What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a bowl of Granger in rockcob

glad i found this avatar - that other guy smiled too much........

2. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Full Virginia Flake in my Savinelli Christmas 2012 pipe. I love this pipe, I guess you might call it a bent acorn? This is my second pipe with the sterling silver on the shank, and I have to say I'm smoking those two pipes the most lately. I think I'm partial to this style, I like it. But it helps these two pipes (both Savs) are incredible smokers.

The other is a Savinelli Linea Piu bent billiard. That is dedicated to Capstan Blue flake and Dunhill Flake, nothing else. I get so much flavor from that pipe I want to eat it. I'm still trying to decide what the Christmas pipe smokes best. Pretty much everything!

3. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Haddo's Delight in a Peterson Shannon 999

nicktrap, hoss, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  4. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Foggy morning as I look out enjoying a bowl of FMC in an old Digby estate pipe. One more week of work till the wife and I take off the week of Thanksgiving. Going for my 3rd cup of coffee before I get my Monday started. Have a great day everyone!

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thank you and Ms. Daisy, Art. We appriciate the prayers. I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip.

The P.R. Walkabout is under way, and I'm smoking Peter Stockabye Luxury Twist Flake in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Of course I'm drinking complimentary coffee as well. Puff on!

6. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Been sick all weekend. Feeling a bit better this morning, so the first pipe in 3 days is PS LNF in a MM Pony.
    Black Maxwell House on the side as per usual.

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Uhle's Blend 00 is a National Billiard

8. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

After spending an ungodly amount of time browsing PSF last night, all of DG's post swung me to grab a pouch of Carter Hall on the way home. Smells great, can't wait to smoke it in about 20 min!

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley im a Cutty.

Eating dry coffee and doing shots of 1/2&1/2.
    Like a man.

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

:confused: :punk:Unbelievable - MentorBV knows them all... :xd: Indeed that's Bernd, he was the guy who drove over 250 miles only to join us smoking a couple of bowls. That was real cool.
    :csmile:thanks Mentor! As long as I can actually feel the pipe in my hand, you can go ahead and almost feel it, fine by me. :beck:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  11. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

It's been a beautiful couple of days here, widows open and temps in the 70's a little cooler here this morning but still have a couple of windows open. Overcast skies today tho.

Yesterday I popped open a tin of C&D Consolation from '02 and was greeted with a profound smell of mildew, I didn't see anything growing on it but it does not smell right. So I moved on to a tin of McClellands #14 from '01, much better! I'm smoking that now in an old Dr Grabow saddle bit pot, washing it down with lots of coffee.

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

MB London Burley in the Granito Vera Radica. Today is going to be full of work that keeps me away from the work I need to be doing.

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good morning,
    After a weekend of getting some work done around the house it's back to the real job. I think I'd rather be here than at home working. Work at home is too hard!
    I started the week of with Dan's HV in a BST Slightly Bent Dublin with a Horn insert with black Ethiopian coffee.

Happy Monday Smoking,
    Paul

14. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I've had it explained to me in explicit detail and I'm still not sure what's happening.

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

GLP Charing Cross in a Sasieni panelled billiard with a of coffee on the side.

Family is still asleep so I'm trying to get a smoke in before the rush to get Henry to school starts.

16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Five Brothers in a rockcob

17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I just saw his excellent review of Mac Baren Harmony (or Symphony as it's called in the US). In one video he mentions working with the postal authority in Aachen. That's just a breezy 1-hour drive to Mainz when doing 238 km/hr on the autobahn :whis:.

Good point. Because when you're not feeling it in your hand or paying close attention, pipes have a nasty habit of vanishing into thin air. Never to be found again.

18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

This is so cool to me, to know that one of my beloved tobaccos from my beloved little shop in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina, is being enjoyed all the way around the world in Greece. Seriously, that is just so cool. Sitting in that little bitty shop, one would never imagine that.

Good morning. Reiner LGF in a Blakemar Lovat, as I greet the Monday sun. And it's very nice out: 60˚F and sunny. Mighty nice.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Sat up and read for awhile last night, Hound of the Baskervilles, of course had to have an appropriate pipe. FVF did the trick.

20. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Well, the Carter Hall will for sure be kept around. What great OTC smoke! Actually smelled so good that I had to taste the tobacco and I believe it could be chewed on if one was in a no smoking situation ( god forbid ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.