 1000 Inky!

(I'm not really singing in Donald Duck's voice.)

psquared, Rockbass, JWG25 and 15 others like this.
  16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Sure you're not.

psquared, JWG25, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Busted. :bag:

psquared, JWG25, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  18. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

SG BBF in an estate meer.

[​IMG]

That photo's wrong way round! I've only just noticed - poxy on-board camera must've started flipping things again. I'll have to correct it.

[​IMG]

That's better. (Put the pipe in the opposite side of my mouth just to confuse you.)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello there. Peretti's Cuban Mixture in a Squatch.

It's pretty damn late, but it's Friday night! So I can sit up and do nothing as late as I want! Most weekend nights I would be out dragging myself all over the county going to see friends and live music and so on, but I am just feeling like an old hermit person tonight. It's kinda nice. :)

psquared, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Trying a swift kick in the face of Maltese Falcon and coffee to kick my brain into action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.