What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just in from very much enjoying a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in a Peterson bent bulldog. Drizzly and dark night on the Lake here.

2. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Hello again guy's, I'm back, I missed you, celabrating my return with a bowl of Ten Russians in a Peterson and the usual Tetley Tea.............its great to be back!

User4408, YAPPG, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

:banana:

I was getting ready to drive up there and make sure you were OK! Glad to see you back!!

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Hell's bells man. Glad to see you back. I see all it took was for me to mention Quiet Nights in another thread and here you are. :byg:

5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Tiny bowl of G.L.Pease Cairo in a Pete Deluxe 20s before going to bed. Puff on everyone, good night.

Edit: a 10y old version of Cairo - from our Pipe Club. :beck:

User4408, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 13 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1:

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Finally, one of the lost has returned, did you run into Old Codger, Stravinsky or Mrs Calabash whilst you were out there? ;) Welcome home.

YAPPG, Rockbass, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  8. WalkinStick

:drly:

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

What a badass blend! freakin amazing... Fortunately I already ordered some of it. Just have to wait for it to get here and THEN: another ten years of sitting and waiting. but THEN...:bdance:

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

It's really good to see you back again! We've missed you, too.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Chunky Cut Plug in my Red Pipestone pipe
    should hold me off till after dinner
    100_6649.JPG

User4408, YAPPG, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've enough time to get this smoke in before dinner: Old Dark Fired Ready Rubbed in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. Flake or ready rubbed, this blend is really tasty, and I can't recommend it enough. I know I've said that about a number of blends, but let's face it: there are a number of truly great tobaccos out on the market, and even if some of them are expensive (like Telegraph Hill, FVF, etc.), we have an amazing amount of choices these days. I'm sure grateful for it.

13. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Cooler weather here in SoCal, smoking some McC 5110 Full English blend in a GBD Virgin straight grain billiard.

14. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Thankyou all for your kind words.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well the last smoke was to finish the Grousemoor in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob. since I finished the first phone call from heaven I'll go back to reading Confession's of a
    Pipeman which came with the Billy Ockham bomb box. Hope you enjoy this fine evening we had a lovely day here but it's coming to an abrupt end with 36 F for the low in the a.m. and 39 F for the high during the day, hope Mrs Calabash stays warm. :byg: See you in 2-3 given the lax output of the night crew :booty:

16. WalkinStick

That's a good looking stag handle Case. :th1:

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Medium Black Bogie. About to do some reading for class.

18. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Home from a busy day at work and totally undecided on my evenings smoke. I went thru my jarred blends and chose Exhausted Rooster for my old Pete Kildare 87 P Lip. Been awhile since I smoked ER. Love the Hawaiian Punch tasten'casing. Finishing the last of my sweet iced tea. Time to brew another gallon. Hope everyone had a good start to the work week. Hey welcome back Brit Abroad!

19. tradewater

tradewater Member

Not bad outside here and a nice moon. Enjoyed it with a cob of CH and an A&W root beer (now with aged vanilla!!). This is a killer taste combination.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

OK, I lied! :oops: Last smoke ended up being some Gawith Hoggarth Brown Pig Tail. I have 2 jars of it coiled up like snakes so I decided to slice 50 coins with my cigar guillotine and let it dry overnight but the temptation to try it was too strong, and so is the tobacco! :startl: thankfully I chose the Boswell Churchwarden, think it will make a good snow day smoke though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.