What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working, drinking a bottle of Sprite, and while listening to (and living) The Life of Riley, I'm smoking Tilbury in a smooth 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. Suzy and Molly are rasslin' over a catnip toy, so maybe they're living the life of Riley, too?

2. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good Sunday, Good people. Played "soccer mom" transportation co-ordinator all morning: teenagers in destinations of choice. Settled and cosy now in front of a roaring monitor, finally caught up with WAYS, while enjoying a PA/5 bros. melange in a black slightly bent rock cob.

Salutations and accolades to Spillproof and LuckyDuck. Thanks Wicker for the new pipe and hat.

3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

In honor of , I have loaded my Spillproof Special with McC #27

4. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Well, I was late for church but no one yelled at me so it's OK. The picture's me finishing a bowl before I walked in.

Now I've switched to FMOTT in the Torbe Dansk and some coffee.

Happy birthday Spillproof!
    [​IMG]

5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Peoria, Illinois has been hit by some tornados. Looks pretty bad. I think that is where K.Sommers is from, not sure, but not far from there anyways. Hoping for the best for her and her family and all the other people over there affected.

No, now they are saying just East of there in Washington, Ill. There was some damage from it in east Peoria, tho.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Sir Walter Raleigh in a bent MM cob :puffy:
    Smoking indoors, just way too windy outside.

7. kb7get

kb7get Member

SWR in a cob. Fire built in the laptop screen and waiting for the F-1 race to start on TV.

[​IMG]

8. sonarman

sonarman Member

Kickin Chicken, happy birthday to Spillproof!

9. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

First smoke in the Pete 304 system, MB ODF flake

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Going to concentrate on work for a while, so I'm listing my next smoke a little early: FVF in a small 1982 three quarter bend meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head.

11. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

PS LNF in the Savinelli Virginia 603. I'm about ready to get rolling on my work for this final week before my qualifying exam on Friday. After my fishing trip yesterday I am feeling rejuvenated and ready to hit the books hard!

I was so pleased that my buddies didn't give me a hard time about smoking a pipe on the fishing trip. I mean, that wouldn't have stopped me and I wouldn't have cared, really, but I still figured they'd be asking me where my tweed jacket was or something like that. Turns out the one fishing buddy has a pipe that he hasn't been able to pack well so I showed him how to do it and another one tried the cob I had with me. I don't know if either of them will get more into it, but the one who already has a pipe I just emailed and asked him for his address so I can send him a bunch of samples.

12. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Great that you are spreading the love Capt, smoking McC 5100 in a GBD, after the am pipe blend this morning the 5100 leaves wanting more flavor, especially liking the hint of Lat that is in am Pipe.

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Now lighting up a freshly packed MM Cob with some Mac Baren Burley London Blend :puffy:
    I bought BLB just yesterday and It's now one of my favorites. Plus it's sold in bulk at my local smoke shop for $3/oz. This is a very nice Burley, I should review it some day soon.

14. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Member

Damn windy here in Illinois. ....been a couple of tornadoes touch down....enjoying some 1792 in a cob with black coffee. ..the wind beating on the garage door

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

A good fried of mine from high school really surprised me recently by coming by so I could teach him how to pack and smoke a pipe. I bet lots of guys would be pipe smokers if they had someone to show them how.

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Watching football and starting the game with Irish Oak in the mm CG cob. Next up was Bull Run in another mm cob. Next on the agenda is Irish Flake in a Peterson.

17. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

For a pleasant change of pace (I need to give my mouth a break from Latakia), I'm going to enjoy a slighty sweet bowl of Vermont Meat Candy in my Cooper cutty... then, I'm gonna have a cigar while I watch the Bronco's, but that'll be in a different thread... :)

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

a nice after breakfast nap now it feels like the start of a new day
    coffee and a pipe full of tobacco goodness
    :ccup:
    :puffy::puffy::puffy:

19. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Member

Found my hack saw......cut the stinger off of the William Demuth Waldorf I got on ebay. Finishing the bowl of Larry's Blend that was in it.....now she's a'smokin'

20. briarbob

briarbob Member

Precision pipe modifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.