1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? November 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Thank you for posting this. It is wonderful to read. A good friend of mine was born in Greece to a Greek father (last name Vlachos), and the Greek community would have parties and big meals that I loved going to. The food that they cook is just amazing, and they were all so kind and welcoming to me as well. So, warmest regards to you. :)

Hello folks. Smoking Astley's 44 in a Dunhill Shell billiard, and working on a website redesign recommendation report. Look at that alliteration, huh? :D And if you read those last three words out loud they even have a nice rhythmic flow to them. Now how about that?

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

In "a meerschaum" he says. That's like calling my Basil Meadows "some briar".

Seriously, that pipe is terrific. :th1:

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

sitting here at my desk with a couple towels on my lap - tinkering with my stone bulldog that i started last year

all while smoking a bowl of cowboy blend in my other pipestone pipe
    100_6673.JPG

4. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thought I was done smoking for the day when a headache set in earlier, but it lifted and I feel great so I was just out for some Dunhill 965 in the Torben Dansk with beer on the side.

Really glad you like it! It really grew on me, especially after I figured out how to properly pack a bowl.

5. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Thanks, Simon. The pipe was a gift from my wife, the result of a shopping spree in Brussels. I think that might be the Manneken Pis with wings :whis:. For an ornamental pipe it's actually a great smoker.

6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I
    If you go to Shoaf Park in Fort Wayne, near the river there are huge chain eyelets embedded in a few trees used as ship anchors long ago.

Smoking Pirate Kake.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

OMG - a freakin' Bullrock! :drly::drly::drly::drly::drly::drly::beck::beck::beck::beck::startl::startl::appl:

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

This aint going to be a clincher

1/2 Pound Monster ~~~

:startl::startl::startl:

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

But he's not pissing. Seems to be only the Maneken.
    Either way, what Stick said: Seriously, that pipe is terrific. :th1:

10. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Hoppin' on that "Night Train", with Atom and Smokey T. in a GBD billiard. The pic on the monitor is my fishin' buddy of forty + years. We're just starting to get used to each other. I swear he has the best steelhead drift in the lower forty-eight.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished a pizza dinner and am relaxing with m'lady and the kittens as I smoke Count Pulaski in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg. Ice tea properly chilled with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

oh, this is your testcarving for the oversized one, that kerr asked about? :thu2:

13. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good Evening fellas, currently smoking the last of my Ten Russians, a very sad occasion indeed but after smoking ten ounces of it I will most certainly be adding more to my next order, my drink of choice is the usual huge mug of Tetley Tea, happy smoking chaps!

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Maybe it's just luck, but the Stick method is basically - roll a flake up, stick it in a pipe, rough the top up, light. Smoke. Works for almost anything.

The only flake that's ever given me a really hard time was 1792 that was brand new.

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just smoked some C&D Old Joe Krantz in my Rossi. Pretty good stuff, but I don't see myself smoking this one all the time. It's something I'll look forward to here and there. It definitely gives quite the nic hit though. I should have smoked it after dinner instead of before.

16. bambam

bambam Sales Account

Just a nice simple bowl of Boswell's Piper's Pleasure in a Boswell bent apple. Needed a nice relaxing smoke after a stressful day.

17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

LTF in the Leonard Billiard.

18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Yowsa nicotina. I've been smoking mostly 10 Russians for the last few days. Just broke that with a DR. Grabow loaded with JKP and got the nicotine spins for the first time in ages. Kind of fun but best to go slow.:puke:

19. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Ennerdale Flake in the MM Legend

20. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

The mutts are fed and I am now enjoying a Guiness Draught and bowl of my McC's 5100/2015 blend in an Edwards Virgin Algerian briar straight grain pot. Quite a lovely sunset this evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.