What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thanks Surly!

psquared, JWG25, surlysoul and 7 others like this.
  2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Definitely, the last five have been the best. That's probably been true all along, though. When we met, I was 19 and she was 18. I knew that night we would be married. I think she did too. I wouldn't know how to be me without her. Thanks Miller.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 14 others like this.
  3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Me and the boss have been together since we were 18. Glad to hear that it can be done. ;):D

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 11 others like this.
  4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thanks, Mr. S!
    Thanks, Mate! Arrrrrr...
    Congratulations to you, brother! I bet you still get a thrill when you say "my wife", don't you? Thanks Stick.

psquared, JWG25, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I do :byg: People still think it's funny that I open the car door for her though, so I may be a bit old fashioned.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 12 others like this.
  6. Inland Piper

Inland Piper Member

Breaking in a custombilt with some On the Town, while being decidedly off the town this quiet Saturday evening.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

No your not. I remember when our car didn't have electric locks. I would walk with her to the passenger side, and unlock her door. Then I would walk around to the driver side. Daisy was supposed to reach over and unlock that door from inside, but she would forget to sometimes. I would kid her about being a bad girlfriend. Anyway, your not old fashioned. That's just how you treat a good woman.

PS LNF again.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 17 others like this.
  8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Time for a short, sweet smoke, which is St. George's Blend in a straight 1979 MM Legend. More ice water to drink, and work is done.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 17 others like this.
  9. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

Some classical music, and a bowl of McClelland Raspberries in Cream in my Brigham Voyageur. I've just recently come to appreciate classical music, and what better music for a relaxing night with a pipe?

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 19 others like this.
  10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Finished my last pipe of the day. good night all, see you tomorrow. I know I leave this place in good hands. I'll rest well in that knowledge. Puff on, night crew!

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 13 others like this.
  11. Albert

Albert Active Member

Alright ... One more bowl of BLB in the savinelli Canadian while I finish putting new wires on the mandolin.

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 16 others like this.
  12. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

ODF in a Weaver Acorn, sippin' on Knob Creek.

Morse, Fr Tom, psquared and 15 others like this.
  13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Suzy and Molly beat to the latter as Suzy's sleeping by my side and Molly's by my feet. I'll do a little more reading before I get up and disturb them.

Morse, Fr Tom, psquared and 22 others like this.
  14. muddler

muddler Active Member

Yet another beautiful morning here. Some rain last night which broke the heat somewhat. Just back from an early morning run to the shops. Now to figure out the rest of the day. I'll probably barbeque later & watch the SA vs Scotland rugby game. Second pipe of the morning is FVF in a GBD New Era.

[​IMG]

Morse, Fr Tom, psquared and 18 others like this.
  15. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Escudo Navy Deluxe in a bent MM Gent, Twinning's English Breakfast, hot and sweet, on the side.

It's been a rainy weekend so aside from some housework and shopping the wife and I have been watching old sitcoms, playing video games and reading.

16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Another pre-shift morning rears it's ugly head like some pustule encrusted blackhead on the rectum of life. On a lighter note, I'm kicking off with some Maltese Falcon and raising a skipful of coffee to Senor LD and his anniversary.

psquared, JWG25, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

One day a pilot made a "low pass' in Athos Monastery, a monk who was standing in the edge of the cliff salute him weaving his hands.Some days latter the pilot in a local celebration saw the monk and recognised him so next time he made in purpose the "low pass" to salute the monk. Each time the monk saw an air fight [exercise] was approaching the edge to salute the pilots,one day took a Greek flag and as the pilot pass he start weaving her. The pilot returned back to his base and spread the news so every time there was an air fight the pilots knew that the monk will be in the edge to salute them so they approach close as they could.
    Via internet the news spread around and now everybody knows about him and his habit.The monk is a son of a priest,his real name is Christos and serves also as a well known chanter in Athos. All the pilots love him and honour him,this monk is one of the most beloved not only in the Hellenic Air Force but in whole Greece!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Herman Lane Very Cherry.

Morse, psquared, SidZiff and 19 others like this.
  18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

First pipe of the day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    plus 10% Gawith and Hoggarth's blending Latakia but all though the Latakia jar note is Great I'm going to add another 5% to try and up it in the smoke
    Smoked it playing with Windows Paint :ngty:
    Is this the Pipe you dropped ? you should have it on a Lanyard :old:
    [​IMG]

19. ryan65

ryan65 Member

well, I cut the seal on my new 8oz bag of tilbury and am about 10 mins into the smoke, pure awesomeness! I do pick up on the stonehaven likeness and so far its the closest thing I got to it - Impressed! :thu:

Morse, psquared, JWG25 and 18 others like this.
  20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Colorado Springs :banana:that was a Good Road Trip :th1:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.