1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

There's a cold wind a'blowin' tonight, but I'm going to give the Bullit Proof Diplomat a go with the windcap on top and Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture underneath. It's been an interesting week in Toronto, to say the least. I'm glad we could supply the late night circuit with so much material, but I hope that the Punked crew reveals the joke on our city sooner, rather than later.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Haddo's Delight in a Peretti prince.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Stormy's here visiting which means I get out of raking leaves tomorrow. Thanks, pal!! Also, thanks to Flatbush Paul, I am smoking Compton's Commonweal Mixture in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. More ice water, more icebergs, and more work.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  4. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye P120, Enjoy ye Pirate Kake.... The fence seems to have kept the boarders from coming aboard, so keep a weather eye out fer rum runners trying to to get yer baccy:byg:

5. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Tell Stormy to call his little brother, Windy, home for dinner, so I can smoke in peace out here.

6. zacROK

zacROK Member

Phone has been blowing up all morning with calls from head hunters. Setting up interviews and sending out the resume. Thanks to the head hunters getting me out of bed early today, I am having a nice Bowl of PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in my Sav Standing Billiard with coffee on the side. I need to get into work early today, so it looks like this will be the only bowl of the morning.

7. zacROK

zacROK Member

Decided to sneak in one more bowl before I get ready for work. Carter Hall in a MM Legend Churchwarden. A fresh cup of coffee on the side.

8. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

GLP Cumberland in a Skovgaard bent Dublin, sippin' on some Dickel 12

9. Miller319

Miller319 Member

What is your opinion of it? Am looking for something of a holiday nature that smells good enough that I might be allowed a bowl or two inside on thanksgiving and Christmas days. Want it to taste good though.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Tilbury in the Kapet 68

11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

LBF in a little horn mounted Genod Dublin. Folded like a guitar pick. Best way to smoke this stuff, I swear.

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

One more pipe before bed from the stash cigarsarge sent me. This time it's Dunbar in the Savinelli Virginia. Now this is a really tasty tobacco! I think I need to run in and grab a coat to really enjoy this though....getting chilly again!

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

It's been a P & W Nut Brown Burley night. First in a Ferndown 3* Bark Dublin with a silver band and a cumberland stem with black coffee onthe side. Then in an Altinok Slightly Bent Ornamented Pear with fresh brewed Earl Grey iced tea. Inks Ice Works floaty Li'l icebergs doing their thing to keep the drink at that....we'll you know the deal.

14. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Earlier while watching a 2010 Helen Mirren film "The Debt", Anniversary Kake in a no-name Danish sandblast I've own since the early '70's.

As an after movie desert, McC's Blue Mt. in a GBD Autum Gold calabash, with some hot chocolate and checking in on a rogue's gallery of pipe smokers.

15. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

I am not an aro smoker but purchased this on a recommendation. Smooth smoke no bite and not too artificial for me. The wife said it smelled the best of anything I ever smoked. Good tobacco taste remained throughout the bowl but so did the cocoa. I recommend it.

16. JimInks

I had planned on smoking Tilbury now, but Suzy's asleep by my side, and I didn't wish to wake her by getting up to get it. Luckily for me, I have a number of blends and pipes by my other side, so I decided on smoking Three Friars in a 1980 black rusticated rough top Jobey E27 Stromboli extra egg-shaped poker. I like this blend, so I'm not losing by smoking it.

17. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

McClelland Raspberries in Cream, and drinking a cup of Welch's Grape juice...this does count as two servings of fruit, right?

zacROK, surlysoul, TedVig and 17 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Work is done, and I'm relaxing with a bowl of Rekamepip Winter Blend in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. Going to watch Ellery Queen now.

19. browny

browny Member

Nice cool change this arvo' 18c after 29c just 1.5hrs earlier. Sutliff topshelf (thanks to cigarsarge) in a MM hardwood while I procrastinate over cleaning 2 estate pipes I have.

surlysoul, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  20. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Okay Jim, that description of your pipe has me scratching my head. If you get a chance could you post a pic?

surlysoul, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.