What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atom

Atom Member

Someone putting the rock there on the tree as some kind of marker or boundary is the theory I'll go along with too. My fathers parents owned a farm, and when they had to sell it became a gas station, but an apple tree was left up, as a property boundary. The last time I drove by was years ago, but the tree was still standing. Learning how to think for himself, ask questions and think through the problem... That's how I wish I would have been raised.

It's a beautiful day here, 67 and sun-shiny blue skies. It's a Luxury Navy Flake kind of day. Wishes for the best of health to you all!

2. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Man… I'm sorry, but I can't tell you how much I would hate life if I lived in north central Florida (or anywhere in Florida for that matter). That's certainly not any kind of statement about you, but holy hell man, the weather… there would be a lot of this nbg going on. Possibly even this :puke:. It's awful enough here, where we actually kinda sorta have winter time, and the weather is nice and cool, or at least tolerable, for a solid six months of the year. Florida, on the other hand, is just nonstop humidity and awfulness. I go to the Gulf Coast down near Perdido Key/Gulf Shores once or twice a year for a week at a time, and that's all I can take. It's great swimming in the warm ocean and all that, but I couldn't do it full time. One major upside is those badass storms though. You can see them coming from miles away and then it's like a roaring tempest. That I like, as long as there's no property damage.

Aaaaanyway. Having a little bit of Briar Fox in a Squatch before I head off downtown.

:toast: Jake.

3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Some dgt'd esoterica pembroke in a castello sea rock bulldog. Much coffee in the side. Good morning!

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

One way or the other, pretty much the same process. I remember when I was a kid, going out looking for morals or going fishing, used to see things like that all the time here in Indiana. All the cool things you used to see like that and especially chipmonks have been pushed out by parking lots and min-malls.

5. hoss

hoss Member

Mornin... :puffy:

A nice bowl of Gatlin-Burley in a IMP meer. In that rare lat mood this morning. I think they are growing on me again. I have found my "rare" moments growing closer together as of late. 5+ yrs ago i used to prefer lat blends. It's what got me started. And the cycle continues.

6. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning.
    Smoking some Mac Baren BLB in a cob :puffy: with coffee on the side.
    Pretty nice day here. Sunny and 60s (F).
    Have a great Monday :)

7. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Time to start breaking in a new workhorse; Invicta Briars Billiard (custom Oxblood stain) 2/3rd full of PS Proper English.

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I'm trying to get motivated to do something productive. I swear. I've got to go back to work tomorrow but I have Wednesday off :confused:

Maybe I'll do something after I finish the coffee and this bowl of Sextant.

Maybe I'll smoke a cigar and reorganize the humidor...

9. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Today is a first for me, in that I have enlisted the services of a house cleaner. It turns out that a deteriorating disc coupled with inveterate laziness constitutes living in relative squalor. Their fees are roughly equivalent to a good defense attorney. In the spirit of thriftiness, I'm enjoying CH in cob. Good afternoon, Good people.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

11. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

JackKnife Plug in the straight Adsorba.

12. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Having a pre-errand quick smoke on the porch, my breakfast blend, McC 5100/2015, in a Kaywoodie bent apple with push stem.

13. Eric

Eric Member

Yesterday was Esoterica Dunbar in a Tinsky Tanshell Billiard.

I later tried GLP Triple Play in a tin sky Tanshell Canadian.

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Time to smoke the second bowl in the Castello Collection. I forgot to mention that I also pooped another tin at our Pipe Club Meeting yesterday. C&D's Bayou Morning Flake, which was a recommendation by David Emond. He told me, as a fan of VaPer blends I just have to try it, so I ordered a tin but forgot about it, and found it again when I was packing my bag for the meeting.
    It's full flavor and not exactly low on nicotine - reminded me on DAN's St Bernard, but on speed and at full volume. :thu2:

CastelloCollection.BayouMorningFlake.Rahmen.jpg

15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Finished in the shop and now time to get ready for the job that pays the bills. Been smoking PA in one of the shop pipes and finishing off the pot of Maxwell House. Now just got to get stuff boxed and ready to ship. Glad the weather has gotten back to normal, love the sunshine!

16. ryan65

ryan65 Member

trying out tilbury in my stanwell 2010 poy Crosby

17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Savoring a hand-blended mixture of Mac Baren Va. No. 1 and Erik Stokkebye 4th-Generation 1957 in a Cavicchi Bent Dublin ...

[​IMG]

Whenever a blend disappoints me, I try mixing in a little Va. No. 1. So far this trick has worked every single time. Scary.

The 1957 is a light vanilla aromatic that smells particularly good ... my wife definitely approves. But it tastes as thin as cotton candy. Well, the VN1 fixes that. And the 1957 gives the VN1 an aroma boost.

Adding 5% of something funky could be even better, because it's just a tad too civilized as is. I think it needs some badassness, as the Mayor said about The Mac Baren Movie.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I sat outside and had a really good lunch, and now, I'm smoking PS Cube Cut in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink.

19. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Cracking on with some Connoisseur's Choice in the Parker Jockey Club before heading off for some quality Skyrim time.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Having spent 2 1/2 years in Charleston SC after 13 months in Vietnam it took me 18 months to regain my New England blood to where I wasn't shivering at 50 F. Hell even after Chemotherapy ripped me apart I still had days in Feb. I'd be in shorts going to the restaurant in the early morning with the temp in the mid 20's.

Walkabout was great today as we saw Stormy was going to pay us a visit as the radar told me so I got Levi all decked out and to the SL500 we went to have him steal a day. He was in high gear and I was smoking Stonehaven in the Tsuge Tankard, then I stopped at the hardware store for some items I needed to sturdy up our kitchen chairs which are from the late 1850's. Smoked some Whatchagot Blend in the MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem.

After a great meal of fish cakes, sweet corn and onion rings I'm smoking Molto Dolce, thanks to the bomb of samples Billy Ockham sent, and PRM #9. :bing::ccup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.