1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

For the money, I don't think you can beat it. I don't normally like OTC's, but CH is one of my favorite smokes. Always have 3 or 4 pouches in reserve.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Well , we talked about it and the odds of the tree growing around the rock , from seed , seems pretty slight but it is a possibility . It appears the rock has been there some time given you can see the tree has grown around it to a point . He figured that someone put the rock there when the tree was old enough to support the rock in the " v " and over more time got to where it is today . This tree is pretty close to where my property ends and my " neighbors " massive property begins .It may have been a marker , though it's off by 30 yards from where our properties meet . Btw , I get in the same mode youre in .. sometimes I light up SWR , like I do every morning , and I end up smoking it all day . Half and Half is another .. I take it to work alot

50 degrees / SWR / Rock Cob / Coffee

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Time to go clean up some downed limbs from yesterdays wind storm
    just luck we did not get what others did

best wishes for those who lost much more than a tree limb !!!

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy helping m'lady get her projects going, but I've been smoking all long. Just finished South Seas in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Going for my next smoke now.

5. JimInks

Now smoking Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. Suzy and Molly are active this morning, too, and are probably a little anxious that they aren't getting more attention from us. They're keenly interested on what goes on, as they follow us from room to room. Two little shadows in search of affection.

6. ryan65

ryan65 Member

Nightcap in my group 5 shell billiard

7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

I once rolled my own with some CH and it wasn't bad! I you have any papers around give it a try...

8. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

:beyes:

9. craig

craig Active Member

Good afternoon gents.
    Todays selectionbis gq tobaccos xmas blend 2013.
    Fruits spices and a good glug of whisky is what comes through on this one.
    Bite free silky smooth and packing plenty of flavour

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I thought the same thing when I read that post. Very cool.

I'm also starting to see where your hatred of the heat comes from. It is absolutely disgusting in north central Florida today. After being in 45F and low humidity for a week, 78F and 85% feels like a soggy version of hell. I'm going to convince the Mrs to move farther north....

For now, I'm smoking Beck's Old Limey Bastard in a new MM diplomat I bought at McCranie's. Because it's too damned humid to smoke one of my briars :bag:

:toast: Edward

11. JimInks

M'lady's off to run her errands and hobbies, and Suzy and Molly are thrilled it's warm enough to open the windows. They are having fun chattering at the birds and squirrels. I'm having fun even if there's chatter on the bit of this pipe as I smoke Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot. Simply Orange s my drink.

12. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good afternoon one and all. After a particularly pesky shift, I can finally settle down to a supremely evil smoke with some Haddo's Delight in my still shiny BC Belami. Shiny!

13. zappano

zappano Member

You're right ;)

14. BernardLerring

I actually felt supremely bored by 2001, I think Kubrick makes a great video artist but a poor film maker. The book, however, is superb, Clarke's knowledge and passion for the subject are evident throughout and would recommend that in place of the film. 2010 is better rendered as a film compared to 2001. All four are worth a read, though the last one is the weakest.

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Presbyterian in the Torben Dansk.

Windy and overcast here in Toronto but pretty mild. House is overturned, we cleared the cupboards and are waiting for the pest control people who do an annual preemptive roach poisoning in the townhouses. Also, my mom's heading back to Nova Scotia today so we're seeing her off. So, not nearly enough work getting done.

I have mixed feelings about Kubrik. Overall I don't tend to watch his films because they feel more like work than entertainment. I've only seen a handful though. I've read a few Clark books but I don't think 2001 yet.

16. BernardLerring

Me too, I find him hugely capable as a director, some of his shooting, one thinks of the "here's Johnny!" scene in the shining is beautifully filmed but i largely find his films deathly dull and uninspired. I find it worthy of note that his best work,IMHO, is Sparticus, a film where all he had to do was direct while Kirk Douglas had pretty much control over everything else. I think he would have made a better video artist than a film maker.

17. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

Hi All
    to start the week im smoking this wanderfull acci C & D Suday Picnic, Vas, Izmir and Perique in broken flakes, on my Nording pipe, its delicius.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Best Regards

18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I was going to mention I haven't yet seen Spartacus yet, and I think I should. I think it's interesting Stephen King is not a fan of The Shining movie...

19. BernardLerring

It's worth a watch, that final scene haunts me still. I thought so too, I've finally taken the plunge and bought the book and added it to my "to read" pile, not read any King before but looking forward to it.

Tucking into a second bowl of the Evil One... Sorry, Haddo's Delight.

20. JimInks

I'm half way through smoking CD Blend in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule. And dealing with happy cats who are really energized by the nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.