What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunyip

bunyip Member

I am still searching for my favorite tobacco. Stopped by a b&m store and picked up three 1.5 oz bags of their bulk house stuff. Still not to my liking and the search continues. So, now I think I may put a few on a list for Santa and see if something good shows up.

Since I am a born again pipe smoker, I tried the tobacco from a local shop I used to smoke but it was nasty. Something has changed in that blend. I had someone way back when give me a 1.5z bag of something I loved. In cleaning house a few years ago I tossed it cause it was dry and crunchy. I sure wish I could remember what it was. I think it may have been Altadis (now Sutliff ) and if I remember it had letters and numbers for a name type. Something like ts-112 or tp -112. so the quest continues.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I wanted something strong this morning. I wanted some gosh darn NICOTINE

I'm getting it just fine! Dark Plug Rum in the Parker billiard on an empty stomach. I ought to make some tea to go with this, though.

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Nice early start and managed a Town and Tune Tour in the SL500. Pipe and coffee synopsis :ccup::ccup::bing::ccup::ccup::bing::ccup::ccup::ccup: All cobs with 965, the binge continues, but wait! The Rockin' Black Rock Cob got filled with :msty: Blend from Dust in the Wind, tasty.

Walkabout was more walkabout like as I worked out the lingering kinks, smoked 965 in the Tsuge Tankard and Levi got exited when he heard gunfire but I told him to Leave It and the :( look told me how he felt. Home now with another :bing: cob with 965 and the PRM filled with Costa Rican Tarrazu. Good Day PSFer's. :ngty:

4. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Beautiful morning in NH. Getting in a rare morning smoke. And what else could I choose but the classic Burley/Cob/Coffee combination!

(Specifically, Golden Extra in a MM Patriot with a big mug of 50/50 Folgers/Cafe Bustelo mix on the side)

5. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Woke up at 3:00am. Discussed Dunhills with an East Coast hippy/musician and then went back to sleep thinking of Shell Authors

Well I don't have one of those but I do have this 2013 County Billiard and some SH" In B Tween."
    That'll do.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm starting the day off with Steven Books First Pipe in a Squatch Slightly Bent Dublin with a Horn insert. Black Ethiopian Amaro coffee on the side.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning.
    50 degrees (F) and sunny here.

Coffee in a mug, and Middleton's Cherry Blend in a MM cob :puffy:
    Making a trip to the local smoke shop today...Hmmm, I may finally pick up some MacB Burley London Blend or Golden Extra. Been wanting to try them for a while now.
    Also will be restocking Cherry Blend and Sir Walter Raleigh...must have both on hand at all times :)

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still doing work and now smoking PS Cube Cut in a small 1970s smooth three quarter bend XXX Danish Sovereign 324 sitter.

9. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

OGS in the MM Country Gentleman.

10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just in from having a bowl of G H and Co Balkan Mixture in the Sasieni panelled billiard. With more coffee.

I'm sitting out back in the withered garden working on the book. It is so beautiful here in Toronto I'm able to sit outside with just a sweater. I won't be able to do this much longer before it's too cold.

Interesting to compare the G H Balkan mixture to GLP Charing Cross and Star of the East. Similar tobaccos but all hugely different. I'm preferring the Charing Cross right now, but it's so much more easy going than the other two. Though the other tow have great things going for them too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Dang, forgot to congratulate inkybat for his 1K posting! :thu2:

12. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I has been my great privilege to enjoy my first bowl of Rekamepip's Winter Blend.
    All I can say is OUTSTANDING :bow:

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I had an interesting " animal day " yesterday . Having Deer in the meadow isnt uncommon and they grazed for over an hour .But having a big ass black bear is uncommon at my place . I also saw a strange mouse [ bigger ears than normal ] climb up a tree outside my porch .Theres also been an excess of birds which is understandable this time of year . In a few hours I'm going out and see if I can figure were the Bear came and went from . I surely dont want one around , and usually they move on so it's probably not a problem . Ya should have seen Ruffino [ my dog ] charge him ! For a dog that had his balls removed ... you'd never know

Rekamepip Wizard Stone Pipe / MB GE / Coffee .. getting my brain set into tracking mode

Congrats Inkybat !!!!!!!

psquared, zacROK, Artistik and 17 others like this.
  14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Whoa, there Mr. Pottymouth!
    :xd:
    Hope that plug cured
    that ailment of yours.
    ;)

Out back with some
    Capstan blue in
    the clay. Omission
    Lager on the side.

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Funny! There're forum members in the woods right now looking for deer and they're walking right up to your house!

16. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

They better approach with their rifles pointed down , otherwise :rolleyes:

I'll tell ya what .. the site of my Dog charging was a sight to behold .. it scared the crap out of the bear too ! I have even greater respect for my Dog . He'll be coming with us this afternoon , you can bet on that :th1:I havent been close [ 20 ft ] to a bear in a few years . They dont look mean but something inside says .. Holy :poop:

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Smoking some Baileys Supreme, thanks to the thoughtfulness of Flatbush Paul, in a Falcon. Pg tips tea in the ever present mug. They are saying Indiana is in for some severe weather tomorrow. Dang, Stormy, you are supposed to take the weekend off, you know! :)

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Don't look behind you !

[​IMG]

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks so much on the kudos! Best forum on the 'net!

Henry is in the courtyard playing with the neighborhood kids and dads so I'm outside with a bowl of C&D Autumn Evening (crowd pleaser!) in the Brigham billiard. The kids are alternating between massive battles and collecting leaves.

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Louisiana Red in a 2003 medium bend Nording 4 rough top sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left. Planning on lots of smoking today as I work, as if you couldn't guess! :D A can of Coke is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.